IGNORED

F.A. Restructuring - Premier League B teams (Merged)

ashton_fan

Utter rubbish again !

Why can't they stop trying to squeeze every last drop of life blood out of our national sport ?

There already exists a league for this and players can always go out on loan to benefit smaller clubs .

The only good point is that the gap would be even wider between us and the Gas.

This would be disastrous. Premiership reserve teams playing at that level would hinder the promotion prospects of non league teams into League 2. I haven't any interest in Rovers but there are a lot of well run non league teams who deserve to have the realistic opportunity of progressing up the league pyramid.

This would be disastrous. Premier League reserve teams playing at that level would hinder the promotion prospects of non league teams into League 2. I haven't any interest in Rovers but there are a lot of well run non league teams who deserve to have the realistic opportunity of progressing up the league pyramid.

The way it works in other countries is that the 'B' teams cannot be promoted and the promotion spots would filter down

The way it works in other countries is that the 'B' teams cannot be promoted and the promotion spots would filter down

They can't be promoted to the same division as their first team but they can rise through the pyramid, Barca B are 3rd in the second division.

Horrific.

So the elite would be allowed to trample all over the lower echelons just because english talent is not getting through? The likes of cheltenham, Bury, and even the Gas should be treated with exactly the same respect as the top clubs of this country. One has no more right than the other.

How about dealing with the core issue here by sticking a proper cap on foreign players per team, so that the domestic talent is naturally allowed to progress...

Oh I forgot, that would mean the EPL losing it's perceived attractiveness and it's global no 1 status.

In short, it all boils down to money at the top (again), with little thought for everyone else.

Horrific.

So the elite would be allowed to trample all over the lower echelons just because english talent is not getting through? The likes of cheltenham, Bury, and even the Gas should be treated with exactly the same respect as the top clubs of this country. One has no more right than the other.

How about dealing with the core issue here by sticking a proper cap on foreign players per team, so that the domestic talent is naturally allowed to progress...

Oh I forgot, that would mean the EPL losing it's perceived attractiveness and it's global no 1 status.

In short, it all boils down to money at the top (again), with little thought for everyone else.

You have it spot on.

This is nothing to do with improving England prospect, more to do with pandering to the big 5/6 clubs and it's shareholders.

It wouldn't reserve teams though, the clubs would have to have two distinct squads which they wouldn't be able to transfer players between outside of transfer windows. That being said, I think it's a massive smack in the face for L1 and L2 clubs thinking they'd want to play 'B' teams where ever they were from. Where will there home grounds be? Sure as hell not the Etihad and Emirates.

My idea would be to remove Premier League And Championship from the League Cup and let their B teams play in that.

They can't be promoted to the same division as their first team but they can rise through the pyramid, Barca B are 3rd in the second division.

I know with Barca it's not a realistic prospect - but what would happen if the A team got relegated? Would the B team get relegated too, even if they were topping the division?

This certainly sounds like something which would cause far more harm than good for "lower" teams...

I know with Barca it's not a realistic prospect - but what would happen if the A team got relegated? Would the B team get relegated too, even if they were topping the division?

This certainly sounds like something which would cause far more harm than good for "lower" teams...

I believe so - also I think the B team could potentially replace the A team if they got promoted when the A team got relegated. I don't think promotion places are filtered down, if they are, they shouldn't be! There are hundreds of issues around the legality of registering players and how FFP would affect 'B' teams (why should a middle sized team with a B team get financial bonuses of ticket sales for league games in League 2)

Ridiculous FA thinking out loud and publishing everything they can to cuddle up to the premier league

What happened to feeder clubs (I am not a fan*)? or even spread players across the level at which they are performing - wages are the big problem, kids with promise that aren't on resonable money for the level they can perform at.

Until this gets balanced out, premiership clubs should get used to paying most of a player's wages while he is out on loan. Not pricing clubs at the heart of communities in some cases out of the game.

* - I reckon you should only be allowed to loan 2 players from one club at once anyway

Total dog of an idea. While it's tempting to want to see another tier shoved between Rovers and us, we need to consider the far bigger picture here.

I've never bought into this idea of the Premiership being "The Greatest League in the World" (trademark Sky) and even if it is the paucity of English players means it leaves me cold anyway.

Where English football truly is peerless, though, is in the strength of the Pyramid from top to bottom. You can go five, six divisions down depending on the game and still get a proper football experience and good crowds & atmosphere. Then there's the FA Cup, which still manages to produce its fair share of shock results season in, season out, despite the yawning chasm between the Premiership moneybags and the rest. I went to Melksham Town v Devizes Town one Good Friday in the 1990s (I couldn't even tell you how many leagues there are between them and the FL) and there were a good 300 people in attendance.

This is being missold to the fans as a way of bolstering the fortunes of the England team. Now, anything that benefits the England team is OK by me WITHIN REASON, but even if this was guaranteed to make us competitive and not utterly painful to watch I would be bitterly opposed to it. Anyway, I fail to see how it is going to benefit the England team. The way you do that is by giving more young English talent the opportunity to play at the highest level.

No, this is all about pandering to the whims of the big clubs. It will be disastrous if it happens - I can see it being a slippery slope to bringing an end to relegation and the FA Cup - a wonderful tournament that has already been treated like absolute dogsmuck by the powers that be and the top clubs - will be completely neutered. Watch this suggestion re-open the possibility of the Glasgow clubs joining the English league too. 

What happened to the Combination League? Bring back the reserves there if necessary. Besides, the Premiership big guns have such massive squads now and play so many games that they have ample opportunity to give the young'uns a run-out - for example, a lot of clubs field reserve sides in League Cup ties.

If you want a radical notion, how about scrapping the qualifying rounds of the FA Cup and having all teams, from Manchester City to the smallest team in the pyramid, enter at the same time. The grassroots clubs would get a crack at the big boys, and the greedy sods at the top could finally give something back to the grassroots.

This proposal is beyond cretinous. The Premier League almost killed English football at the grassroots level. I hope we're not about to let Dyke et al finish the job.

Archived