IGNORED

Thank You Louis

Jesus

I can't believe I haven't seen one of these threads. Our all time capped player is leaving the club. A club legend and a hero.

You will always be Mr Bristol City to me.

Thank you Louis Carey..... You having given me countless memories that I will keep forever.

Agreed,

Not the best footballer, not the best defender, hell, not even the best captain, but, he put his body on the line every time he stepped over that white line, and as a captain, seemed to know who to give a bollocking to, who to put a arm around.

Not my favourite City player in all the years I have watched,but, I am glad he was here,I am glad I got to watch effort, blood spilt,broken noses and broken Skull, that alone,puts him well above many of the players to grace the Gate.

What ever the future holds, good luck to you Louis

Always had time for the fans, always jovial, and a real family man from what I have witnessed away from football.

Nothing spectacular, but one up there with legend status.

Ffs!

Another Louis Carey love in.

Whatever, don't post on the thread if you disagree, start a I think Carey is a waster nothing to be proud of thread.

Go and feel sorry for Rovers fans, over sending off Carey if it makes you feel better.  Enjoy driving them to Welling

Ffs!

Another Louis Carey love in.

It's ok Robbored, i sure he thinks you're a ***** too. So what happened with you and Gary Johnson? Tripped you up didn't he? Made you look a right idiot I've heard! Surely you can't still be bitter? Heard you had your tail right between your legs when he confronted you.....

Cheerio Gashead

A genuinely nice guy. A player that put his body on the line many times for the team he loves. Has been a fantastic role model for the young pros in his older years. Will be missed around the club but wish him well in whatever he does next.

Amazing to think some of our own "fans" knock a true city legend and most capped player in our history

Trolls or gas imo.

Thanks louis for years of playing for our club with pride and passion, if we had 10 other players like that i doubt we would be in league 1

Whatever, don't post on the thread if you disagree, start a I think Carey is a waster nothing to be proud of thread.

Go and feel sorry for Rovers fans, over sending off Carey if it makes you feel better. Enjoy driving them to Welling

In case you haven't noticed, this is a forum , i e

"A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"

Everyone has a right to am opinion even if it disagrees with your own. Strange as it may seem I agree with Robbored! Carey is not an amateur who has given years of voluntary service to City. He had been well paid particularly in recent years when he has hardly played. Although a good player, he should have been released by City at least two seasons ago.

"A meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged"

Everyone has a right to am opinion even if it disagrees with your own. Strange as it may seem I agree with Robbored! Carey is not an amateur who has given years of voluntary service to City. He had been well paid particularly in recent years when he has hardly played. Although a good player, he should have been released by City at least two seasons ago.

A forum, yes, I am not entirely sure FFS another Carey Love in, warrants debate or a view! I see nothing in that statement backing up his opinion, which, you have. 

Back to your view....Atyeo shouldn't be classed as a Legend?  is that what you are suggesting?  after all he was a full time pro fro part of his tenure here.

Are you sure he has been well paid in recent years? If the reports are correct that he was on a pay as you play deal and a low basic retainer are true you may be wide of the mark.

Anyway the point is this is a formal signing off of a player who has contributed immensely. Anyone who hasn't got the sense to recognise that this should be acknowledged needs to question their allegiance to our club. It really is that simple.

A forum, yes, I am not entirely sure FFS another Carey Love in, warrants debate or a view! I see nothing in that statement backing up his opinion, which, you have.

Back to your view....Atyeo shouldn't be classed as a Legend? is that what you are suggesting? after all he was a full time pro fro part of his tenure here.

I didn't mention John Atyeo as this is a thread about Louis Carey, so I can't follow your logic.

Are you sure he has been well paid in recent years? If the reports are correct that he was on a pay as you play deal and a low basic retainer are true you may be wide of the mark.

Anyway the point is this is a formal signing off of a player who has contributed immensely. Anyone who hasn't got the sense to recognise that this should be acknowledged needs to question their allegiance to our club. It really is that simple.

One simple point. As you've never met me and don't know my history of supporting City , don't make comments about me needing to question my allegiance to our club.

To anyone who haven't seen the youtube videos. Carey's plans are

A) Play another season somewhere (probably non-league)

B) Spend the year after that travelling the world looking at sports clubs from many countries and what they do well/not so well and how they engage with communities.

C) Try to become a manager after that.

Thanks for the memories Louis, there have been some crackers 

I didn't mention John Atyeo as this is a thread about Louis Carey, so I can't follow your logic.

Well by your stand point Carey was not a amateur, so doesn't deserve praise. So I am guessing the same goes for Atyeo who was a pro for a couple of seasons. I think that is how logic works. Unless of course you didn't realise Atyeo was at one point a pro, and now that stand point starts to look a little iffy.

It's quite simple logic!

But then I guess that explains why you have to soil a perfectly reasonable thread with poison.

If you don't want to say thanks fine, your perogative - but many do here without having to justify it to you.

It's quite simple logic!

But then I guess that explains why you have to soil a perfectly reasonable thread with poison.

If you don't want to say thanks fine, your perogative - but many do here without having to justify it to you.

Archived