IGNORED

Thank You Louis

Jesus

I see that no-one has mentioned his refusal to sign a CIty contract and subsequently moved on to Coventry CIty. He was lucky he g ot resigned at AG. It wa his pal TInnion in charge at the time.

Half the facts as usual, then I should expect no more from you really.

If your employer offered you a "derisory" contract after years of good service, and some other company offered you a more attractive package, then what would YOU do, Mr high and mighty?

If you recall his performances started to suffer due to the protracted contract negotiations.

Still don't let facts get in the way of a hormonal rant ay?

I think he was a better footballer than many make out. Because of his commitment his skill was often overlooked. I think he was a player who could of played in any position on the field. At his peak he did have pace and used to go past opposition players with ease. I would often have a go at him for not running with the ball more often and believe it was probably a confidence thing. Whether he compares with John Atyeo is irrelevant as I think he is a Bristol City legend; a top footballer.

Agree with that, I remember him rampaging down the right and going past people, he had it in his locker, but you saw less and less as he moved into the centre

I see that no-one has mentioned his refusal to sign a CIty contract and subsequently moved on to Coventry CIty. He was lucky he g ot resigned at AG. It wa his pal TInnion in charge at the time.

At the time he probably just felt that he wanted/needed a new challenge (perfectly acceptable). He honoured his contract until the end but (within his rights) turned down our offer to play in a higher division, i.e. showing ambition to want to be the best player possible - nothing wrong in that.

After playing at Coventry he realised he made a mistake leaving city as he never got the same pride/buzz by playing for Coventry. He therefore, pushed forward a move back to us only a couple of months later.

All that proves is how much he loved the club. Please enlighten me as to how that is a negative and something we should use against him??

I'm just pointing out that IMO Carey chose to leave the club when they didn't offer him a deal that he thought he was worth. John Atyeo was a one club man.

Huge difference.

I'm fairly sure Gerrard handed in a transfer request after they lost in the champions league final, therefore since he had the intention to leave you would also say he is not a Liverpool legend?

Carey returned after six months of realizing his mistake, can't see what your problem is with that.

Just wanted to add what an interesting watch the three part interview with him was.

As others have mentioned his '3-year plan' is not just about getting a job for the boys. He wants to explore opportunities to play another year elsewhere, Travel the world and learn before returning to england to apply for management and coaching jobs. Reckon we might see him back at AG one day and would be delighted to do so.

Good luck, Louis. Thanks for the memories.

I expect we would have a minimal goals against tally but not many goals for !

What?  Even if they all set off on those mazy runs?

I think he has been coaching Derek Williams - I am waiting for a run up the pitch and a screaming shot into the corner of the net.  I shall be GUTTED if I miss it.

*Half of a season

No problem with commitment under O'Driscoll. They just weren't committed to doing the right things.

But then you're probably one of those who believes that failure is always due to lack of commitment, and success due solely to commitment. I think you'll find there's rather more to it than that. Otherwise, Bas Savage would have played for England.

Thank you Louis, thank you Marvin and of course thank you Liam.

All 3 of you were amazing players for BCFC... in that successful period for us

you were all committed to the cause and willing to take a bash at the sharp and blunt end of the pitch..

Keep believing .. there always will be another team that needs your experience and captaincy experience especially.

Is it me or is it Bristol City the only club in the country where you get a small minority of idiots running down a bloke who has turned out for their club six hundred and forty odd times, picking up quite a few broken bones in the process? And all because he left the club for half a season having been a bit jarred off seeing new signings putting in half the effort and yet "earning" double the money.

And yet if we were at our own workplace in the same situation and we told people we were staying put they would think we were some kind of horse punching lunatic.

Archived