IGNORED

England World Cup Squad

Super

Baines is first choice, so no point having Cole as back up.

Nice to see some youngsters like Barkley, Sterling, Ox etc who all deserve to go, bit of flair in the team.

Also really happy to see Lalana and Lambert going, two players who aren't scared to attack and not play "the England way".

Looks like the squad is this:

Hart

Foster

Forster

Johnson

Baines

Shaw

Cahill

Jagielka

Smalling

Jones

Gerrard

Lampard

Barkley

Wilshere

Milner

Lallana

Henderson

Sterling

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Rooney

Sturridge

Lambert

Welbeck

Difficult to disagree with much of that. I'd have Stones in for Jones but realistically I know that was never going to happen. Lots of hope in that squad.

Looks like the squad is this:

Hart

Foster

Forster

Johnson

Baines

Shaw

Cahill

Jagielka

Smalling

Jones

Gerrard

Lampard

Barkley

Wilshere

Milner

Lallana

Henderson

Sterling

Oxlade-Chamberlain

Rooney

Sturridge

Lambert

Welbeck

Agree.

Not sure how anyone can moan about this squad. Personally delighted with it and Roy has been very brave. For years now England managers have needed to gamble and haven't. For instance taking only 7 defenders and dropping walker had to be done. No need for him at all when Jones and Smalling can cover. For instance Capello took Stephen Warnock to SA 2010 and he was never going to be used.

Fair play to Roy if that's what he takes, it's a young and promising squad with the right senior pros in. Just a shame Cole isn't going but difficult when he's not been playing and the other two have been awesome. Also a shame some have been so dismissive of Cole as well.

Really impressive 23 though.

Ashley Cole left out. Must mean Shaw is going. Cole has also retired from international football. One of England's greatest ever left backs for sure.

Nowhere near, from my time ,Terry Cooper ,Mick Mills or Stuart Pearce all game changers.

Ashley Cole ,steady but often selected because there was noone else.

All IMHO of course .

Can't disagree with much of that. If I had to nail my colours to the mast, going into a World Cup final, I'd have Cole's experience over Shaw's potential, but we won't win it, so like others have said - it will be excellent experience for him and Cole hasn't played much.

Ashley Cole left out. Must mean Shaw is going. Cole has also retired from international football. One of England's greatest ever left backs for sure.

Certainly a good player, just a shame he couldn't have waited until after Roy Hodgson announced his squad today, instead of making himself the centre of attention on MOTD last night.

Certainly a good player, just a shame he couldn't have waited until after Roy Hodgson announced his squad today, instead of making himself the centre of attention on MOTD last night.

Get what your saying

But the written press leaked it and it was fact. I guess all cole did was confirm it to stop speculation as no doubt he was in undated with calls etc

win fkall with that catspiss milner and donkey welbeck

I don't like Wellbeck but he does do well in an England shirt, he causes trouble and scores some pretty scrappy goals

Depressing looking at that lot - Jones and Smalling ? Nowhere near good enough, just making up the numbers same for a lot of them tbh.

We aint got a prayer of getting out of the group stage.

There have to be other players that can be taken instead of Jones and Smalling - I'd even put Caulker ahead of Smalling, not had a tragic season despite playing for that lot. Always comes out of games with glowing reports and that's in a side that got hilariously relegated.

Sean Dyche discussed John Terry on Soccer Am (well, he was prompted) but I'd have taken him over the chuckle brothers Smalling and Jones.

They are capable obviously as they have been brought in to one of the world brands and market leaders in bringing in young talent and developing them - but could they both have world cups like Hargreaves did a few years ago?

Unlike Mr Cole, I've yet to receive a phone call from Roy telling me I'm not going to Rio so I've still got my fingers crossed. :fingerscrossed:

In case I don't make it in to the final 30 I'd just like to announce my retirement from international football after this World Cup. I will remain on standby just should there be any injuries until then.

;)

I don't like Wellbeck but he does do well in an England shirt, he causes trouble and scores some pretty scrappy goals

There have to be other players that can be taken instead of Jones and Smalling - I'd even put Caulker ahead of Smalling, not had a tragic season despite playing for that lot. Always comes out of games with glowing reports and that's in a side that got hilariously relegated.

Sean Dyche discussed John Terry on Soccer Am (well, he was prompted) but I'd have taken him over the chuckle brothers Smalling and Jones.

They are capable obviously as they have been brought in to one of the world brands and market leaders in bringing in young talent and developing them - but could they both have world cups like Hargreaves did a few years ago?

And that's why that ass wipe Dyke wants to introduce B teams, backward thinking.

He's turned his back on England, time to move on. I'm not a fan of Smalling and would have taken Stones or Caulker for the experience, but I'd never go back to JT.

Archived