IGNORED

He's An Orr

CiderJar

I don't hate him ffs! He was/is a very decent bloke.

He was an average trier with average ability, end of.

I really just don't get these regular 'love-ins' with former players.

He was an average player, but put in some great performances. Always gave 100 percent in a City shirt, hence the 'love-in' as you put it.

He was an average player, but put in some great performances. Always gave 100 percent in a City shirt, hence the 'love-in' as you put it.

Hence why most fans would be happy to see the likes of Carey, Orr, Stead, Murray in our team....like that's gonna win anything...apart from applause for effort.... :facepalm:

my point is you lumped Scotty in with Jon stead who could hit a cows ass with a banjo! That's poor form!

Have you read this forum of late...? Stead is loved as much as any for his 'effort'. I've never understood the love in for effort....over quality. I'm sure most on here would give more 'effort' than those who play for us....but it doesn't mean they are good footballers.

Have you read this forum of late...? Stead is loved as much as any for his 'effort'. I've never understood the love in for effort....over quality. I'm sure most on here would give more 'effort' than those who play for us....but it doesn't mean they are good footballers.

I think you need balance if you had 11 players with jets work rate you'd get beat every week as equally if you had 11 Jon steads.

A determined player can drag all the rest of the players out of a mess and back in to a game with guts and desire. Now if you had a player with both you be on to a winner!

Archived