IGNORED

Foreign Players For City....

spudski

Yes...what a quality player. Forgot about him. We had some terrific players that season...in fact it is my favourite season ever under Benny...even though we went down. If only we had kept them all and had another season together...just like you say.

Have you seen Seboks career record?...it's rather good.

Bloody good, and did well in Europe, playing in better leagues and bigger clubs than us, bagged a hatrick in one international and marked Shearer out of the game vs England

So is Darren Byfield. As are loads of players who decide to play for a parent's country of origin.

Anyway, of genuinely foreign-born bods has anyone mentioned Seal, Brennan, Carle?

Well, the question was foreign players, and Akinbiyi is English.

What about that big centre half that GJ fell out with and went off to Italy, I have forgotten his name, was he croatian?

Tamas Vasko? Hungarian defender who played for GJ in 07/08 then left (I think it was a season-long loan anyway).Ha

Scored 16 goals for Wolves in the same Division that he scored 20 for us. I'd say that's worse?

If he had played the same amount of games maybe!  And a 5 Million Pound to the Premiership from Wolves would suggest he got better.

If Leicester had kept Guppy instead of selling him as Adi walked through the door, i reckon his scoring record would have been far better, he was always a ball in front of him kind of guy, and Guppy was that kind of winger, great crosser for the attacker to attack.  

Playing in the German second division, Hungary and Israel?

Hardly Serie A is it?

He was completely disinterested once Benny left (even making Dziekanowski look interested), one game under Pulis he only just made it on the pitch as the second half kicked off..

I don't blame him... I wouldn't want to work under Pullis back then after Benny either...19 years as a pro.... 50 odd caps for Hungary... Scored the winner against Munich... not many City players can equal that.

Jan Moller - quality Swedish international keeper who also played for Malmo in the '79 European Cup final v Forest

The way he dished out retribution on Trevor Francis in the cup at Florist was magnificent, one fist for the ball and the other for you Trevor. Trevor? you appear to be on the floor Trevor.

Jan Moller great keeper and a shame we were so shite and couldn't keep him ,

Mark Shail  was born in Sweden wasn't he ?

Jon Econonomou (one for the oldies) not a Bemmie name surely  :P

He's a Londoner, & there's only one 'on' !

Dermott Curtis, Republic of Ireland international playing for Shelbourne signer late 50s. Scored 16 in 26 games for us then moved on to Ipswich who one promotion to the 1st division.

Part of a strange double, as a third division side we provided both centre forwards in an England vs Ireland international - Big John and Dermot Curtis.

Part of a strange double, as a third division side we provided both centre forwards in an England vs Ireland international - Big John and Dermot Curtis.

Except- to be pendantic- John Atyeo was England's Inside-right in that particular game. . It was the first time since the Billy Wedlock- Joe Cottle era that CITY had two international representives playing in the same game. And CITY was playing in the Second Division at the time.

Except- to be pendantic- John Atyeo was England's Inside-right in that particular game. . It was the first time since the Billy Wedlock- Joe Cottle era that CITY had two international representives playing in the same game. And CITY was playing in the Second Division at the time.

Good points. For some reason Atyeo played no 8 for most of his career despite being as orthodox a CF as you'd find anywhere.

I sit corrected :-(

I guess Don Clarke (Brian's dad) wore no 9 when Atyeo broke through into the first team?

"Wiki" says it was Arnold Rodgers at No 9 when big John made his debut along with Cyril Williams who had returned from WBA. All three scored in a 3-1 home win against Newport County.

Archived