IGNORED

Pub Gimmicks For The World Cup

22A

OK Mods, move this to the World Cup thread if you must, but I didn't want it to get lost..

Here in P'boro', a pub in the centre of town is putting up a thirty foot long bar outside so fans can have a Samba during games if they wish. If you actually want to watch a game, you can pay a fiver and enter the pub to watch it on a 48" screen TV.

I was travelling through Chesterfield today. "The Stonegravels" is offering free large screen TV plus free half time snacks for every game.

What's your local pub doing for the World Cup?

I have it on good authority there is a pub in Knowle West that is getting a psychic armadillo in for the group stages of the world cup.

The pub has only hired her (yes, the armadillo is a girl) for the group stages, as the manager does not believe in any of this crap.

TFR

P.S. It is called Amy.

I have it on good authority there is a pub in Knowle West that is getting a psychic armadillo in for the group stages of the world cup.

The pub has only hired her (yes, the armadillo is a girl) for the group stages, as the manager does not believe in any of this crap.

TFR

P.S. It is called Amy.

Whooosh, whoosh, whoosh.

Can't think of any pubs left in Knowle West. Sarf of the dual carriageway must be the nearest in Hengrove. A few Social Clubs still hanging in there.

Wouldn't have a clue, never have drank, and never will. But I think it's very off that soft drinks are more expensive than alcoholic ones.

Then you wouldn't know that pub prices are at least four times supermarket prices for alcoholic drinks as well?

TFR

P.S. It is called Amy.

Not a hedgehog? :(

Then you wouldn't know that pub prices are at least four times supermarket prices for alcoholic drinks as well?

Nope have never looked, but when a pint of coke is more than a pint of beer I think that's wrong. Personally I think Alcohol and Fags should have 200% tax on them, both are disgusting habits that kills lives. I would also like to see 100% tax on these E Fags.

Nope have never looked, but when a pint of coke is more than a pint of beer I think that's wrong. Personally I think Alcohol and Fags should have 200% tax on them, both are disgusting habits that kills lives. I would also like to see 100% tax on these E Fags.

How about taxing sex as well - that should bring in a few quid and spread the misery more evenly...

Alright, Adolf Thatcher, give it a rest!

Can't stand the hollier than thou attitude of non drinkers. Personally I find it hard to trust anyone who never has a drink.

Are you a vegetarian as well..?

if they put a tax on boring w@nkers, you'll need to start saving towards it.

We've put loads of flags up, are opening late where necessary and have shed loads of beer for sale.

Is that gimmicky enough?

if you are alcoholics anonymous it is !

I hate pubs during major tournament's. They seem to attract the utter dregs, who suddenly become an expert when "Ingerlund" play, and behave like an utter **** and play up because its football.

Ill be in my garden with my bbq, plenty of beer in the fridge, a 40 inch balanced on the green bin and invite lots of friends round to make an atmosphere

Alright, Adolf Thatcher, give it a rest!

Can't stand the hollier than thou attitude of non drinkers. Personally I find it hard to trust anyone who never has a drink.

Are you a vegetarian as well..?

A hit sir, a palpable hit!

Archived