IGNORED

Glastonbury

internetjef

Kasabian were very good. Much better than that Arcade shit the other night!

Have to say watching it back on TV/iPlayer the quality of the show doesn't come nearly as good as it was live.  Visually and Musically they absolutely smashed it.. one of the best performances I've seen at Glastonbury. 

Any tips on how to get tickets for next years? 

Finally after many years I feel it's time to go. Especially with rumours that AC/DC will headline.

I think that's metalhammer having a bit of a joke myself.

There is no guarantee to get tickets but best advice is be up and ready to go with multiple devices (pc, ipad, iphone etc) refreshing on the ticket page.  You'll usually be ok... I've come in work a few years and sometimes the fast connection has been benificial and then like last October it was actually worse and I got through on my iphone via 3g of all things.

I survived too!!! Absolutely brilliant, why haven't I been before.

It was hard work but in a way I might have been a tiny disappointed not to have any mud. We arrived on Thursday evening, pitched our tent and went for a wander, just taking it all in (well not all as we only covered a small amount of what was on offer), it was a lovely evening so we just went on an on...arrived back at the tent at 2.45am!!!

Woke up to the rain on Friday. Really wanted to see Kaiser Chiefs as the campsite steward told us they were playing the Other stage at 11am (we had already made it a priority to see them on John Peel that night). We missed the first 10 minutes but so glad we made the effort, they were really good.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of bands, rain, mud, tents, toilets, food and walking...

Got caught in a huge thunderstorm watching Rudimental, never so wet in my life, not a dry bit of my body anywhere!!! Gutted Rudimental never got to finish their set though.

Saw Kaiser Chiefs twice, (but they did a different set), Blondie, Rudimental, Lily Allen, Elbow (just their final song) Kiesza, Kodaline, Foxes, Bryan Ferry, The 1975, Dolly Parton (who was better than I thought she would be, just went along out of curiosity and cos everybody else seemed to be going), Ellie Goulding and Kasabian.

For a headline act I didn't think much of Kasabian, but i wanted to see a headline act and they were the pick of the three for me. I know a few of their songs but instead of finishing with 'Fire' which really had the crowd going they went on for a couple more songs with less impact and it sort of fizzled out, no big finale, no fireworks. Just a thank you on the screen from Emily and Michael Evis. Kaiser Chiefs would have been better headliners, IMO.

That's my only moan though really. It takes a bit of a while getting used to carrying a loo roll around with you at all times, and hand sanitiser. Tip for toilets, take a deep breath and don't breath again until you come out. Yup sometimes they were bad,but probably not as bad as I expected, but if you can look down into the void of those long drops there won't be much in life you can't face!

Any tips on how to get tickets for next years?

Finally after many years I feel it's time to go. Especially with rumours that AC/DC will headline.

We always get together in a big group (preferably a multiple of total tickets allowed in one purchase), everyone has everyone else's ticket numbers and we just keep hitting refresh until everyone has a ticket. Worked every year so far!

I survived too!!! Absolutely brilliant, why haven't I been before.

It was hard work but in a way I might have been a tiny disappointed not to have any mud. We arrived on Thursday evening, pitched our tent and went for a wander, just taking it all in (well not all as we only covered a small amount of what was on offer), it was a lovely evening so we just went on an on...arrived back at the tent at 2.45am!!!

Woke up to the rain on Friday. Really wanted to see Kaiser Chiefs as the campsite steward told us they were playing the Other stage at 11am (we had already made it a priority to see them on John Peel that night). We missed the first 10 minutes but so glad we made the effort, they were really good.

The rest of the weekend was a blur of bands, rain, mud, tents, toilets, food and walking...

Got caught in a huge thunderstorm watching Rudimental, never so wet in my life, not a dry bit of my body anywhere!!! Gutted Rudimental never got to finish their set though.

Saw Kaiser Chiefs twice, (but they did a different set), Blondie, Rudimental, Lily Allen, Elbow (just their final song) Kiesza, Kodaline, Foxes, Bryan Ferry, The 1975, Dolly Parton (who was better than I thought she would be, just went along out of curiosity and cos everybody else seemed to be going), Ellie Goulding and Kasabian.

For a headline act I didn't think much of Kasabian, but i wanted to see a headline act and they were the pick of the three for me. I know a few of their songs but instead of finishing with 'Fire' which really had the crowd going they went on for a couple more songs with less impact and it sort of fizzled out, no big finale, no fireworks. Just a thank you on the screen from Emily and Michael Evis. Kaiser Chiefs would have been better headliners, IMO.

That's my only moan though really. It takes a bit of a while getting used to carrying a loo roll around with you at all times, and hand sanitiser. Tip for toilets, take a deep breath and don't breath again until you come out. Yup sometimes they were bad,but probably not as bad as I expected, but if you can look down into the void of those long drops there won't be much in life you can't face!

Glad you enjoyed it!

Just remembered I saw someone wearing a minty hire rite shirt on the Sunday morning - sort of in the fields just past silver Hayes.. Anyone on here?

Archived