IGNORED

Glastonbury

internetjef

He must be quite old then as BBC have covered it for years! Don't really think screening it, is what's made it as commercial as it's become. More down to the organisers.

To be fair, 99.9 per cent of music events are just as commercial. It's not 1969 any more. The world has changed.

Missus just text me from there, she's (finally) fallen in love with Metallica! It's the first time I wish I'd gone, what a set, played all the classics. Master is still the best, I was a spotty 13 year old complete with mullet when I heard that!

I've never been, for those that have how the he'll do you manage to find your tent every night? Do the tents not get robbed? And have you ever found anyone asleep in your tents? What about toilets? The queues must be massive or is it a piss in a bottle sort of job?

I've never been, for those that have how the he'll do you manage to find your tent every night? Do the tents not get robbed? And have you ever found anyone asleep in your tents? What about toilets? The queues must be massive or is it a piss in a bottle sort of job?

Quite easily to find the tent, tent robberies have dropped like a stone since the proper fence was installed and toilets - plenty, the long drops as they are known are much better than the old tardis ones.. They also have lots of urinals

I'm not a massive fan of Metallica (though I certainly don't dislike them) but I thought they sounded excellent on the TV last night. I still think they are a morally bankrupt choice as headliner given the ethics that Glatonbury promotes, but they were very good

My only regret with Robert Plant's appearance was the amount of grey hair. Age is creeping up on all of us. I and my daughter enjoyed the music though. Thanks BBC for the broadcast, as she's wheelchair bound, I couldn't take her there.

Personally never appealed to me, not a huge fan of camping and wallowing in your own filth for three days! But the music side of it sounds great. I think a lot of people simply go so they can post 'selfies' to show how cool they are by visiting. Does anybody know if Phantogram were there? One of my favourite bands at the moment.

Thinking of doing Glastonbury but I am not the slumming type,so are you allowed to enter and leave the site as you please ?

The reason that I ask is that I would prefer to travel each day and stay in a decent B&B, Is this allowed ?

I live two miles from Pilton and (apart from one disastrous camping experience) have always driven home each evening. There are lots of locals now who rent out their cottages for that week. It's an expensive option, but the joy of a flushing toilet and a hot shower after a day on site can't be exaggerated. I say go for it, FR. I've sort of grown out of the festival but there is still nothing like it - and it's about much more than just bands.

Mrs Robbo and myself have even considered letting our home out for the Festival next year. If we do, I'll let Otib know. Discount for city fans! ;-)

That Ellie Goulding would get it...

Really? I've never found a 20-something blonde in her bra so unattractive. It was like she was getting her nawks out in a desperate attempt for people to like her, it was a bit embarrassing. Try singing some better songs love...

Kasabian on now. Always found I get bored of their records after a couple of listens, but a very good live act whenever I've see em so could be a good show

Well Kasabian pissed all over those old fools from Saturday night didn't they? Amazing.

Got bored after a while and went to bed. I do think they're a great live band, just don't think they have the gravitas to headline Glastonbury. Some good tunes but very one dimensional. I don't particularly agree that Metallica should have even been there (sued their own fans, Hetfield is an NRA member who enjoys hunting which is totally counter to the ethics of Glasto), but they owned it. Don't get me wrong; I don't think Kasabian were bad, they just didn't own it in my opinion

back now and legs are in pieces from all the trudging around. Was still brilliant regardless of the rain though.

Shangri-La area not as good as it used to be since they got rid of all the weird alleyways which were always great to explore

Particular music highlights were Blondie, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Arcade Fire, Jack White, Disclosure DJ set on Arcadia, Dolly Parton (surprisingly), The Wailers and Kasabian

Bit dissapointed with Interpol and Kelis's sets.

Going to watch all the acts i missed on iplayer tomorrow while recovering.

back now and legs are in pieces from all the trudging around. Was still brilliant regardless of the rain though.

Shangri-La area not as good as it used to be since they got rid of all the weird alleyways which were always great to explore

Particular music highlights were Blondie, Rodrigo y Gabriella, Arcade Fire, Jack White, Disclosure DJ set on Arcadia, Dolly Parton (surprisingly), The Wailers and Kasabian

Bit dissapointed with Interpol and Kelis's sets.

Going to watch all the acts i missed on iplayer tomorrow while recovering.

Glad you enjoyed it fella, been hearing about how good was all day from mates returning today and I can only conclude I'll have to try doubly hard to get a ticket next year

Archived