IGNORED

New Signing Wednesday (Merged)

Dolmanator

• Admin

I may have been wrong about Cotts but I was one of the few to be excited by this signing knowing that he was viewed by his own team's fans in a similar way to Stead. I even went to the Weston pre-season game just to see his debut haha.

20 goals now. Some of these comments are laughable although at the time understandable

I don't think anyone was chuffed when we signed him but fair play to him for coming through.

Think I'am one of the ones who thought what the **** are we buying him for' so would just like to say sorry to Wilbs

I have to say i was initially disappointed as he didn't fit in with the youthful other signings but i soon come around to thinking he'd be a decent 2nd option off the bench and if he could contribute 7/8 goals he'd be worth it. I did not expect for him to play 40+ games hit 20 goals and be our offensive fulcrum! 

Lets just wait and see. As far as I'm concerned Ryan Taylor got injured and we lost Stead so we tried Harewood, that didn't work. So we tried Barnett, who wasn't much better. So seeing we weren't going to persist with Taylor we have ditched them all and brought in this player.

Plus points are experience, he's been part of promoted teams (winning mentality) and he knows Baldock and worked with him with success previously. Sounds a hard worker too, that's got to be a plus.

So here's the crunch, should we try him or persist with Taylor, Harewood, Barnett or lure Stead back? I'm voting for Wilbraham.

I couldn't remember what I wrote at the time, but as this has resurfaced I had a read and it made me smile.

cleverest striker since nicky morgan

Now there's a good comment, completely agree, Nicky Morgan like Aaron, came to us pretty late in his career but was different class, schooled at a higher level and whilst not having obvious pace etc, was far better than most strikers I have seen before or since. Aaron is very similar albeit a different type of player

Archived