IGNORED

New Signing Wednesday (Merged)

Dolmanator

Has played with Baldock before at MK Franchise, not a glamorous signing admittedly but perhaps we have been spoilt over the last week. I would imagine his role will be coming off of the bench when we are trying to see games out, using his experience to wind the clock down. Also a different option if we are trailling and need to go route one late in a game.

Palace mate saying that he's a hard worker and will compliment Baldock well.

I'm actually pretty pleased with the signing. We don't need another quick short striker, we need someone to complement SB and offer something else, especially for those times when JET doesn't feel like it.

Trouble is everyone thinks all forwards can and should get 20/25 goals a season, so people are instantly dismissive of anyone who doesn't have an elite level goals ratio.

I haven't seen him enough in the flesh enough to make an opinion, so I'm going to do something novel....trust that the manager has made a good signing and judge him based on what he does at City.

Day one..... 'Morning Sam, you're looking lovely today. Are they new shoes? They really bring out the glint in your eye.'

#ComplimentingBaldock

I meant in a playing sense. :laugh:. Also said he doesn't score many, but IMO he might at this level.

Pleased that there are finally some sensible thoughts on this signing. It's now time to give him an opportunity to show what he can offer up front with Sam. If he can take the pressure of Sam, link play with him and hold the ball up well, then he'll do just fine here. Plus he'll bring bags of experience to this level which will help the younger players.

Like others have said, we've been spoilt over the last week and some need to remember that we're still a league 1 club with a budget so cant bring in lots of big names. I think this could be a shrewd bit of business by Cots.

Bring on the new season.

Hm, 3 goals in the last 8 years says to me he isn't a goalscorer.

I have seen him play before, and he reminds me of a slightly better version of Barnett, but still a bit of a donkey.

I think he'll be okay here, but can't see him as a starter.

He's not prolific, but not quite that bad!! Got 12 for MK Dons at this level in 2010.

Like you I don't see him as a regular starter, but when SOD signed Harewood he pointed out that we needed some experience up top. Now that he's gone, along with most of the other exprienced lads like Carey, Pearson and Marv, he could just fit in fine.

As someone said above, lets judge him on what he does for us.

Pleased that there are finally some sensible thoughts on this singing. It's now time to give him an opportunity to show what he can offer up front with Sam. If he can take the pressure of Sam, link play with him and hold the ball up well, then he'll do just fine here. Plus he'll bring bags of experience to this level which will help the younger players.

Like others have said, we've been spoilt over the last week and some need to remember that we're still a league 1 club with a budget so cant bring in lots of big names. I think this could be a shrewd bit of business by Cots.

Bring on the new season.

Don't you be coming round here with your optimism.

In all seriousness, I think the squad is coming along together very nicely indeed. We have added a good mix of characters to what was already a decent side in the latter stages of last season, with possibly more to come as well.

And so it continues....

Bristol City FC and the Pilton Pop Festival (Glastonbury for you young 'uns) - have you noticed the similarity between the two?

I'm referring to the 'Sunday afternoon Legends Spot'

They had Kenny Rogers, we had Jody Morris, They had Dolly Parton and we get Wilbraham.

I'm hoping that next year, Glastonbury book the late Waylon Jennings so that we can sign the ghost of Bobby Moore.

Is this not the exact signing we were trying to stop though? 34 year old lump who was on his way down about 4 years ago? I'm stunned that some people are actually happy with this signing!! SURELY there HAS to be better out there? All the good work we have done in the market and then we go and do this? Makes no sense at all.

Is this not the exact signing we were trying to stop though? 34 year old lump who was on his way down about 4 years ago? I'm stunned that some people are actually happy with this signing!! SURELY there HAS to be better out there? All the good work we have done in the market and then we go and do this? Makes no sense at all.

How many games have you seen him play? What's his hold up play like? Does he get many assists? What about his passing, does he have good vision and be able to pick a good pass to someone who is free? Is his work rate good when we are under pressure, does he get back and tackle?

Other than his stats on Wikipedia, what are you judging him on? Genuinely curious. It really makes me wonder how people can be so determinedly against a player that in reality most won't have seen play more than a handful of times, and never in our squad under our manager.

In my opinion we needed an experienced forward player in the squad. We now have a very young side with the experience of Elliott and Wilbraham. Both are only on one year contracts so not like in the past when we were giving them 2 years. Like i said earlier he is the type of player we haven't got in the squad (as GJ used to say another club in the bag).

2 goals in 500 games is enough of a stat.

Spent months taking the piss out of my Palarse mate for having this lump.

Actually feel sick.

Yeah but you also said Baldock was an average league one striker at best, so I guess you don't know as much as you think you know.... :whistle:

Baldock has played well alongside him before which is a bonus.

His strike record at MK wasn't atrocious either, one every 3.5 games and that's assuming all his appearances were starts, which they won't have been.

Yeah clearly he's not a 20 goal a season (or possibly even decade) guy but if Cotterill thinks he'll bring something to the team.....I think he's earned the right to get support and patience from the crowd on his transfers rather than morons instantly dismissing yet another new player, because we haven't signed Lionel Messi....

I swear if we did we'd have some muppet on here picking fault with his stats...

Archived