IGNORED

Who Would You Need To Contact At The Club....

spudski

I can see both sides of the argument.

But business is business. Who are the club going to invest their efforts in, diehards who will go to every game regardless or someone who may well become - albeit infrequently - a return visitor due to how well they've been treated?

It's the same reason companies offer brilliant deals on the TV and then add "not applicable to existing customers".

Exactly that. We are already stuck with Bristol city for the rest of our lives- It's the club job to trick more into joining the suffering!!

• Admin

Aside from the arguments over whether it was deserved or not, a couple of years ago I'm sure I remember the club was giving "caps" to young'uns attending their first game. Does this still happen as this would be an appropriate compromise that is offered to all fans? If it doesn't still happen, why doesn't it?

Most fans I've seen interviewed on the pitch etc are there as they are participating in a charity event, like Jer Boon the bike rider for example. I've heard the club give shout outs to fans who have travelled from other countries etc but that's about it.

There is already a process for first time junior supporters.....introduced at half time and given a city cap.

This would surely fit the bill but to liven things up Dave could place the cap on the halfway line with young Giuseppe setting off from one goal and an angry Nogbad setting off from the other, both mounted on armoured horses brandishing long pikes.

Hell, I would skip my half time pie for that one.

I'd pay to see that, (more then my st cost for that match)

Aside from the arguments over whether it was deserved or not, a couple of years ago I'm sure I remember the club was giving "caps" to young'uns attending their first game. Does this still happen as this would be an appropriate compromise that is offered to all fans? If it doesn't still happen, why doesn't it?

Still do the cap presentation, Dave was kind enough to sort one out before the stevenage game for my stepson. i now live in Manchester and it was his first home game and Scott Murray did the presentation for us.

He is now a mad keen city fan which can't be a bad thing here in Manchester and is telling his mates at school how cool the club is by letting him on the pitch before the match. How he met scott Murray and how polite he was and aldo Steve lansdown also said hello to him.

It deffo works in getting fans coming back.

Still do the cap presentation, Dave was kind enough to sort one out before the stevenage game for my stepson. i now live in Manchester and it was his first home game and Scott Murray did the presentation for us.

He is now a mad keen city fan which can't be a bad thing here in Manchester and is telling his mates at school how cool the club is by letting him on the pitch before the match. How he met scott Murray and how polite he was and aldo Steve lansdown also said hello to him.

It deffo works in getting fans coming back.

The cappings have been a huge success. I am glad your stepson remembers it and feedback suggests that most of the kids who get a cap find it a really special experience - which is the whole idea. We will continue with the scheme this year.

I wasn't able to offer any freebies to the OP, but I have offered to give his mate and his son a tour of the ground outside of a match day. Something i would be happy to do for anybody, within reason.

There are certainly  some miserable and jealous people on here.

What are you like at christmas, do you tell santa you will not believe in him anymore if he gives the kid who lives next door a present as well.

It feels good to see good things happening to others.

There's enough sh1te things happening as it is.

Well done to Dave and the club, its nice to hear of the making an effort to make people feel welcome.

I'm hoping to fly in from Australia for the Oxford game but wouldn't expect any VIP treatment and will be quite happy with being part of the crowd and hopefully enjoying the game!

As for Noggers poor attitude on the matter, i could quite understand if the people he mentioned have asked and been turned down for 'VIP' treatment but to insist that people more deserving should be tracked down by the club and put on a pedestal is nonsense. If the club isn't informed they are coming through the right channels how is it supposed to acknowledge them?

Don't get me wrong i'm sure there are more deserving folk but as the OP said if you don't ask you don't get, this is certainly one time the club have got things right.

A ground tour on a non match day - something Dave has said he would do for anyone, within reason - is quite different to the VIP treatment Spudski outlined he was going to ask for in his original post.

So, 'no freebies', no special treatment, and a completely appropriate response to visitors whose main reason for coming over was to see the ground.

I therefore feel completely vindicated in my responses above and, at the same time, am more than happy the visitors will enjoy being given a tour of the ground without getting the excessive match day attention which I feel would have been out of place.

Well done Dave.

The cappings have been a huge success. I am glad your stepson remembers it and feedback suggests that most of the kids who get a cap find it a really special experience - which is the whole idea. We will continue with the scheme this year.

I wasn't able to offer any freebies to the OP, but I have offered to give his mate and his son a tour of the ground outside of a match day. Something i would be happy to do for anybody, within reason.

can we still get nogbad to joust at half time?

A ground tour on a non match day - something Dave has said he would do for anyone, within reason - is quite different to the VIP treatment Spudski outlined he was going to ask for in his original post.

So, 'no freebies', no special treatment, and a completely appropriate response to visitors whose main reason for coming over was to see the ground.

I therefore feel completely vindicated in my responses above and, at the same time, am more than happy the visitors will enjoy being given a tour of the ground without getting the excessive match day attention which I feel would have been out of place.

Well done Dave.

I'm glad you're happy... I'll let my friends know...it will mean a lot. ;)  :P

Thanks Dave...gesture is appreciated. :)

OK, probably my last word. In a nutshell.

Tommy and the Swedes, The Willem lads who come over regularly, the bloke who's driven to every home match from Norfolk for the last 25 years etc. - YES. Roll out the Red carpet.

The Italian Millwall sympathising 'gashead' * and his son who are only interested in seeing the ground before it changes. Definitely NO.

*That's the bit that PARTICULARLY got my goat.

Then you need to find a real life beyond football - or get laid.

The Italian bloke is hardly Millwall or Gas through and through.

Otib, where a question turns into a poor testament of morales. 

can we still get nogbad to joust at half time?

The horses could have soft shoes to protect the desso pitch.

Not sure how we could limit the damage the blood and soft tissue might do. Any amateur grounds people out there have any helpful suggestions?

I`ll go first,

Can i have a tour of the `San Siro` please.

i`m busy Friday this week and next Tuesday i`m in a meeting most of the morning but i could do any other day next week within reason.

And if anyone is thinking of going on the San Siro stadium tour....don't bother... it's a pile of pants... although you do get to sit in Berlesconi's (sp) seat and see the bank of tv screens he's got in front of his seat....Weird....

Archived