IGNORED

Who Would You Need To Contact At The Club....

spudski

... Re Ball boys?

The reason I ask, is because I have a friend and his son coming to visit from Milan, Italy. They have made arrangements to fly into Heathrow, grab a rental car, and drive to Bristol solely for the purpose of watching City play Oxford in the Cup game. Neither have visited AG before.

A little background... my friend is a fan of football, and old traditional grounds and the history of Clubs and the UK in general. He comes to England a couple times a year, to take in as many games as possible and share his passion with his son.

For his sins... my mate is a Gas head ( he liked their kit :facepalm: but we all have strange reasons for following foreign clubs ) and he also follows Millwall :facepalm: .

The only reason he follows Millwall is because a couple years ago, he contacted them for some information about visiting for a game. To their credit... Millwall embraced that he was coming with his son from Italy, to watch them play. On a league match day, Millwall had him and his son on the pitch, and interviewed them about their visit and passion for football, made them both ''VIP's'' for the day, and made his son a ball boy for the game. The following week, they sent him the next game programme, that had an article about their visit to them. He was astonished at the way the club made them feel so welcome...and mentioned it would never happen in Italy.

So when he told me he was coming all the way to watch City play, before all of AG was being pulled down, it crossed my mind as to whether City would consider doing the same sort of thing for a visiting fan from Italy....

I'd love to be able to convert my Gas head fan into a proud City fan.

No harm in asking I thought... If you don't ask you don't get...so any ideas on who to contact...or not worth considering?

... Re Ball boys?

The reason I ask, is because I have a friend and his son coming to visit from Milan, Italy. They have made arrangements to fly into Heathrow, grab a rental car, and drive to Bristol solely for the purpose of watching City play Oxford in the Cup game. Neither have visited AG before.

A little background... my friend is a fan of football, and old traditional grounds and the history of Clubs and the UK in general. He comes to England a couple times a year, to take in as many games as possible and share his passion with his son.

For his sins... my mate is a Gas head ( he liked their kit :facepalm: but we all have strange reasons for following foreign clubs ) and he also follows Millwall :facepalm: .

The only reason he follows Millwall is because a couple years ago, he contacted them for some information about visiting for a game. To their credit... Millwall embraced that he was coming with his son from Italy, to watch them play. On a league match day, Millwall had him and his son on the pitch, and interviewed them about their visit and passion for football, made them both ''VIP's'' for the day, and made his son a ball boy for the game. The following week, they sent him the next game programme, that had an article about their visit to them. He was astonished at the way the club made them feel so welcome...and mentioned it would never happen in Italy.

So when he told me he was coming all the way to watch City play, before all of AG was being pulled down, it crossed my mind as to whether City would consider doing the same sort of thing for a visiting fan from Italy....

I'd love to be able to convert my Gas head fan into a proud City fan.

No harm in asking I thought... If you don't ask you don't get...so any ideas on who to contact...or not worth considering?

I'm going to go against the grain here.

Not sure why an Italian 'gashead' and his son, whose main interest is viewing the ground before it changes, should get any special VIP treatment from the club.

Plenty of exiled City fans make a big effort to regularly travel long distances to actually support the team at AG.

If anyone's going to be given recognition or VIP treatment by the club, I'd like it to be these numerous unsung diehards, not one-off football ground tourists.

Totally understand fella...

Funnily enough though, since his 'Millwall' experience, he's gone back their on numerous occasions with friends and spread the word on how well he was treated their.

His friends and their families have now visited their also.

Any different to 'spreading the love' as we are doing in Botswana?

Either way...if you don't ask...you don't get. If the Club don't reply...so be it... ;)

So he's an Italian Millwall sympathising 'gashead' with no long term interest in City at all, just in seeing the ground.

To be honest I think it's a bit of a cheek to seek any VIP treatment and hope DL politely, but very firmly, rebuffs you with the suggestion you buy tickets and you and your friends enjoy the day anonymously like everyone else.

All imho of course.

So he's an Italian Millwall sympathising 'gashead' with no long term interest in City at all, just in seeing the ground.

To be honest I think it's a bit of a cheek to seek any VIP treatment and hope DL politely, but very firmly, rebuffs you with the suggestion you buy tickets and you and your friends enjoy the day anonymously like everyone else.

All imho of course.

That's what I normally do when visiting other grounds with him and his son...I buy the tickets and we just enjoy the game and banter with the locals.

He had no 'interest' in Millwall perse until they treated him with such kindness.

No one is expecting anything...but like I said...if you don't ask you don't get.

And imho, I would love to see our friends from Sweden and Willem II and any others, treated with special kindness and introduced to the fans at half time.

And imho, I would love to see our friends from Sweden and Willem II and any others, treated with special kindness and introduced to the fans at half time.

Absolutely agree with this, these are exactly the people I had in mind, although there are many others who travel regularly from all over the country.

To reply to this addition.

Put simply, your friends don't deserve it.

Others do.

I hope the club seek out those City fans who have made great efforts to regularly travel long distances to support the club over many years, and perhaps surprise them one day with well deserved VIP treatment.

I also hope your request gets the short shrift it frankly deserves.

All, again, imho of course.

Fair enough...as for deserving it... does anyone in Botswana deserve our attention?

It's all relative. Like I said...I would love to see our foreign friends shown more gratitude by the Club...even if it's just an acknowledgement...bring em on at half time and introduce everyone to them.

It's just a kind gesture...either way you look at it...and yes...others are more deserving...but have they ever asked?

My friends aren't asking... I am... they don't know I'm asking.

I just thought it would be nice if I could show off my Clubs 'generosity' as Millwall did... it wouldn't cost them anything. I buy the tickets. As the same way Millwall and Juve didn't have to show gratitude to first time visitors.

To be honest... I hope the Club don't respond now... as I'm sure after reading this thread, people would be hostile towards them :rolleyes:

Perhaps though some good could come of this thread and any future visitors from abroad making a special trip could be treated with extra gratitude...being nice costs nothing.

Fair enough...as for deserving it... does anyone in Botswana deserve our attention?

It's all relative. Like I said...I would love to see our foreign friends shown more gratitude by the Club...even if it's just an acknowledgement...bring em on at half time and introduce everyone to them.

It's just a kind gesture...either way you look at it...and yes...others are more deserving...but have they ever asked?

I just thought it would be nice if I could show off my Clubs 'generosity' as Millwall did... it wouldn't cost them anything. I buy the tickets. As the same way Millwall and Juve didn't have to show gratitude to first time visitors.

To be honest... I hope the Club don't respond now... as I'm sure after reading this thread, people would be hostile towards them :rolleyes:

Perhaps though some good could come of this thread and any future visitors from abroad making a special trip could be treated with extra gratitude...being nice costs nothing.

I doubt they'd get anything for free tbh,

Ball boy is a job so he would have to work,

MAscot you have to pay for and provide your own kit

Corprate ticket will be a case of who you know or you could pay youself for a hospitailty package,

Unless you wangle something like friends of the chairman you will have to pay something and if you pay you and your friends will have as much right to be there as any of us

Your friends don't merit any 'gratitude' from the club.

It would be a kick in the goolies from the club to many deserving fans should these non City supporting one off visitors get any special treatment or appreciation.

I sincerely hope DaveL unceremoniously sends you packing with a flea in your ear should you in fact have the nerve to request such special treatment.

Nothing personal... and all imho, of course.

Your friends don't merit any 'gratitude' from the club.

It would be a kick in the goolies from the club to many deserving fans should these non City supporting one off visitors get any special treatment or appreciation.

I sincerely hope DaveL unceremoniously sends you packing with a flea in your ear should you in fact have the nerve to request such special treatment.

Nothing personal... and all imho, of course.

Bloody hell Nogbad!...

...not saying I don't agree with you (I do actually)...

...but did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning or what?... :-D

Bloody hell Nogbad!...

...not saying I don't agree with you (I do actually)...

...but did you get out of the wrong side of bed this morning or what?... :-D

As nothing to my reaction if DaveL. actually gives this absurd and inappropriate request from Spudski the time of day Superjack.

Hopefully he'll kick it straight into touch without a second thought, and the more I think about it, maybe not so politely.

All in City brotherly friendship, and imho.

Of course.

As nothing to my reaction if DaveL. actually gives this absurd and inappropriate request from Spudski the time of day Superjack.

Hopefully he'll kick it straight into touch without a second thought, and the more I think about it, maybe not so politely.

Of course.

Yup... wrong side of the bed... ;-)

OK, probably my last word. In a nutshell.

Tommy and the Swedes, The Willem lads who come over regularly, the bloke who's driven to every home match from Norfolk for the last 25 years etc. - YES. Roll out the Red carpet.

The Italian Millwall sympathising 'gashead' * and his son who are only interested in seeing the ground before it changes. Definitely NO.

*That's the bit that PARTICULARLY got my goat.

Of course.

Well I've heard back from the Club and unlike your own perspective, they have been very kind and generous.

A thumbs up from me... it costs nothing to be nice.

There is already a process for first time junior supporters.....introduced at half time and given a city cap.

This would surely fit the bill but to liven things up Dave could place the cap on the halfway line with young Giuseppe setting off from one goal and an angry Nogbad setting off from the other, both mounted on armoured horses brandishing long pikes.

Hell, I would skip my half time pie for that one.

I can see both sides of the argument.

But business is business. Who are the club going to invest their efforts in, diehards who will go to every game regardless or someone who may well become - albeit infrequently - a return visitor due to how well they've been treated?

It's the same reason companies offer brilliant deals on the TV and then add "not applicable to existing customers".

Archived