IGNORED

Jet Is Lazy

Bobby Reid

Didn't put in any effort today!

(Only kidding)

Seriously though, I think this will be a test of his happiness. He's good enough for the championship IMO, if not consistent enough. If he is left on the bench most away games do you think he has the type of personality to try and force a move?

I think he's happy with the area but I think he enjoys playing...

Ability wise yes he is good enough for championship but there's more to it than that. He isn't the complete package and I think that's why he's found himself in league 1 and even why he hasn't started today.

I'm sure he'll still play a key role this season as there are lots of games to play but he's certainly not guaranteed a start like last season. As someone else alluded to on another thread, it will be interesting to see how he reacts to this and if he rises to the challenge to win his place back.

He could of done more when he came on (effort wise) cue the talking rubbish replies

No , I thought he could have tried to get the ball a little more. We all know what he can do with it and the circumstances should have suited him. Hold the ball and keep it.

I think this will happen a lot when SC thinks we need to battle for points , other games when he thinks we will have more possession JET will play more.

What I don't understand is why his fitness appears to not be at the same level as most of the other players. He is probably the most naturally gifted player we have (though Freeman may prove otherwise) but for whatever reason his match condition is not as good as it ought to be.

I suppose though if he were a yard quicker and at the peak of physical condition he wouldn't be in League 1.

I've no doubt Cotts is well aware of where he's at fitness wise, and will probably do everything he can to improve it.

I must say I couldn't believe that bit when the keeper spilled it, looked for all the world like JET should have been there at the loose ball before the keeper but didn't get past walking pace.

20 seconds later we were under pressure in the opposite corner right at the death. Perhaps the TV angle didn't do justice to it but looked disinterested for a guy who had just come on the pitch.

Wilbs fully justified his selection today, needed that bit of effort and graft and he got his reward.

What was he doing when the ball was parried by the keeper and it rolled a few yards away? Just strolled towards it, allowing the keeper to run past him and get it.

He gave up on another ball shortly afterwards on the right hand side when he was odds on to win it and get a run on goal. Hard not to criticise that level of application and he had me screaming at the telly as a result. Great talent but wrong mentality

These posts are unfair. What is the bloke supposed to do with 2 minutes to play and we're holding on to a single goal lead? He managed to hold the ball pretty well and I saw him keep 2 defenders busy with the one run that he made. Everybody else was kicking the ball off the field and I don't blame them. As for when the GK spilled the ball, he had no chance. He was past the goalie and travelling in the wrong direction at the time. Get off the bloke's back. If he left, I promise you we would miss him.

What was he doing when the ball was parried by the keeper and it rolled a few yards away? Just strolled towards it, allowing the keeper to run past him and get it.

He gave up on another ball shortly afterwards on the right hand side when he was odds on to win it and get a run on goal. Hard not to criticise that level of application and he had me screaming at the telly as a result. Great talent but wrong mentality

The whole pub I was sitting in watching those 'episodes', pissed themselves laughing.

Unfortunately for all his talent, he's starting to become a laughing stock.

How can that keeper beat him to the ball? It looked comical.

I really do hope he turns it on this season...but since the end of last season I've thought he'd be a squad player this year.

No one is asking him to run all 90 mins...but he had 10 mins to come on and run his bollox off....he didn't...says a lot to me.

No mentality problem, just a misjudgement. Did fine when he came on, certainly didn't do anything wrong to justify a thread criticising him. Has a role to play this season

not bashing him, but he stopped scoring goals once cotteril came in and changed his role within the team! Not sure if he going to have the same impact!

He scored less but i think he still impacted games fairly often, even if it was just because the other team were chucking 2 or sometimes 3 players on him

His performance and attitude against oxford will say alot for his immediate chances of being one of the first names on the team sheet.

Circumstances have changed with the arrival of some real quality players whose commitment and application have already been shown.

Like wagstaff,pack, bryan, reid and burns (to a lesser extent) who featured prominently in the first team last season it is now up to him and them to show that they also want to be part of something that initially looks very exciting.

I thought bringing him on was a good shout as he slowed the game down and United lost the momentum they could have built in the final 5 minutes. But this team has too pace for his game.... watch him warming up before a match, he puts in a 3rd of the effort everyone else does. Another Andy Cole.

Well he was never going to speed it up was he ;-)

Joking aside... we've all seen JET sprint...when he does it, he's fast and can outstrip many a defender.

Yesterday, he had 10 mins to play. So his 'effort' cannot be put down to lack of fitness.

Not attempting to run fast to keep possession of the ball on two occasions is woeful. Even if it meant taking it to the corner flag to waste time.

SC should, and I hope, have given him the hair drier treatment when coming off.

Just because you have all that talent...it doesn't mean you can get away with not doing the rest of your job properly.

From what I've seen of SC so far, it doesn't seem to phase him, in doing what he wants.

Archived