IGNORED

Minimum Age Limit

Robbored

Ok. Nice one.

So instead of me starting another post and wasting everone elses time like this post, why don't we settle this particular item with setting a nickname limit?

All those called Robbered should be stopped from posting and all under 18's are welcome?

Nice one Kingswood.... All those who are under 18 and promise to stop talking in text speak :clap:

Ok. Nice one.

So instead of me starting another post and wasting everone elses time like this post, why don't we settle this particular item with setting a nickname limit?

All those called Robbered should be stopped from posting and all under 18's are welcome?

Good idea mate, whose going to make it though?

Ok. Nice one.

Kingswood Red - I'm suprised at you.You've always impressed me with your threads and seem far to insightfull to be a juvenile.

Whose side you on anyway?

Surely you agree the the Forum quality suffering in the hands of those immature juveniles?

It was just yesterday that I came on the forum and couldn't believe the amount of tripe being put on here, I did get wound up, and took out my frustration on one of the posts in the Steve and Colin section. I choose now not to read or reply to threads that don't tickle my fancy anymore from what the title says. Ive learned to calm down after having a little telling off from another forum member in the S& L section which was totally called for.

Robbored I know where your coming from, I agree with you in some aspect but if I agreed with you on all of it I too would not be allowed on the forum!

Now, the olden days with the likes of RichieB and Edson who I only remember vaguely are gone, it was up to them. All I ask is dont take this forum as serious, remember that younger inexperienced people are using the forum and try not to let it get to you.

I would like to mention again that could all please think about what they write before they write it. Needless topics don't need to be put on here just to make you a first teamer!

Thats me done

Kingswood Red - I'm suprised at you.You've always impressed me with your threads and seem far to insightfull to be a juvenile.

Whose side you on anyway?

Surely you agree the the Forum quality suffering in the hands of those immature juveniles?

1) Much as I would like to be a juvenile again, I have had that time so whether you were impressed with my posts or not, I am not, and never will be a juvenile again.

2) Sides do not come into it. Sense however, does.

3) I do agree the forum suffers from certain immature juvenile activity you are correct. I also know the forum suffers from certain posts that are both pathetic and wasteful. I will let you decide as to which ones fall into that category.

As for immatureness.......God only help us if we are all to be mature enough to be old and boring.

i really can't believe what you have posted robbored.

just because some posters post something which you dont like........ :)

also like someone said,read the title.you dont have to even click on a thread called'best city songs' or whatever.

so all under - 18's are immature are they?? :Rage:

It was just yesterday that I came on the forum and couldn't believe the amount of tripe being put on here,

Robbored I know where your coming from, I agree with you in some aspect but if I agreed with you on all of it I too would not be allowed on the forum!

Now, the olden days with the likes of RichieB and Edson who I only remember vaguely are gone, it was up to them. All I ask is dont take this forum as serious, remember that younger inexperienced people are using the forum and try not to let it get to you.

I would like to mention again that could all please think about what they write before they write it. Needless topics don't need to be put on here just to make you a first teamer!

Thats me done

At last!! some mature thoughts on the subject.

Well said LSN - and I will take your advice!

Although not agreeing entirely with what Robbered is saying, I can see where he's coming from.

I'm sure that most, if not all of these topics would have been discussed during the close season, when there was sod all else to talk about (due to lack of football during the summer).

But we are now well into the season and there should be alot more things to do with City to talk about / debate.

I can fairly well guarentee that these very same topics will be discussed again during the summer of 2004.

I think it is all boiling down to people wanting to get their ratings up through amount of post's made :Confused13:

I would much rather have the good old debates of old, but as it has already been stated, :Costumed19: THIS IS AN OPEN FORUM AND AS SUCH, PEOPLE CAN SAY WHATEVER DRIVEL THEY LIKE :)

Tomarse, make it happen! it would stop people writing drivel just for the post count BUT! how will a regular well respected postee be recognised? I suggest (and i know this is also controversial) that the ratings come back too. At least peolpe will think before they write this time. Open to debate

Tomarse, make it happen! it would stop people writing drivel just for the post count BUT! how will a regular well respected postee be recognised? I suggest (and i know this is also controversial) that the ratings come back too. At least peolpe will think before they write this time. Open to debate

To my knowledge, Ratings cant be used on this forum as i asked a friend at another board about it and he was like WHAT? THIS EXCISTS? So i think if it was about i would of seen it on a few boards

Absolutley right.

Well said. .. :Costumed19:

IMHO it's not about ratings.

There are plenty of members here that post on a regular basis, most, if not all, are worthy of a read.

Yes there are the odd few that post for postings sake, but if it is the minority, then those who claim to be the ones who want these postings stopped are more to blame for keeping them at the top of the page by replying.

Therefore those that claim to be the 'mature' ones amongst us, should let the so called 'drivel' postings slide down the page into obscurity?

What is this bum love? Why have you suddenly agreed with everything LSN posts?

hoping that aint a dig at me too? Robored may have said something the majority disagree with but saying I am involved in any tomfoolery is going a bit too far!!! :)

Well i dont contribute to this forum very often but read it most days, and would add that there are a great many young posters making sense but also there are the same amount of pathetic posts like "where u sitting saturday" for instance and to be honest these posts receive far to many replys.

It can therefore be assumed then that by the amount of answers from a large amount of posters, you like this drivell.

Tomarse, yes if you took the counters out and the grades, it would probally stop alot of the people who think standing and worth are based on the quantity of responses , rather than the quality of responses.

Just because you have 300 posts or 5 posts, it doesnt make your arguement any stronger or weaker, though some of the newer members may be intimdated , not me.

So in summary its content rather than age or post count that matters, and we should all think about that when we type a silly one word response to a pointless post.

Perhaps if we did away with the user ranks and removed people's post counts from the left hand table it might improve things... might be worth a go.

That might not be a bad idea, there seems to be certain people on here that are up in the hundreds with posts within no time with the rubbish they post. Usually replys like`Yeh I agree`. Perhaps we could have a text talk forum where these idiots could :) post all they want in text.

So in summary its content rather than age or post count that matters, and we should all think about that when we type a silly one word response to a pointless post.

thats probably why people reply to these 'drivel' topics,because they are easy and quick to reply to.

IMHO it's not about ratings.

There are plenty of members here that post on a regular basis, most, if not all, are worthy of a read.

Yes there are the odd few that post for postings sake, but if it is the minority, then those who claim to be the ones who want these postings stopped are more to blame for keeping them at the top of the page by replying.

Therefore those that claim to be the 'mature' ones amongst us, should let the so called 'drivel' postings slide down the page into obscurity?

I didnt say it was all about the ratings, just it could be an idea. I for one cant remember every post by every person, only regular posters like Dave L, Tomarse, Willsbridge etc stick to mind. For new forum members, they wont know who is who and what is what. When I first came on this forum (the old style) I used the ratings system to judge who were the most respected, EDR coming top of the pile most probably!!!

It was just a suggestion maybe you agree maybe you don't but its anyones opinion and they all coumt, whatever thier age.

Nice to see a bit of lively debate return to this forum.

Good to see.

A point worth considering , if the drivel got less, then the better posts would remain on page 1 and be responded to more, instead of being sent to pages 2, 3 or 4 within a day of going to work. I for one dont always read back that far, but have resorted to having to to get past the "Who wears the tightest jock strap" posts.

Interesting read.

Firstly, this does need discussing and this is topic which needs looking at. Though, Robbored has perhaps gone completely the wrong way about bringing it up, but as he points out, changes do need to be made none the less.

Quite simply, the growing number of under 16's has ruined this forum, nobody can really argue otherwise.

I can't remember the last time a brand new poster has come onto the board and impressed with excellent reasoned oppinions, with well written arguements backed up by sensible comments. And aslong as the 'old era' of posters being those that used to belong to the official forum (edson, redtop, richieb, teepee, robbored, bournemouth red, madger etc.) continue to slowly give up on the forum, it's quality decreases further. Perhaps many of us need to accept that this forum has been spoilt by kids over-using it.

Alot of the younger members of the forum do use the facilities excellently. You get users who hardly post anything to do with City, or their oppinions on current affairs at the club, yet they don't post on the main forum and use the other discussion boards in the manner they are there for. This is perfectly acceptable.

But there is still a growing tendancy for younger forum members to rush into things and end up over-posting. Perhaps a system which means that you cannot post within 10 days of registering might be affective, encouraging people to read before they post, to adjust to the style that should be achieved.

I partly agree the ratings system was a good way of encouraging people to think before they post, but it also caused bitchy-ness and upset between sections of the forum. On the other hand, this only makes for good reading for everyone else, does it not? Bringing the ratings system back may solve some problems, but then it may not.

But the quality has dissapeared, due to the best posters leaving, only to be replaced by a new generation of kids of whom leaves a fair bit to be desired. How many people genuinely come online after a match to expect good discussion? It doesn't really happen, does it?

At the end of the day it's only a forum and all we can do is strive to keep the quality levels up to a maximum. Maybe we all need to accept it's never going to be what it was.

edit: Can't spell for ######!

Interesting read.

Firstly, this does need discussing and this is topic which needs looking at. Though, Robbored has perhaps gone completely the wrong way about bringing it up, but as he points out, changes do need to be made none the less.

Quite simply, the growing number of under 16's has ruined this forum, nobody can really argue otherwise.

I can't remember the last time a brand new poster has come onto the board and impressed with excellent reasoned oppinions, with well written arguements backed up by sensible comments. And aslong as the 'old era' of posters being those that used to belong to the official forum (edson, redtop, richieb, teepee, robbored, bournemouth red, madger etc.) continue to slowly give up on the forum, it's quality decreases further. Perhaps many of us need to accept that this forum has been spoilt by kids over-using it.

Alot of the younger members of the forum do use the facilities excellently. You get users who hardly post anything to do with City, or their oppinions on current affairs at the club, yet they don't post on the main forum and use the other discussion boards in the manner they are there for. This is perfectly acceptable.

At the end of the day it's only a forum and all we can do is strive to keep the quality levels up to a maximum. Maybe we all need to accept it's never going to be what it was.

Top post Godzilla - just goes to show that not all under 18's are immature idiots.

If only they were all as insightfull,reasoned and articulate as you - the forum wouldn't have the problem.

Archived