IGNORED

Orient - A Proper Test

Kid in the Riot

Definitely going to be a decent tough match for the lads to get a grip on, think I'd be just about happy with a draw but reckon a win is what we should hopefully get & be aiming for nothing less, I believe they'll come expecting a tough match seeing our results & the personnel we've brought in so far so reckon they might be happy with a draw being that they're away.

Did anyone watch Liverpool or Man City at the weekend . This is very early season , where were Brentford after 13 games last year ? Miles off. Of course we look like we need to play better everyone does . We will only improve as players concentrate more and follow what they are told . A draw tonight would be ok as both sides , like Shef will be top ten seasons end.

I think most agree we are still short of depth of quality at GK and CF , the third position SC is looking for is harder to establish . I would say CB but that friends on El Abd coming through , so he is possibly looking at another midfielder/ wider player . Depends on what he thinks of Bryan and Reid ( who needs games as does Burns and should go on loan)

Points in the bag early doors takes the pressure off and builds confidence . I am quite sure SC has targeted 4 wins in 4 and then breathe and review .

Winning ugly is what you do when you are at the top end of the league . Last year we would never have beaten Colchester . You have to grind out results , all signs are the squad know that , and get it. We still have a JET who will unlock many a game to come . SC will get him going

Totally agree with what you are implying, although I'm struggling to understand how you've come to the conclusion of your last sentence.

Since SC has been here, JET hasn't performed like he did under SoD...and he showed only glimpses of brilliance under all his other managers...hence being with us in league 1. What makes you think SC will find a way now of finding consistency in JET, more so than the likes of Wenger?

Totally agree with what you are implying, although I'm struggling to understand how you've come to the conclusion of your last sentence.

Since SC has been here, JET hasn't performed like he did under SoD...and he showed only glimpses of brilliance under all his other managers...hence being with us in league 1. What makes you think SC will find a way now of finding consistency in JET, more so than the likes of Wenger?

You're right; we should just fire him.  Useless.

I think the mobility of the Centre halves either side of Flint is key - Williams has to play LCB if we go 3-5-2

If our wingbacks can push up when we're in possesion it will drive the whole game up the pitch. In their absence at the back, the defnce would need to shuffle across and cover their wide threats.

Stick with saturday's team if possible, replace Elliott with Pack again once the 3 in the middle have pushed the game up the pitch.

Cunningham has to really drive at Orient tonight, like he did on occasion last year - if players need to be rested we have like for like replacements that can play in the 3-5-2 but Cotterill could do anything with that squad and still cause much bigger threats a problem.

That's JET's problem I'm afraid. Although he has bags of talent, he has to perform no matter who the manager is.

I can well believe JET's career at City has peaked. His best days were undoubtedly under SOD. He's OOC in the summer, will we see his best again before then? Possibly, possibly not.

Ok, how about Bobby Reid; has he peaked?  Is only a year younger than JET and had (for my money) done naff all except be an academy product who's played a few okay games, so are we writing him off now?

Take Agard; being pursued by many, with big figures being talked about.  He's about a year older than JET, and before his impressive season last time out had played a lot more league football, with average returns.  Has he peaked?  Why are we bothering to follow up on him?

There are threads on here celebrating Wilbraham and Elliot (and rightly so), but in both cases they have literally a decade on JET, so all this talk of him being past it seem premature to me.

Ok, how about Bobby Reid; has he peaked? Is only a year younger than JET and had (for my money) done naff all except be an academy product who's played a few okay games, so are we writing him off now?

Take Agard; being pursued by many, with big figures being talked about. He's about a year older than JET, and before his impressive season last time out had played a lot more league football, with average returns. Has he peaked? Why are we bothering to follow up on him?

There are threads on here celebrating Wilbraham and Elliot (and rightly so), but in both cases they have literally a decade on JET, so all this talk of him being past it seem premature to me.

Top post. Jet has become the scapegoat after 3 games of the season. I don't get people, if you don't appreciate exciting players then why bother watching football at all!?

JET seems to be a real confidence player, he needs to think he's playing well and influencing the squad in order to perform.  When he does that he's Championship level at least. If Freeman is knackered or struggling then this is a good opportunity for SC to find a space for JET and give him a good number of minutes.  

JET seems to be a real confidence player, he needs to think he's playing well and influencing the squad in order to perform.  When he does that he's Championship level at least. If Freeman is knackered or struggling then this is a good opportunity for SC to find a space for JET and give him a good number of minutes.  

My thoughts exactly.

Played well in a more withdrawn role last season second half of the season; with Freeman given a free role (no pun intended), it would seem to make sense to give JET an opportunity to play 'in the hole' behind Wilbraham and Baldock, giving the opposition real problems in terms of quite how to deal with that triple threat.

I totally understand the frustration JET can elicit in folks; he doesn't run around a lot, and is style can seem lazy.  However, the thing that seems to have been widely forgotten/not mentioned is that on more than a few occasions (in fact, quite regularly) last season he was the only player creating and finishing opportunities in a side with less than limited creativity.

He's even assisted a goal already this season, with his shot against Oxford, so I don't think he deserves being branded the total write off many are saying.  Hell, if El Abd can be rehabilitated, then how on Earth is JET being thrown to the wolves?  Get behind him, like we do the whole team, and let's see if he can't contribute to helping us get out of this God-forsaken league.

We need Sam Baldock to get off the mark tonight.

Looked a bit 'hyper' at times on Saturday with several mundane passes out wide woefully misplaced. Perhaps trying too hard.

After last season I look at SB as very much a confidence player, and as much as he thrives magnificently on goals, he is clearly capable of shrivelling if games build up without them.

Come on Sam, a tap in, or one bouncing in off your backside, will do nicely.

If he gets one tonight it's odds on he'll get another.

Let's keep the atmosphere going tonight.

Despite SC's doubts about "only having three sides" I thought the noise we made against Col U was as good as anything when the Wedlock was still standing.

From Dolman Block B (where I sit) I heard the "singers" - now at the far end of the Williams, far better than I did when they were in the old East End.

Must be a bit of a shock for the regulars in the Williams - which is normally as quiet as a morgue.

Archived