IGNORED

Orient - A Proper Test

Kid in the Riot

That flak that Jay takes on here always surprises me. He's the most exciting player we've seen at Ashton Gate since Jackie. Goodness only know how much he'd have been slaughtered on here for some of his performances, or his attitude - he didn't go back into his own half as we had "other players for that" - and yet I swear to this day that our gates dropped by four digits the day he left. Entertainers are pretty rare in football (certainly at our level), enjoy them when they come along instead of spending all your time worrying about the flaws in their game. The flaws that incidentally are the only reason we get to see him at City to begin with.

I don't think any fan has written JET off. But you can't ignore the fact that he performed best under SOD in all of his career.

He has scored  a couple goals since December last year.

He hasn't really created anymore chances than other players in his position.

Yes he has flair...but for him to perform at his best, it seems other parts of the team have to weaken.

If JET 'performs' then it's ok...but if he doesn't, then what?

It's no coincidence that SC isn't starting him, and he's only on the bench.

Great natural 'flair' players are at the top, because they have all the other attributes to their game that a 'normal' player has.

'Flair' players like JET don't have those other attributes...hence being in league 1, on the subs bench for us.

Archived