IGNORED

Steve Cotterill - Has He Won You Round?

Sniper

Jury is still out for me. Don't like listening to most of his interviews.

He could win us the league this season or we could finish 10th having heavily invested in the squad. I think both are as likely as the other.

But you stay awake unlike our last manager!

I moaned for sure. My largest gripe was it seemed the board didnt go through the due diligence process, but even still i moaned about Cotts.

Hands up I was very wrong and I'm glad to admit it. Lesson learnt. Although Agard is pants and a one-season wonder blagger!

So far. You won't be saying that in January if we are 14th.

He kept us up - SOD did not look like he was capable of doing that. They got his appointment right in my book

I don't think I was disappointed with SC's appointment... More underwhelmed. I think how badly the Forest fans spoke of him probably affected my judgement as. I'll admit that at the moment it looks like I was wrong.

Now don't get me wrong, although he saved us from the drop last season, he hasn't really achieved anything yet. But I looked forward to the Sheffield United game because of his tireless work of bringing in exciting players. I'm going to the Rochdale game this weekend not because I attend every game within 2 hours of Manchester through dumb loyalty... but because I am looking forward to it!

I don't expect miracles, all I have wanted for years is to enjoy watching city play and that feeling is starting to creep back.

Same as last year, injected some much needed buzz around the club with a good run at the end of the season but his interviews are still not great.

Jury is still out for me on him but improvement on last years finishing position would be really good.

My question to the fans who are expectant of a top 6/automatic promotion position is if he fails to deliver despite the quality of players he has added, would you want him to go?

I cannot get all this about his interviews - who bloody cares. They are not important and not necessary to the job he performs; Alex Ferguson wouldn't even give any to the BBC.

Besides, just being audible he is already an improvement on his predecessor.

There's only one place he needs to be a good speaker and that is behind the scenes. From what I have seen he has motivated and galvanised the players so its insignificant if he doesn't quite do it for some fans in his interviews.

Didn't want him at all - was totally underwhelmed and definitely influenced by other teams fans' speaking badly of him.

At present, he looks a very good appointment. Strong squad, postivity and energy. Small touches too, shaking every hand of the opposition benches, refusing to comment on other teams players etc.. seems a good sport too.

I like him, glad we chose him now.

What is people's issue with his interviews out of interest?

What is people's issue with his interviews out of interest?

I can't fathom it either. However if that is all that people can hang their negative hat on he must be doing well.

1000x times over. When he came in, I honestly cringed at his comments such as calling John Pemberton ''Pembo'' in his first press conference, saying he saved Forest from being a ''sinking ship'' and just in general reminding me of David Brent/a fan who couldn't believe his luck.

Now, we play fast, attacking football the ''right way''. Our players genuinely look happy to play for us, our signings have been arugably the best any single manager has made over recent years - has he actually made signing over two transfer windows that we'll look back on and think ''**** me, he messed that one right up, what a waste of money''? Also comes across very professionally and passionate about the club.

Long may it continue. In SC I 100% trust.

Listened to him at last evening's FAN meeting, and was very impressed with his enthusiasm, energy, positivity - and honesty. Comes over as a bit full of himself - but hey! a successful team is a confident team, and if half this cockiness comes across to the team, then that's great. He stated he wanted leaders on the pitch, and players who went out not just wanting to win, but expecting to win: a big turnaround from the early part of last season!

At the end of the day, he's currently the manager of our team - so let's all get behind him!

Personally, I felt he'd perhaps been away from front-line management a touch long to be thrown in to the hot seat mid-season, especially when we were looking like facing a possible second relegation if things didn't improve dramatically.  

But then I think was perhaps I was underestimating his time spent coaching at various clubs, with it now looking like QPR are a stopping off point for a fair few folk who go on to produce very decent spells at clubs after (McLaren at Derby another example).

His good signings have looked very decent, while those which haven't hit the mark haven't impacted on the decent momentum he's built up.  He's also seemed to squeeze a fair bit out of some of those he's inherited too, which is a very good trick to be able to pull; Flint and Baldock especially look improved.

Right now, I think he's got me firmly onside, though I think the true test will be where we sit around Christmas time/after a full year, as that will be a good barometer of the progress we'll have made.  Top half, and I think he's doing a fantastic job.  Near bottom again and the jury is still out.

As long as he can match/better last season's finish, I think he's building something here and will support him.  If we were to be promoted, those who brought him in (and of course he) will deserve serious plaudits, because when he arrived we were miles off anything like that.

At the time of appointment underwhelmed though pleased to have the overpowering darkness lifted from what was before. Thought it may be the annual autumn change of manager to be honest.

Now I am glad that the season has started pretty much as it ended but with gaining momentum a good team bonding pre season and so far quality business in transfers. Easily the most optimistic since the early days of Mr Bounce

:)

Archived