IGNORED

Baldock To Blackburn Rovers ?

Major Isewater

An excellent and well-balanced summary of JET and his talent v effort conundrum, Samo.

I don't get the lazy thing either. Lazy because... he doesn't run round like a headless chicken, which normally gets us Brits up out of our seats roaring our approval. Surely that is down to his temperament, metabolism, youth, and, yes, attitude. Lazy is not bothering - look at his face after he scores goals for us or misses a chance... he's bothered alright. It just manifests itself in a different way, unlike the majority in this country.

Somewhere like Italy JET would be appreciated for his technique and vision and ball skill. Here we rather our players get stuck in and break sweat. That's fine. But there is a little room for both.

It would be sad to see him play a minor role this season given his ability and I hope he contributes much to what could be an enjoyable season...

An excellent and well-balanced summary of JET and his talent v effort conundrum, Samo.

I don't get the lazy thing either. Lazy because... he doesn't run round like a headless chicken, which normally gets us Brits up out of our seats roaring our approval. Surely that is down to his temperament, metabolism, youth, and, yes, attitude. Lazy is not bothering - look at his face after he scores goals for us or misses a chance... he's bothered alright. It just manifests itself in a different way, unlike the majority in this country.

Somewhere like Italy JET would be appreciated for his technique and vision and ball skill. Here we rather our players get stuck in and break sweat. That's fine. But there is a little room for both.

It would be sad to see him play a minor role this season given his ability and I hope he contributes much to what could be an enjoyable season...

I still think that, for me, the role Freeman has been playing (advanced third of a midfield there) would suit his ability and skills perfectly.

He's not going to fling himself into tackles (though have seen him do it) but working in tandem with Elliott and Smith, I could fully believe he have a bit more time and space to create; something he is very good at, asides from scoring goals.

Well have to see.  I for one expect him to be a squad player this season, and the one element that some have noticed and mentioned is that although Wilbraham has started in fine fettle, he's scoring the type of goals (strong headers from crosses/corners) that we simply weren't last season, while our striker supreme Sammy Baldock really hasn't had many chances of note, not an accusation you could level at him last year.

They were a tremendously effective partnership last time out, and expect we'll see it rekindled in the league at some point, or get to see JET up with Wilbraham, and once they get more than perhaps 5 minutes together, then I'll judge if he's got a role to play this year.

cant see him wanting to go up there tbh,if his family is settled,my gut feeling is that Sam is settled too. this area is much nicer than anywhere up that way that i know of near big clubs

I'm not saying there's any suggestion that Blackburn are interested, but don't let the state of a particular town fool you. It's not as though any of Blackburn's players have to live there, is it? They probably all live in sprawling barn conversions out in the beautiful Lancashire countryside, or in extortionately expensive loft apartments in Manchester city centre.

If the state of a location reflected a club's appeal to a footballer, then Middlesbrough would never sign any players, would they?

Lets be honest blackburn's a toilet and I hate to think what it was like pre Jack Walker.

Some years ago I read Derek Dougan's autobiography. His first club in England was Portsmouth. When he arrived (1960) he was told "Living next to the sea is worth an extra fiver a week in your pocket". He wrote "I didn't know what they meant; then I was transferred to Blackburn".

If anyone thinks a Premier League team (Hull) would even consider looking at Baldock they are living in cloud cuckoo land. The lad as never proved himself above league one level and has only done adequately in the Championship. Blackburn are a well respected club looking to get back to the Prem. if they sell Rhodes they will be able to attract a lot better players than Baldock.

Brighton's offers show how much they rate him, and it's a case of they would buy him for the right money but they aren't busting a gut for him.

If any Championship clubs came in for him, it would more likely be your Bournemouths, Huddersfield's and Birminghams. Middle to low end Championship clubs. Anyone looking to get to the Premier League would want a striker proven at Championship level with some Premier League experience, not a player who has made a name for himself in League One. Especially when the asking price is believed to be 2-3m. I think it's only Bristol City fans that rate Baldock as highly as they do, yes for 1-2m he would be a good signing for a League One side wanting to get to the Championship or a safe Championship side, but over time I think it will be proved for the money Agard is a better player than Baldock with a lot more potential and he has a variety of positions and is still young, yet only cost us a reported 800K, with a year left on his contract, Why does anyone think Baldock is suddenly worth 3-4 times what Agard is ! If someone offered 2m , Baldock will be sold I'm pretty sure of that.

I can see Sam running down this last year of his contract to see if we get promoted, if we do he will likely pen an new deal but if not he will leave on a free I imagine.

I can never really understand this statement ever being true in any players mindset.

IF we did end up getting promoted and Baldock scored a decent amount of goals, his stock would be so much higher, that he would have plenty of choice from established Championship clubs that we couldn't compete with.

I'm not saying there's any suggestion that Blackburn are interested, but don't let the state of a particular town fool you. It's not as though any of Blackburn's players have to live there, is it? They probably all live in sprawling barn conversions out in the beautiful Lancashire countryside, or in extortionately expensive loft apartments in Manchester city centre.

If the state of a location reflected a club's appeal to a footballer, then Middlesbrough would never sign any players, would they?

Most of Blackpools and Blackburn's players live in Lytham which is actually a very nice place.

If anyone thinks a Premier League team (Hull) would even consider looking at Baldock they are living in cloud cuckoo land. The lad as never proved himself above league one level and has only done adequately in the Championship. Blackburn are a well respected club looking to get back to the Prem. if they sell Rhodes they will be able to attract a lot better players than Baldock.

Brighton's offers show how much they rate him, and it's a case of they would buy him for the right money but they aren't busting a gut for him.

If any Championship clubs came in for him, it would more likely be your Bournemouths, Huddersfield's and Birminghams. Middle to low end Championship clubs. Anyone looking to get to the Premier League would want a striker proven at Championship level with some Premier League experience, not a player who has made a name for himself in League One. Especially when the asking price is believed to be 2-3m. I think it's only Bristol City fans that rate Baldock as highly as they do, yes for 1-2m he would be a good signing for a League One side wanting to get to the Championship or a safe Championship side, but over time I think it will be proved for the money Agard is a better player than Baldock with a lot more potential and he has a variety of positions and is still young, yet only cost us a reported 800K, with a year left on his contract, Why does anyone think Baldock is suddenly worth 3-4 times what Agard is ! If someone offered 2m , Baldock will be sold I'm pretty sure of that.

Exactly this

You are right, but this thread will go on and on until he does leave - even if that is in 5 years time.

It stems from insecurities in the posters past, typically early childhood (1-4 years). They would typically have had something they love rapidly taken away e.g. a parent / favourite toy / unintended meeting with Rolf Harris.

Something like that.

They, therfore, are worried that Sam will leave, and that will be the end of their world.

'Understand the phsyc, understand the man'.

TFR

He could be - but equally, your post was 2 minutes ago, and 2 minutes is a long time if your are a nasty, undermining football agent.

:fear:

TFR

P.S. Tick-tock.

Well 8 minutes have gone and he isn't here, my coffee is, but there is no sign of Baldock.

Cotts DEFINATELY suggested in his recent interview that there could be a twist to this saga.

On THIS basis, can someone explain why BigTone is planning a trip to Dammam to speak to Ettifaq FC?

'Apparently' they are looking for a quality marksman having recently dropped out of the Saudi Professional League last season.

Why did they go down? LACK OF GOALS, which Sammy could provide.

:yes:

What are you up to BigTone?

OTIB is waiting for your reply .................

TFR

Most of Blackpools and Blackburn's players live in Lytham which is actually a very nice place.

Ah, there you go then. Anywhere but the actual towns themselves!

I notice Baldock has yet to score this season. How's he playing? Some of our forum idiots will have a fit if we end up paying a hefty fee for a striker who hasn't scored in four or five (?) games...

Archived