IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

If he rather stay with us, why didn't he sign an extention when it would of first been presented to him? I can't believe that we never offered him a new contract during the summer or even 6 months ago.

He could of negotiated a contract with an increase in wages on promotion or a massive promotion bonus.

But he didn't, so we got a replacement in Agard and sold him.

I think most of us are p--sed off he went, and probably confused because as far as I can remember we've never got a replacement before selling, we are used to getting the money and rushing out in a panic to buy.

I will miss his commitment to us on the pitch, but hopefully Agard lives up to are expectations of him.

we don't know what goes on behind closed doors tone,

He may of told the club he didn't want to sign a new contract and wanted to leave on the quiet the club may have ageed if the price was right,

He's gone now so it doesn't matter, we've sold better players and survived

Quite why some of you can't grasp the following I never know, but here goes:

1: Baldock didn't request to leave - City sold him;

2: If it's true City were unable to match Brighton's salary offer GOOD - it shows we've financial sense at last and for those who don't read the accounts we we're burning money at a rate which would have seen us bust in 18 months or so ( read the auditors notes.)

Ponder this: when we last played Brighton in the Championship Baldock was on 50% more than any of the Brighton players. We also had 3 or 4 other players earning more than their top earner. Within football City had a reputation as being an easy touch mug outfit. If SL's done nothing other than to put a stop to that: job done.

Archived