IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Just to be clear, I'm not bothered that SB has gone, KA will be an adequate replacement for SB. It's the fact that we have failed to get a sufficient price for a player, compared to a smaller team (as always in our history) that is my issue.

Just to be clear, I'm not bothered that SB has gone, KA will be an adequate replacement for SB. It's the fact that we have failed to get a sufficient price for a player, compared to a smaller team (as always in our history) that is my issue.

It's quite simple, the difference in the length of outstanding contracts of the two players and good old supply and demand!

I'm sure that City wont give a flyin ****......but I was just about to invest in a season ticket for the 1st time in 9 years. But after another bunch of mistruths and lack of ambition,,,I'm gonna keep my money in my pocket...cause you just can't trust this club to tell the truth.........and for that matter the players. I'm old enough and dumb enough to realise that reality is that no player or club gives a used nappy about the fans, but I'm just fed up with it. Anyhow feel bit better gettin it off my chest...and sorry to bore everyone. Club captain?.who loves Bristol.?....makes you vomit?

Lucky escape for us all then!

HE WANTED TO GO, YOU CANNOT KEEP A PLAYER AGAINST HIS WILL.

The club held on for a realistic price, got in a great replacement too; in other words did they best they could.

Stay away if thats how you feel; we've done some great business this summer and it may not be over yet.

If you did come back you sound like the kind of guy who would be on the teams back within 45 mins, so probably best you watch/listen from the comfort of your armchair.

Lucky escape for us all then!

HE WANTED TO GO, YOU CANNOT KEEP A PLAYER AGAINST HIS WILL.

The club held on for a realistic price, got in a great replacement too; in other words did they best they could.

Stay away if thats how you feel; we've done some great business this summer and it may not be over yet.

If you did come back you sound like the kind of guy who would be on the teams back within 45 mins, so probably best you watch/listen from the comfort of your armchair.

Exactly this. Not sure why people fail to understand! You can also add he was never going to sign a new contract either.

I'm still waiting to hear how some know the smaller details of this deal when, to my knowledge, they haven't even been released. All that has been made public is that we made a profit isn't it?

Does it really matter? It's not our money. The Board are happy with the deal that's all that matters. Move on.

Fast forward 12 months....we let Sam go for nothing because his contract has expired. After the Maynard transfer a couple of years ago everyone would be on here demanding to know why we didn't sell earlier and get a fee...

With some people the club are ******* if they do and ******* if they don't. BCFC have not lied about this situation, no one has said he was definitely staying to my knowledge.

I think it's a good bit of sensible business by BCFC, getting a profit for a player who wasn't going to sign a new contract. The thing that's really impressed me is that we have already signed a quality replacement. At this stage, there's nothing to suggest that Agard is suddenly going to lose his obvious ability in front of goal. Combined with the other players we've brought in, especially Freeman, I still think we are much stronger right now than we were last season.

The transfer window hasn't even closed yet.

I am sure. What some seem to be assuming is that at the end of the day the club has as simple a choice as to sell or no to sell. At 25 a key player is offered a four year championship deal. I am disappointed, but if a player wants to go, then what does a club do? How about hold out for as long as possible, fish a little to see if anyone else is interested, make out you do not have to sell, get a replacement in early, get the price up to what you think is fair, then shake his hand and wish him well?

This is a dangerously logical and intelligent post ,are you sure you're in the right forum ? This is OTIB !

Why the frig should we move on..........we pay their wages....I'm frigging fed up with movin on, I'm staying exactly where I want to be. Really peed off with money grabbing dilsoyal footballers who keep ending up at my club. Move On?......No thanks

I sincerely hope you have never changed jobs of your own accord!

After all that would be extremely disloyal, money grabbing and ungrateful after your employer had been so kind as to pay your wages!

Does it really matter? It's not our money. The Board are happy with the deal that's all that matters. Move on.

Not to me super no, but to CTRed it seems to. Personally I think we made the right decision and whilst I was pleased Baldock was a city player, I understand his desire to play at a higher level, wish him well and fully believe he can be replaced.

Blimey, can't believe this thread still going?

City had to cash in, no point in keeping a player who clearly wanted to be somewhere else and who wouldn't sign a new deal, and who would have walked for nothing at the end of the season anyway.

Throwing money at any football club who is not one of the top 5 clubs in the country would be utter insanity.

It is good to see Bristol City keeping their finances in check, especially when you see how other clubs have been ruined, and without SL putting his hand in his own pocket and writing off the debt we would be knocking on the door of the Vanarama with the horse punchers.

Times have changed though, and having read a earlier comment about Bristol City always being a selling club is not true. Reading Peter Cormacks autobiography Dave Sexton put a bid in for Kevin Mabbutt following his hat-trick against Man Utd in 1978, but Mabbutt turned the offer down as he was on more money at Bristol City........and looked what happened to Bristol Cirty just 4 years later........food for thought.

Surely were going to need another striker now though aren't we?

What if Agard gets injured? I cant see Wilbraham continuing his scoring form and Cotts clearly has an issue with JET.

Not only that but both those two aint really finishers are they? We have left ourselves with just a few days to bring somebody in. I cant believe that we are happy with 3 strikers.

Surely were going to need another striker now though aren't we?

What if Agard gets injured? I cant see Wilbraham continuing his scoring form and Cotts clearly has an issue with JET.

Not only that but both those two aint really finishers are they? We have left ourselves with just a few days to bring somebody in. I cant believe that we are happy with 3 strikers.

That's why Mayanrd is signing. Please keep up.

Archived