IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

But come on aren't just a little bit fed up with this?............Captain?, loves Bristol?,  family settled?, just restored partnership with Wilbraham? Gives us Three quality strikers to rotate that all promotion sides need?, club states "Not for Sale"? Three weeks into season?..........Not just a Little bit?

Top man , they think were all muppets .

Right I've been working all evening and bloody missed out on all the goings on....although I was critical of SB during the SOD reign, I am gutted to see him go. Huge blow and it sounds like a pretty disappointing fee as well. Good luck to Sam though and I hope he does the business for them. Always a fantastic pro and we will miss him. Be interesting to see what happens with JET now.

It has to be said though there were some very gullible people on here....all because Sam said 'he was going nowhere' :)

Right I've been working all evening and bloody missed out on all the goings on....although I was critical of SB during the SOD reign, I am gutted to see him go. Huge blow and it sounds like a pretty disappointing fee as well. Good luck to Sam though and I hope he does the business for them. Always a fantastic pro and we will miss him. Be interesting to see what happens with JET now.

It has to be said though there were some very gullible people on here....all because Sam said 'he was going nowhere' :)

As usual! Every other club demands huge fees or the player stays, we barely recover our outlay after he had the best season of his career.

Reword this sentence..

Grip..A..get..

What does Baldock owe us? He lives nowhere near Bristol, has no personal ties to the club, he's came here, done well, got a move to a bigger club and life goes on.. what's with the all the outrage??

Sorry .......as a supporter of over 30 years....who was actually at Coventry for the 2-2 draw and Bradford City on a Tuesday to see us get into the League Cup QFs........I'm not outraged, just really fed up.  Whats the point of having a chairman who is practically a billionaire...if we cant hang on to last seasons golden boot winner.......who we have given away to that massive godzilla of a club?...........Brighton

But come on aren't just a little bit fed up with this?............Captain?, loves Bristol?,  family settled?, just restored partnership with Wilbraham? Gives us Three quality strikers to rotate that all promotion sides need?, club states "Not for Sale"? Three weeks into season?..........Not just a Little bit?

O for sure. Was pretty certain we were going to lose one of JET or Sammy over the summer, and it was just getting to the stage I was actually thinking they might stay.

He is a good honest pro who has done a good honest job for us. Really disappointed he has gone. Next please.

No it's a step down for him.. they only get 30k crowd every home game

But we're Bristol City, and everyone else is shit and why would anyone want to leave us, because we're awesome?! :facepalm:

Why would you want to play for the best supported side in a higher division when you can stay here and get slagged off by 10,000 Mourinho's for not scoring 3 times a game....

Lots of people need to breath. We have lost much better players than Baldock in the past. If he doesn't want to be here then it's best for all concerned. And I don't blame him for one second. Baldock has done nothing wrong here.

We are a selling club but then again EVERY club is a selling club. Even the teams at the top of the Premiership.

I was one who believed that he wouldn't go, I really believed he was going to stay but here's the thing right now which set of supporters should thinking about which club is the more ambitious?

A club that have been close to promotion to the prem for several years and still hold these aspirations and who despite having loads of money from the transfer of 2 players have signed a guy for a paltry amount in modern day terms, who can score goals in league one but is still not properly proven at the level he is going to be playing at or a league one club who has signed a guy from a championship club who can score goals at the level he is going to be playing at?

No, Loco. Agard is Baldock's replacement seemed to be the vibe.

That's not to say Cotterill and Burt aren't working on something as we speak.

And in an alternative universe, Master Landsown jnr is working his way through that Xcel spreadsheet of his... (stifles laughter)

By Xcel speadsheet, you mean FM2014 database right? :-)

The Golden Boot love-in looks pretty ridiculous as well.

No it doesn't. People could have the decency to respect his move and what he's done for us, as he evidently respects what the club has done for him. There's a reason most players don't have departing interviews on the OS. 

But we're Bristol City, and everyone else is shit and why would anyone want to leave us, because we're awesome?! :facepalm:

Why would you want to play for the best supported side in a higher division when you can stay here and get slagged off by 10,000 Mourinho's!

I honestly cannot believe some of the comments on here.. Brighton are a great club and will definitely be in and around the play offs this season. They have a state of the art stadium, filling it every single week, they have international players, a manager who managed one of the biggest clubs in Europe just last season and some of our fans think it's a step down?!

As usual! Every other club demands huge fees or the player stays, we barely recover our outlay after he had the best season of his career.

Basically it seems like we have spent what we got for Baldock on Agard. He was the leagues too scorer and was hardly kicking and screaming to leave. Can't believe we didn't hold out for more.

As i said, new stadium, crest of a wave. Brighton aint no bigger than us in reality but hey ho..

Well they've been higher placed than us for the last three seasons and managed two playoff finishes in the last two seasons, so not sure what straws you're clutching at to suggest that we are a more attractive proposition at this point in time. Delusions of grandeur much?

Not out of the question!

The beauty of this is no fee so the Baldock money stays available so SL might say why not if SC can work the same magic he has five times in close season (Agard to us and not Leeds, some would have said laughable)...Its a sweet deal if it can be done!

Well not quite because we got Baldock off the back of writing off a debt on Maynard, so the Baldock money would go towards bringing Maynard back in because it would be the money we should have had for letting Maynard go in the first place. Net effect is we keep Maynard but made a few quid letting him go for the lull in his career and taking Baldock in the interim, I think. :)

Sorry .......as a supporter of over 30 years....who was actually at Coventry for the 2-2 draw and Bradford City on a Tuesday to see us get into the League Cup QFs........I'm not outraged, just really fed up.  Whats the point of having a chairman who is practically a billionaire...if we cant hang on to last seasons golden boot winner.......who we have given away to that massive godzilla of a club?...........Brighton

30 years and you're the one one we should listen to? Get over youself - he's gone..... onwards up upwards. GBoot winner - so what, they all leave eventually..... Look at A Shearer, T Henry, M Owen and about 100 more. Brighton - in a far better sit than us!!

Archived