IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

This is exactly what Rotherham fans say about Agard that he too works really hard. Clearly Sam wanted to go and the club did well to get Agard in and tied down for 3 years.

Exactly.

And for half the price and on less wages.

For once we've got all our ducks in a row.

Roll on Saturday, a good result and a goal for Agard.

Not sure what the club could have done. He was never going to sign a contract and wants to play at a higher level. City feel they have got a decent price and we now move on. It's not the bloody end of the world.

I bet we don't. Very poor timing and once again the fans have been lied to.

Since when have we been lied to? SC has said all summer that he would do all he could to keep Sam here, but there is a price for anyone, admittedly if this price is what some have divulged then it's a poor price to let him go for. But my point still stands...when have we been lied to? 

So , with season ticket sales closed, and hour after we sell our best player. We signed last week the required "4 th striker" but now with 3 days of the window left are back to 3. One of whom has never played, one clearly does not figure in any plans, and the other, fantastic start, but is never going to last a season. Are we serious about promotion ? For a fee that seems more likely closer to a million than 2, why ? Shows Sam clearly did not believe we were going anywhere fast, and after such a big push to try and get some positive feeling and impetus behind the club, we do our usual cluster f.... and get it all wrong. What is the point of a new ground if we are in L1, and yes, I know Agard scored goals last year, but he is not Sam (if he was he would still be in the league above) and is a huge gamble. 

They had better have some magic up their sleeves tomorrow, because this is a farce, poor decision, poor timing, and poor fee. 

We need a first choice keeper and Nosworthy. What exactly has Baldock done this season?

I assume the doubters, who haven't been accepting to those who pre-announced this deal will be apologising shortly.

Some of us could have broken this news earlier, but seeing how other posters who have good information have been bullied away from this forum, it didn't seem worth it. Source? Previously dismissed poster.

Three cheers for Harry.

I am genuinely gutted and surprised about this. I don't blame Sam for the move, but I really do think this could backfire. I think that if we were serious about promotion, you would want to keep your best players. Really am gutted about it.  

Good luck Sam. I haven't been this gutted about a player leaving since Darren Barnard.

It is disappointing, as I was starting to hope he really was staying.

But it really is the lot of a Div 1 side. Somebody does wellthey move on. A four year Championship deal, difficult to say no.

Wish him well, did his best. Turn page, step up new heroes.

Since when have we been lied to? SC has said all summer that he would do all he could to keep Sam here, but there is a price for anyone, admittedly if this price is what some have divulged then it's a poor price to let him go for. But my point still stands...when have we been lied to? 

We all knew it was inevitable, but the club kept saying how we had no need to sale and even upon Agard's signing last week Cotterill was saying how he hasn't been signed to replace Sam. Well, if that's the case I hope we are planning on bringing in another striker and will also be reinvesting a fair amount of the fee we've got for him. We're now relying on a 34 year old, a player that has only had one good season and hasn't even played with his new team mates yet, and a very talented player who managed 20 goals & 15 assists last season yet seems to have isolated out of the first team by Cotterill.

Also doubt it's a coincidence that it was ST deadline day today.

We all knew it was inevitable, but the club kept saying how we had no need to sale and even upon Agard's signing last week Cotterill was saying how he hasn't been signed to replace Sam. Well, if that's the case I hope we are planning on bringing in another striker and will also be reinvesting a fair amount of the fee we've got for him. We're now relying on a 34 year old, a player that has only had one good season and hasn't even played with his new team mates yet, and a very talented player who managed 20 goals & 15 assists last season that seems to have isolated out of the first team by Cotterill.

Baldock has only had one good season and we aren't actually going to say we are looking to sell one of our prized assists as it just lowers the price

I bet we don't. Very poor timing and once again the fans have been lied to.

Don't be so naive and dense. Cotterill said every player has his price, we rejected six bids. Baldock said he was happy, if he wasn't one of those six would have been accepted. Remember he was the one who told Cotterill about the interest?

He'd have to be nuts not to leave for a team with aspirations of Premier League football, not too much upheaval to move down to Brighton either. By no means assured we will mount a promotion push. He gave us 26 goals last season. Let him go.

Baldock has scored 0 goals this season, not his fault, down to the lack of creativity in our side, aggard is supposed to be a very similar player to sam, what's the prospects of him doing a awful lot better ?

I think Agard, if played right up top is more of a penalty box striker, does less running of the channels, he might find himself in more useful positions?  Dunno, not having watched Rotherham, but that is what his goals montage suggests

I think Agard, if played right up top is more of a penalty box striker, does less running of the channels, he might find himself in more useful positions? Dunno, not having watched Rotherham, but that is what his goals montage suggests

May mate who watches Rotherham said he looks like he does nothing but just had a knack of brig in the right place,

I thought of goater when he said that

We need to give him 5 or 6 games to bed

Would rather have kept him but I did feel it was pretty inevitable he would go after the Agard signing. Sam saying he is was happy was fair enough - he probably was happy but the move to Brighton clearly appealed more and who can blame him?

How anyone can say the club has lied about it...

'Anybody that's come in for Sam is nowhere near [the valuation] but I've got a sneaky feeling there's going to be a twist in this tale. I still think there might be someone else who's interested.

"I'd love for the transfer window to shut and for us to still have Sam. I can't promise that but all I can promise is if Sam ends up going somewhere, which we don't want to happen, it will be for a fee that measures up to his ability."

May mate who watches Rotherham said he looks like he does nothing but just had a knack of brig in the right place,

I thought of goater when he said that

We need to give him 5 or 6 games to bed

Someone I know says the same thing, but others here have said he is a hard worker, I don't know what to believe,, I have heard he is a bit lazy who loiters around goal.

Goater was a unique talent, on the face of it,he could look woeful, and many goals came from shanks off the knee or shin, but he had the knack of being in the right place and made his own luck.  My old man used to say he was awful, and would never amount to anything once he left us. But had to admit in the end, he got himself in the right positions, and had what every good striker needed, a big slice of luck.  To sum him up, awful technique, brilliant positioning

Don't be so naive and dense. Cotterill said every player has his price, we rejected six bids. Baldock said he was happy, if he wasn't one of those six would have been accepted. Remember he was the one who told Cotterill about the interest?

He'd have to be nuts not to leave for a team with aspirations of Premier League football, not too much upheaval to move down to Brighton either. By no means assured we will mount a promotion push. He gave us 26 goals last season. Let him go.

Same could be said of you mate, come on, its also possible we could be playing Brighton next season.........Maynard went for the bright lights of the prem..now seems hes likely to be playing in our div :facepalm: grass aint always greener

Baldock is a good league 1 striker.

Too lightweight to be a regular at Championship level! Not to mention average finisher!

Overatted by some on here.

It might seem as if I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I've never truly clicked or rated Baldock if I'm honest...

Yes he won top scorer last season with penalties and tap ins; but he doesn't half miss a truckload, seems woeful at one on ones and I wouldn't say he is strong, quick or deadly.

Not sure what his top quality is. A good league one striker I guess! That miss against Watford lives long in the memory... He wasn't good enough for the championship in my opinion either.

I'm interested to see how he does in the championship - especially on a four year deal.

Same could be said of you mate, come on, its also possible we could be playing Brighton next season.........Maynard went for the bright lights of the prem..now seems hes likely to be playing in our div :facepalm: grass aint always greener

Yes moving to a team tipped for a Championship play-off charge is naive. Course it is.

The rumour today is Maynard on a one year loan with Cardiff paying a very good portion of his wage!

This may be popular in some areas but in others not so much. Either way I wont take the abuse personally!

From my perspective this could be the best bit of business since we signed Paul Cheesley for 30k. Maynard and Agard upfront is some prospect

Anyway it seems there will be some business done over the next few days, so the' 'I bought my season ticketers' may just want to hold off until Monday, where upon if nothing has been added I will have some sympathy....Until then watch this space!

BTW Maynards Wikipedia says he signed for us today!!! Although WE ALL KNOW that means nothing!

Archived