IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

So there could be some truth in the dragged out Jordi Hiwula story ;)

There is no chance we would appeal to Jordi Hiwula, he laughed off a move on loan to Crewe, so he's hardly gonna come here. He's tipped to be the next big Star at Man City and will probably get game time there this season at some point. Signing a player like Jordi Hiwula would be better than signing Agard and Freeman together but it's the stuff of Fantasy Football or Football Manager he is out of our league.

Fair Play to Da Farms, he was right and quite a few doubted his words

A lad who is very much in the know and huge City fans

Yes, humble pie from me, OP was spot on, let's hope he tells us some good news soon!

That's a good shout. Zamora? Has he got a squad number? Remy and Austin are certainly ahead of him.

Had thought perhaps it would be their youth teams Cotts might have a scope of, but if we could get someone of Zamora's calibre, I imagine we'd snap their arm off.

But that said; think he only signed a new deal this summer after his goal won them promotion, so unless that was a sentimental action, he'll likely have a role.  Plus, would say a fair few Championship teams might want him, if available (plus, imagine costs a fortune in wages).

However, even at 33 and with his injury record, would chew up plenty of defences at this level.

Been looking at this thread on and off all day, and I knew if would end badly.

Dafarms isn't the sort of poster to make a statement like that on the fly, and the way Baldocks been playing so far you could tell something wasn't quite right.

Sad to see him go, but that's Football I'm afraid.

Another permanent striker and a keeper needed ASAP.

There is no chance we would appeal to Jordi Hiwula, he laughed off a move on loan to Crewe, so he's hardly gonna come here. He's tipped to be the next big Star at Man City and will probably get game time there this season at some point. Signing a player like Jordi Hiwula would be better than signing Agard and Freeman together but it's the stuff of Fantasy Football or Football Manager he is out of our league.

With respect, that's Crewe. We're a much more attractive option id like to think.

Interesting no quotes from Sam on the City article, no quotes from Sam on the Brighton article. I think this was a decision from upstairs i,e Mr Lansdown rather than Baldock. I reckon it was along the lines of I'll sanction the purchase of Agard if we agree to take a sensible offer for Baldock.

The Brighton fan above says he heard several weeks ago that SB was keen to talk to Brighton when he was made aware of the bids.

Not SL orchestrated then, Baldock wanted to go from early on.

Another BCFC cop out. You do not sell your best player/goal scorer and think you are going for promotion. All this "we need 4 strikers rubbish" was all BS yet again. Not 3 days before window shuts either. I find BCFC a continuation of contradictions, flatter to deceive, one step forward 2 back. You do not try and build up confidence, enthusiasm and drive to then sit it back on its arse. Wrong timing, wrong decision. 

On the flip side we made a profit on a player who had a good 6 months and has never performed above league 1

That's another player who said he's happy in Bristol, now gone.. hate players who say they are committed to the club and just bail on us.

95%+ of footballers (easily) are not loyal, but what do you expect them to say. It's tosh and there are more than plenty who believe what is said to the press.

His departure sets up a busy final week of the transfer window.

Always thought it likely that one of Sam Baldock and Jay Emmanuel-Thomas would depart - just hoped, for the betterment of the team and the wider picture, it would be the latter.

Either way, that Baldock leaves us with our best wishes tells you all you need to know about his work ethic and quality whilst with us.

Could be two/both. Lets see  :shifty:

I'd be surprised if we didn't have a replacement of some sort, or a transfer plan which will go ahead if we sell SB..

• We now need to bring in a striker.. but no clubs sell their strikers with a week to go before the window..

:facepalm:  You clearly need to come to terms with football.

I'm pretty confident we'll see at least another striker come in, doubt Burns will complement Wilbraham and Agard sufficiently. Freeman might, but not an out-and-out striker.

As mentioned, don't hold your breath on JET staying. He has a big season ahead and needs games to get himself a club in an 'above standard' by next season when his contract is up.

If he does stay, then lets hope he takes him chance and pushes on for a 2nd great season with us. If his game time is limited, he won't be here for the complete season.

I haven't felt gutted about a player leaving for a while. Maybe Albert comes closest to how I felt when he left, but we had just been relegated and he was better than League One. But like Albert we couldn't stand in his way, sad he didn't have the patience to try for promotion this year though. Baldock took a long time to win me over, I didn't like how he played in his early time with us, played one game and out injured or the next 6. I didn't think he had it in him. Now I'm upset to see him go.

I am disappointed, and frustrated from a Bristol City point of view. Just when we get the pieces of the puzzle in place the board gets tipped up. I thought we needed another striker before, now we need 2. Jet is well Jet, and Wilbraham is only here or a season. Yup, I'm well hacked off at the moment. Bloody football.

Edit: I haven't read all this thread, so sorry if this has been mentioned...but it's the flipping curse of the golden boot trophy again for sure. The next damn player just ain't getting one!!!

Archived