IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Thought the source was wrong and you were all right?

As I said, another striker now needed. And fast.

Yup.

Got something like five days to replace him, or if Agard is the direct replacement, augment our front line options.

He a loss, no denying that, but goes with my best wishes; was a good pro, and his goals played a massive role in keeping us from being down-and-out last year.  Brighton makes sense for him, and hope he does well for them.  Here's to Agard, JET, Wilbraham and any new bods seeing this as a chance to step up.

Yup.

Got something like five days to replace him, or if Agard is the direct replacement, augment our front line options.

He a loss, no denying that, but goes with my best wishes; was a good pro, and his goals played a massive role in keeping us from being down-and-out last year.  Brighton makes sense for him, and hope he does well for them.  Here's to Agard, JET, Wilbraham and any new bods seeing this as a chance to step up.

Got more than that. Agard is tied down, loan market opens on September 8. Wouldn't be surprised if our new 'fourth striker' isn't a permanent deal.

That's another player who said he's happy in Bristol, now gone.. hate players who say they are committed to the club and just bail on us.

Saying you're happy though isn't a commitment, it's just saying it how it is? I'm sure he genuinely was quite happy and would have carried on with no issues whatsoever if there hadn't been any interest in him.

For what it's worth, I was told several weeks ago that he was keen to speak to the Albion once he was made aware of the bids, but that's not a reflection on City, is it? It's just a footballer looking to make the most of his short career. They have to think short term as their footballing life is only, what, 20 years. Same as Leo Ulloa was with us when he went to Leicester. No suggestion that he wasn't happy, simply a chance to instantly move up a league. I couldn't blame him for that.

I don't think the lad's been disloyal to City at all, from what I can gather, he's behaved perfectly since all this first started.

Good luck Sam.

Always gave 100% and got his fair share of goals, no animosity from me.

Agard was always likely to be his replacement (Credit to the club for being prepared for a change) but I do expect us to sign some cover before the window shuts.

Interesting no quotes from Sam on the City article, no quotes from Sam on the Brighton article. I think this was a decision from upstairs i,e Mr Lansdown rather than Baldock. I reckon it was along the lines of I'll sanction the purchase of Agard if we agree to take a sensible offer for Baldock.

Young lad at Hartlepool, James, on transter list and must be worth a gamble as back up for Agard.Peterboro were sniffing around last week and we all know there record when it comes to signing strikers from lower league teams.

Would love it, and be impressed if we went for James; lad has a bright future.

This is the cue for JET to step up and win the fans back over. I have every faith in JET, he's proved enough to me, I know he has the ability, and he will come good.

The only thing is, all this seasons plans were based around Baldock, the signing of Wilbraham etc etc, he just seems so irreplaceable at this level.

People will immediately look to Agard as Baldock's replacement, but agree here; would love to see JET start with Wilbraham Sunday to see what he can do next to a true targetman.

Not as if we can't take him off if needed for another decent striker either now.

Will be interesting to see who doesn't make the Prem squads this year, and imagine anyone at QPR could be an option, thanks to Cotts links.

That's a good shout. Zamora? Has he got a squad number? Remy and Austin are certainly ahead of him.

Archived