IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

This transfer was always going to happen, if not now then in January, and had been planned for. I just hope that JET hasn't been driven out by our manager's evident attitude towards him. Though not as prolific as Baldock, he had the knack last year of scoring goals when they really mattered. His treatment this year has been insulting to him.

I think most of the abuse he got was on here, lots of people moaning about his one on one miss ratio, rather than noticing he was up the top of the charts for most of the season.

That's hardly abuse is it.

We certainly shared his frustration at all the misses, particularly the 3 in the first half against MKDons, but it was SB who booted down the Wedlock hoarding and made the biggest fuss, not the fans.

He was extremely fairly treated by the vast majority of fans, both here, and at The Gate.

Just can't believe my eyes seeing the picture of baldock holding up a Brighton shirt..... I feel lost. The team will take a big hit up front now as we no longer have a 90minute willing runner. All the qualities he brought are rare to find in a striker and we've just lost that. Talk about ending the day on a downer....

This is exactly what Rotherham fans say about Agard that he too works really hard. Clearly Sam wanted to go and the club did well to get Agard in and tied down for 3 years.

To be honest, I've no idea if he's even on our forum. He just seems to go round registering on other teams' usually when we're about to play them (or, more likely, when we've just beaten them) so he can gloat.

Certainly the name doesn't crop up on North Stand Chat.

He doesn't also use the name of "Robin Friday's Ghost" as well, by any chance ?

(Another child, by the way).

:thumbsup:

That's hardly abuse is it.

We certainly shared his frustration at all the misses, particularly the 3 in the first half against MKDons, but it was SB who booted down the Wedlock hoarding and made the biggest fuss, not the fans.

He was extremely fairly treated by the vast majority of fans, both here, and at The Gate.

exactly

Just a few short sighted people on here

Glad we've got a fee. Shame the lads gone but we need the cash and avoid another Maynard scenario.

It 's possible that Steve Lansdown is getting a bit more financially savvy from a football perspective. One player out who had only one year left on his contract. Replaced by a similar player on a 3 year contract.

Sam should have scored more last year (and the year before), he also took pens which bolstered his total, I don't think he will hack it in the Championship, it takes more than just pace.

I think Agard looks a more natural finisher.

Unless we get someone else in then only time will tell.

Pace? Well he doesnt have that either! Never seen him run away from anyone, hes just an average pace, nothing scary for defenders.

Rotherham?

I think we got to be a bit careful here. It does now look like Agard is Baldocks replacement as it was almost too good, too much to hope, that we would have them both. But what if Agard takes a while to settle? We got to give him a chance and not immediately write him off. We were happy with him before today remember, let's not give him any less support just because Baldock has left as its hardly his fault is it.

This transfer was always going to happen, if not now then in January, and had been planned for. I just hope that JET hasn't been driven out by our manager's evident attitude towards him. Though not as prolific as Baldock, he had the knack last year of scoring goals when they really mattered. His treatment this year has been insulting to him.

It's quite possible that SC may have had a word with JET that Sammy had to be put in the shop window, given the situation with Brighton's interest, and that he would be back in the reckoning once he was gone.

It's quite possible that SC may have had a word with JET that Sammy had to be put in the shop window, given the situation with Brighton's interest, and that he would be back in the reckoning once he was gone.

Not considered that; will be interesting to see JET's involvement from here on in.

All seats sold .. and then we sell our star player ..not happy with that. And now that'll bring a lot of pressure on Agard's shoulders to fill Sam's boots

I just hope the deal we offered to Sam to extend his stay with us was a very competitive one and the reasons for leaving are primarily for the immediate opportunity of Championship football

..again .. not happy with this at all

I'm not so sure, You only have to notice the lack of goals and assists from JET since Cotterill arrived, we have a too structured formation now, JET needs to be given freedom to produce the goods, once pushed into one position, you take something away from him.  Personally I think Cotterill Knows that, JET knows that and he will be used sparingly, mainly from the bench.

All seats sold .. and then we sell our star player ..not happy with that. And now that'll bring a lot of pressure on Agard's shoulders to fill Sam's boots

I just hope the deal we offered to Sam to extend his stay with us was a very competitive one and the reasons for leaving are primarily for the immediate opportunity of Championship football

..again .. not happy with this at all

You are surprised? we do this sort of thing every year.

I assume the doubters, who haven't been accepting to those who pre-announced this deal will be apologising shortly.

Some of us could have broken this news earlier, but seeing how other posters who have good information have been bullied away from this forum, it didn't seem worth it. Source? Previously dismissed poster.

I assume the doubters, who haven't been accepting to those who pre-announced this deal will be apologising shortly.

Some of us could have broken this news earlier, but seeing how other posters who have good information have been bullied away from this forum, it didn't seem worth it. Source? Previously dismissed poster.

not sure why people bother posting this kind of info, people always scream for a source then deride when one is not given. About time those in the know realised this and kept their thoughts to themselves.

then there would be non of the petty derision, and follow ups like this.

This isn't a point scoring forum, unless warning points count for something.

Archived