IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

The rumour today is Maynard on a one year loan with Cardiff paying a very good portion of his wage!

This may be popular in some areas but in others not so much. Either way I wont take the abuse personally!

From my perspective this could be the best bit of business since we signed Paul Cheesley for 30k. Maynard and Agard upfront is some prospect

Anyway it seems there will be some business done over the next few days, so the' 'I bought my season ticketers' may just want to hold off until Monday, where upon if nothing has been added I will have some sympathy....Until then watch this space!

So this rumour has legs?

It might seem as if I'm jumping on the bandwagon, but I've never truly clicked or rated Baldock if I'm honest...

Yes he won top scorer last season with penalties and tap ins; but he doesn't half miss a truckload and I wouldn't say he is strong, quick or deadly.

Not sure what his top quality is. A good league one striker I guess! That miss against Watford lives long in the memory... He wasn't good enough for the championship in my opinion either.

You are not wrong, I couldn't really tell you what kind of striker he is,he is certainly a runner of channels, but he had a bit of everything, but not brilliant at any one thing.

I liked him, hard working scorer of goals, I would never say he was a per se goal machine, Will be interesting to see how he performs,as by a long shot, his goals scoring last season was heads and shoulders above his exploits in past seasons.

They have got them self a good team player there who will guarantee them goals, but not necessarily in the quantity they may want.

Good luck to him, I think he deserves what he can get out of the game, he comes across as one of the good guys

People must just get desperate with age. Ooooh I must play in the championship, after all it's the division directly above my current one. Brighton? Yeah why not.

My 8 year old is gutted, can't say I am. I'll never be able to prove it but I doubt this will impact our final position.

People must just get desperate with age. Ooooh I must play in the championship, after all it's the division directly above my current one. Brighton? Yeah why not.

My 8 year old is gutted, can't say I am. I'll never be able to prove it but I doubt this will impact our final position.

How about "I can go to a club which got two games from the Premier League twice in a row, or I can stay at a club which might never get there?"  :facepalm:  

As it stands with sammy gone, we won't even make the play-offs....

Don't be silly, we had the same issue with Akinbiyi the year we were in the Championship with Fat Benny, he was lauded for the 14 or so goals he scored in a relegated side, anyone who watched City that year would know that if he had put away more of the huge amount of chances that were created for him we would probably have stayed up.

We still have goals all over the squad. We'll be fine.

So this rumour has legs?

Not out of the question!

Its clear we need two players and as long as SL is not so hacked off with NM that he wont sanction the deal or NM really doesn't want to chance the reaction he'll get its certainly worth a couple more conversations, if Maynard is being frozen out at Crapdiff!

The beauty of this is no fee so the Baldock money stays available so SL might say why not if SC can work the same magic he has five times in close season (Agard to us and not Leeds, some would have said laughable)...Its a sweet deal if it can be done!

How about "I can go to a club which got two games from the Premier League twice in a row, or I can stay at a club which might never get there?"  :facepalm:  

On a very nice contract that will set him up for life ,no loyalty.

Baldock's gonna see this guy

:xmas: every day for the rest of his life.

Good for him ,no one is bigger than our club and there will always be someone to step into his shoes.

I bet we don't. Very poor timing and once again the fans have been lied to.

Relax, its been on the cards for ages so shouldn't have come as a surprise. All this talk of being lied to and Sammy saying he's happy here means nothing - every football fan should know by now there's no loyalty in this sport anymore. its all about business and the club have made the right decision in the long run.

I'm sure the club have been considering the options all along and Agard is a great bit of business. He also may not be the last so lets wait and see what happens iver the next few days. Also, if we'd rejected the bid and Baldock had gone for nothing in the summer (no guarantees we'll go up this year) can you imagine the outcry?

The main thing now is that the fans get fully behind the team once again. Personaly, i'm looking forward to seeing Agard play now.

Good luck Sam, and thanks for the memories.

I am genuinely gutted and surprised about this. I don't blame Sam for the move, but I really do think this could backfire. I think that if we were serious about promotion, you would want to keep your best players. Really am gutted about it.

Good luck Sam. I haven't been this gutted about a player leaving since Darren Barnard.

This concept of keeping your best players is impossible in football nowadays. If the player wants to leave and you block his chance to go, how do you think that player will react? Highly unlikely they'll want to continue to perform well in which case you're stuck with a player who could be disruptive, taking up wage budget and stuck in the reserves - and in Sam's case - then leaves for free. Good bit of business by the club. Hopefully we can re-invest the money in some more players in positions that need strengthening.

May mate who watches Rotherham said he looks like he does nothing but just had a knack of brig in the right place,

I thought of goater when he said that

We need to give him 5 or 6 games to bed

Monkeh you have over 12000 post on here

You should know by now There is NO chance in hell posters on otib will give him 5/6 games

By half time on Saturday he will be the next Alan Shearer or Baz Savage

It just annoys me how the club treats us like idiots , why deny that he's not going , we all new agard was brought in as a replacement , he should have played him saturday and left baldock out .

Brighton had not come back with the right figure on Saturday, so as captain he was always going to play. Also the club had feelers from other clubs, which is why Brighton bit the bullet and paid up!

At the moment I'm happy we have a shitload of cash and three proven goal scorers with another in the frame to come here! Keep Calm and Support SC!! 

Brighton had not come back with the right figure on Saturday, so as captain he was always going to play. Also the club had feelers from other clubs, which is why Brighton bit the bullet and paid up!

At the moment I'm happy we have a shitload of cash and three proven goal scorers with another in the frame to come here! Keep Calm and Support SC!! 

Im right behind the manager , just can't deal with the bull from above.

Get over it lads. Baldock is just another player who had a good season before being signed by a club higher up. Same thing has happened with the likes of Bob Taylor, Shaun Goater, Leroy Lita, Nicky Maynard and will no doubt happen again in the future.

Just move on.

Well that was obvious. As soon as the whistle went against Sheffield United I saw Baldock give a half hearted clap to the supporters, not in a disrespectful way, but just by the look on his face he didn't hide that the writing was on the wall, and knowing that some City fans would probably react badly at losing their top goalscorer City closed out the Agard deal to soften the impending blow.

Anyone with half a brain should have realised what the Agard deal meant for Sam.

All the best to him, and a deal that City had to do otherwise watch him walk for nowt at the end of the season.

Let's hope Agard is the real deal. He has got last years Golden Boot winners boots to fill, so not too much pressure... :laugh:.

That's football though thanks to Johnny Bosman.

I'm sure that City wont give a flyin ****......but I was just about to invest in a season ticket for the 1st time in 9 years.  But after another bunch of mistruths and lack of ambition,,,I'm gonna keep my money in my pocket...cause you just can't trust this club to tell the truth.........and for that matter the players.  I'm old enough and dumb enough to realise that reality is that no player or club gives a used nappy about the fans, but I'm just fed up with it.  Anyhow feel bit better gettin it off my chest...and sorry to bore everyone.  Club captain?.who loves Bristol.?....makes you vomit?

Well that was obvious. As soon as the whistle went against Sheffield United I saw Baldock give a half hearted clap to the supporters, not in a disrespectful way, just by the look on his face it was like he knew the writing was on the wall, and knowing that some City fans would probably react badly at losing their top goalscorer City closed out the Agard deal to soften the impending blow.

Anyone with half a brain should have realised what the Agard deal meant for Sam.

All the best to him, and a deal that City had to do otherwise watch him walk for nowt at the end of the season.

Let's hope Agard is the real deal. He has got last years Golden Boot winners boots to fill, so not too much pressure... :laugh:.

Easy to say when the deal's been done.

With all the positivity from the club lately, it was easy to get suckered in and think we were really going to show some ambition by adding to our quality, not selling our best player and replacing with someone less proven. But business is business and if the player wants to move, I don't see what more the club could have done to be honest.

Archived