IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Well they've been higher placed than us for the last three seasons and managed two playoff finishes in the last two seasons, so not sure what straws you're clutching at to suggest that we are a more attractive proposition at this point in time. Delusions of grandeur much?

O no at this moment in time yeah they are in a better position than us, but to suggest Brighton are some huge club light years ahead of us which you seem to be doing is wide of the mark IMO.

As somebody else said in 2 years time id put strong money we will be at the same level as them, with our own state of the art stadium to boot.

Surprised? He does say a few, which suggests not may, which you also allude to. Sounds a positive truthful representation of his time here. I mean the gate is like a morgue most of the time. I'm sure those knuckle draggers are heard loud and clear.

Yeah, just seemed like a strange quote. I'd say 95% of the fans were right behind him, but in his parting comments, he essentially makes reference to the minority who maybe weren't. Thought he'd maybe sugar coat it a little more, being a more intelligent footballer. It's all lip service in these situations of course, and I'm old and cynical enough to know it's all bullshit anyway!

O no at this moment in time yeah they are in a better position than us, but to suggest Brighton are some huge club light years ahead of us which you seem to be doing is wide of the mark IMO.

As somebody else said in 2 years time id put strong money we will be at the same level as them, with our own state of the art stadium to boot.

To be fair in terms of league performance and "active fanbase" right now, they are, sadly - like it or not. When was the last time City routinely got close to capacity crowds week in week out?

It's embarassing to hear people talking about Brighton like it's some backwater hellhole - when as a club they're doing everything right. Good squad of players, good manager, fantastic stadium and excellent support.

Why did we sell?  Should've kept him for the season, and then reviewed things with him in the summer.  I'm sure Baldock would have accepted our decision and not held it against us.

This is a big mistake, and is likely to cost us any chance of promotion this season.

As i said, new stadium, crest of a wave. Brighton aint no bigger than us in reality but hey ho..

Yes we currently are

1) Bigger and better stadium

2) State of the art training ground

3)Category 1 status academy

4) Division  above  you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

6) More season ticket holders

7)  Better team

8)  Pay better wages

I could go on all night if you want.

Yes we currently are

4) Division  above  you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

7)  Better team

8)  Pay better wages

Apart from point 5  and 8 you are right..

Yes we currently are

4) Division above you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

7) Better team

8) Pay better wages

Please don't. To number fives show it is getting to you already.

I have no problem with Brighton at all. You are just a ten a penny WUM.

And our owner is bigger than yours. Stick that up your pavilion and smoke it!

Some of our fans on here are certainly acting like NLBR fans..

I think it's the bull about rotating 4 strikers and all of the Baldock is happy and settled in Bristol that has a few fans up in arms and acting like NLBR fans who are used to being taken for fools by Nick Higgs and the sag BoD to be fair.

I think fans just deserve a bit of transparency from the club, not taken for fools and mugged off.

It's not about Baldock, it's about the cheap talk. That's what hacks people off.

Yes we currently are

4) Division  above  you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

7)  Better team

8)  Pay better wages

So you've got a stiffy because with your 'more spending power' the best your club could come up with is a league one striker? wow the ambition is just overpowering the rest of the championship must be quaking.

I think it's the bull about rotating 4 strikers and all of the Baldock is happy and settled in Bristol that has a few fans up in arms and acting like NLBR fans who are used to being taken for fools by Nick Higgs and the sag BoD to be fair.

I think fans just deserve a bit of transparency from the club, not taken for fools and mugged off.

It's not about Baldock, it's about the cheap talk. That's what hacks people off.

Great statement.

I'd say we could compete financially for players with most championship clubs, certainly looking at the wages we've given players in the past, remember Stead and Pitman when they were on par to go to Blackpool in the prem.

Ha, I was looking at his second number 5 re: attendances.

But given they're getting nearly 30k crowds, you'd think they would have more money to spend these days than we do, when you remove the "Lansdown factor".

Yes we currently are

4) Division above you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

7) Better team

8) Pay better wages

You have just faught tooth and nail all summer after having no less than 6 bids rejected to sign a league one striker who has proven nothing at Championship level...

Massive signing is Sam Baldock, huge even.

Yes we currently are

4) Division above you

5) More spending power

5) Bigger home crowds

7) Better team

8) Pay better wages

9) You hold hands.

So you've got a stiffy because with your 'more spending power' the best your club could come up with is a league one striker? wow the ambition is just overpowering the rest of the championship must be quaking.

I was merely pointing out to someone that BHA are a bigger club currently. Facts don't lie mate. It might not be what you want to hear though.

Didn't Forest sign a league 1 striker  recently and Bournemouth? Of course they lack ambition eh? Maybe you want to hear about our other striker we signed recently from La Liga?

Archived