IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Get to terms with football? What are you on about??..If we don't have a striker lined up it will be hard to get in a suitable replacement for the right kind of money. You don't see this? You clearly need to come to terms with football..

We signed his replacement last week.

I genuinely don't see the need for another front man, we've sold a player who scored 26 last season and replaced him with someone who got 24.

We have JET (15 league goals last season) competing with Wilbraham (3 in 4) to partner him and Wes Burns, plenty good enough to be our fourth striker, in reserve.

I'd buy a goalkeeper myself..

It could be interesting that the day we sell Baldock, is the same day Cardiff City announce transfer news of closing in on a new defender and that Nicky Maynard is going out on loan for the season to an unnamed club.

Could it be there is more news to break ?

To sell Baldock for 1m and to get Maynard in on loan for the year would be fantastic business, despite what fans may think of him , he is quality and proven at this level.

you live in cloud cuckoo land we won't be signing Maynard or Emile ******* Heskey! :facepalm:

Sounds like he is pretty happy with the deal and has wanted to move since Brighton showed interest.

We all know he was too good for league one and deserves to be in the championship but was hoping that would be with us.

Just hope the rumoured fee of 1m isnt correct as even in the last year of his contract he is worth more than that.

If, as Stockaitkenandwaterhausen suggests, we've made money on the deal - it won't be.

Get to terms with football? What are you on about??..If we don't have a striker lined up it will be hard to get in a suitable replacement for the right kind of money.

Read it back and comprehend. No understood then? Then don't worry.

Keith Burt has done an excellent job for us since his appointment and he already has enough to whet SC's lips for incoming players.

In fact, I bet Keith Burt loves this situation, so he can excel in what he does best.

If we want any more players, we will get them. Who that is is pre-determined, money obviously being the most substantial for consideration. 

As money is what drives everything in football  ;)

Read it back and comprehend. No understood then? Then don't worry.

Keith Burt has done an excellent job for us since his appointment and he already has enough to whet SC's lips for incoming players.

In fact, I bet Keith Burt loves this situation, so he can excel in what he does best.

If we want any more players, we will get them. Who that is is pre-determined, money obviously being the most substantial for consideration. 

As money is what drives everything in football  ;)

We'll see if Keith Burt revels in these situations.. As I said earlier in the thread I'd be surprised if we didn't have some sort of player scouted or lined up.. I guess we shall see in the next week..

For me Baldock is over-rated. A very good league 1 forward, yet to be convinced he will regularly do the business I'm the Championship though.

A likeable guy, but not the god like force that some people make him out to be.

Controversial or not would much rather have Nicky Maynard back!!

There seems to be a lot of people saying we are getting only a 1million transfer fee, is all this total guesswork or is it true, personally i would have thought 1.5-2 million allowing for this being his last year in contract, anyone out there REALLY itk that actually knows  more about the fee

For me Baldock is over-rated. A very good league 1 forward, yet to be convinced he will regularly do the business I'm the Championship though.

A likeable guy, but not the god like force that some people make him out to be.

Controversial or not would much rather have Nicky Maynard back!!

Agreed apart from the Maynard part..

I cant help but find amusement at all those on here who laughed off the idea of baldock leaving, preaching his loyalty and love for the club; get real people, we just swiped agard and now baldock has been swiped, its the law of the jungle, and if u think sam is going to turn down a 4 year contract due to his love of bristol you need your head read.

I'm not surprised some of the abuse he got may have stuck in the mind

Pretty sure he was very well supported by the majority - it was only a few knuckle draggers abusing him - and we've always had that element in our crowd.

Of course he may well have said rapturous things about our fans and BHA neglected to quote it on the website.

I'm not surprised some of the abuse he got may have stuck in the mind

Really? I seem to remember our fans being very supportive, despite scoring something like 9 goals in 40 games and having injuries every other week in the championship..

Of course he got some OTIB flak, who hasn't? But from the stands he was well supported

Here we go, City fans. Our resident idiot has arrived.

I'll apologise in advance on behalf of other Albion fans for what he is inevitably going to post.

He does this to all clubs: please don't take it personally.

I'm guessing he's about 12 seeing as he can't even spell your new player's name!

Archived