IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

Scored a lot of goals, but other than his work rate I was never massively impressed with him. He did score a lot of goals though. Think we're light up top now so interesting to see who he brings in. This money might fund that keeper though.

Any idea what baldock was on? Is Cunningham the last of the championship team now?

That's a good shout. Zamora? Has he got a squad number? Remy and Austin are certainly ahead of him.

Zamora's wages would be astronomical. We were rumoured to have set up a deal for him to come back on loan last January but our then manager turned it down. Shame. QPR would have been paying a very large proportion of his salary for him to come to us.

He's a London boy, I honestly couldn't see him taking a huge pay cut to up sticks to the west country at this stage of his career.

On the day season ticket sales close - couldn't make it up!

It was expected though, after we signed Agard it was inevitable. Huge gamble though, Agard's goalscoring video didn't really impress me, and then there's Cotterill who seems determined not to utilise one of the best talents in the division in JET.

Zamora's wages would be astronomical. We were rumoured to have set up a deal for him to come back on loan last January but our then manager turned it down. Shame. QPR would have been paying a very large proportion of his salary for him to come to us.

He's a London boy, I honestly couldn't see him taking a huge pay cut to up sticks to the west country at this stage of his career.

You do realise he started at Bristol Rovers.......

It could be interesting that the day we sell Baldock, is the same day Cardiff City announce transfer news of closing in on a new defender and that Nicky Maynard is going out on loan for the season to an unnamed club.

Could it be there is more news to break ?

To sell Baldock for 1m and to get Maynard in on loan for the year would be fantastic business, despite what fans may think of him , he is quality and proven at this level.

Good luck Sam, gutted to see him go but good business getting money if he made it clear he wanted to leave or wouldn't be signing contract ?just a guess - no HP sauce)

I'd imagine Sam was on decent wages so perhaps mean we can now get a quality striker & keeper plus 4th striker on loan from prem/champ

Yes, humble pie from me, OP was spot on, let's hope he tells us some good news soon!

I'll take a slice...

But from my point of view, he hadn't scored for us in the first 5 games of the season, so wasnt looking like he was going to have as good a season as last. Could have been the distraction of a possible move though.

Will be interesting to see how he gets on there, good luck to the lad.

95%+ of footballers (easily) are not loyal, but what do you expect them to say. It's tosh and there are more than plenty who believe what is said to the press.

Could be two/both. Lets see  :shifty:

:facepalm:  You clearly need to come to terms with football.

I'm pretty confident we'll see at least another striker come in, doubt Burns will complement Wilbraham and Agard sufficiently. Freeman might, but not an out-and-out striker.

As mentioned, don't hold your breath on JET staying. He has a big season ahead and needs games to get himself a club in an 'above standard' by next season when his contract is up.

If he does stay, then lets hope he takes him chance and pushes on for a 2nd great season with us. If his game time is limited, he won't be here for the complete season.

Get to terms with football? What are you on about??..If we don't have a striker lined up it will be hard to get in a suitable replacement for the right kind of money.

It could be interesting that the day we sell Baldock, is the same day Cardiff City announce transfer news of closing in on a new defender and that Nicky Maynard is going out on loan for the season to an unnamed club.

Could it be there is more news to break ?

To sell Baldock for 1m and to get Maynard in on loan for the year would be fantastic business, despite what fans may think of him , he is quality and proven at this level.

While Maynard crossed my mind the way he left the club and subsequent words said afterwards I'm pretty sure too many bridges were broken.

I'll take a slice...

But from my point of view, he hadn't scored for us in the first 5 games of the season, so wasnt looking like he was going to have as good a season as last. Could have been the distraction of a possible move though.

Quite possible:

"I don't think the move has been too much of a secret, it's been in the pipeline for quite a while but finally over the line and I'm delighted to be here. It shows a lot of faith from the powers that be that I warrant a four year contract and hopefully fans will get to see what I'm about for the length of the period.

I have had games to play so it was pretty difficult to completely switch off, but as soon as the interest came about...I was excited to hear of the interest and I'm really pleased it's happened".

Be interesting what the manager and club have to say about it tomorrow.

I guess Cotts hands were tied when a certain figure was reached, and in terms of offering Sam another deal we would get no where near what Brighton offered him.

When the dust has settled and Agard steps into his boots, Sam will be a forgotten man if he fires in a hat trick!!!

Then again, if it all goes tits up and the club start sliding down the table all hell could let lose

"They're a great bunch of lads down at City & there are some fantastic people at the football club. My first season wasn't the best of memories, but my second season making me captain and ending up with the golden boot was fantastic.

A lot of that is down to the manager and the players around me with the quality of service they provided. I think they will be up there contending this season and I make them favourites to go up".

Ah well, never mind. Footballers come and they go. Tis a fact of life.

Thanks for the goals Sammy and good luck down in Brighton.

Will be interesting to see if Agard is supposed to replace him or we have someone already lined up otherwise we may have to pay top dollar to find someone with only a few days left of the window.

Upwards and onwards.

Sounds like he is pretty happy with the deal and has wanted to move since Brighton showed interest.

We all know he was too good for league one and deserves to be in the championship but was hoping that would be with us.

Just hope the rumoured fee of 1m isnt correct as even in the last year of his contract he is worth more than that.

"They're a great bunch of lads down at City & there are some fantastic people at the football club. My first season wasn't the best of memories, but my second season making me captain and ending up with the golden boot was fantastic.

A lot of that is down to the manager and the players around me with the quality of service they provided. I think they will be up there contending this season and I make them favourites to go up".

Hahahaha!!!!

ATB- better than Dafarm

Archived