IGNORED

Baldock Gone To Brighton / Salary (Merged)

dafarms

my feeling is, if true something would of appeared brightons end from their ITK as of yet nothing,

also ali durdin and stockhausen would of been all over it like a rash, again not a peep from those two who are far more reliable then anyone on here

Sure; can see the benefits for him, but lending a divisional rival a player responsible for 30 goals got us last year seems a strange move, especially when it looks like we're about to sell our other top scorer.

Agrad and Wilbraham our untested (for us, at least) and unless we were bringing in replacements, I'd say losing both Baldock and JET in a week can't be seen anything other than a blow to squad strength.

Fair enough.

Though if they have (or do eventually) come in for him and SC and co are happy.

It'll be up to JET. Depends if he's gonna get enough football here though.

Like I said, last year on his deal and he'll be wanting to end up in the Championship next season. Off the back of last season, he'd have got a Championship deal if it were the last year in his contract.

Will he do enough to again this season with us to get where he wants (and can) be?

Don't know if there is anything in this but since the as soon as we signed Agard, I expected Baldock to leave before the deadline. After all, Financial Prudence is one of our 5 pillars. Cotterills interview also sounded to me as though he expected him to be off.

Fair enough.

Though if they have (or do eventually) come in for him and SC and co are happy.

It'll be up to JET. Depends if he's gonna get enough football here though.

Like I said, last year on his deal and he'll be wanting to end up in the Championship next season. Off the back of last season, he'd have got a Championship deal if it were the last year in his contract.

Will he do enough to again this season with us to get where he wants (and can) be?

I don't disagree with any of that; just worried if we lost both him and Baldock by Monday, we might be a bit light up top.

That said; our transfer biz this summer has been impressive, so would believe we'd have ideas already about who might come in, were it to come to that.

hmmmm recent stockhausen story on the post website

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/Bristol-City-captain-Sam-Baldock-welcomes-chance/story-22816336-detail/story.html

doesn't sound like he's off, still nothing on the twittersphere or anything offical from ether clubs,

Read the title Monkeh! He's already gone apparently!

It might be true, it might not be true, but what's the point of getting all agitated about it ? at least we've got a ready made replacement ( which hasn't always applied when we've sold players in the past ) I cried when we sold john galley, but since then I've learnt that players come and go, life and Bristol City goes on !

The OP has had a master stroke here, nearly a hundred comments on a BS rumour!... Well played that man!

Dead right, and should he move before the deadline the OP can claim he was correct.

Maybe it does at clubs who's hands are tied and have to sell, but we don't have to sell and cotts probably doesn't want to sell so not a chance he's playing because Brighton have said so!

It really doesn't matter whether Cotts. would rather not sell, his personal preference doesn't affect the Baldock situation one iota.

What matters is SB hasn't signed a new contract.

In that scenario the new cash conscious BCFC ( 'this club must stand on it's own two feet' - SL) will not let contracts run down as before, they will look to get the best price possible when a highly rated player will not commit to the club.

You might not think it odd that SB was one of the few experienced players to play 90 minutes against Oxford, (when largely having little affect on the game) others did.

Very few clubs 'have to sell' at a price they feel inadequate, most are just sensible enough to know when they're flogging a dead horse as regards to getting a player to sign a new contract - or there's beeen a fall out in trying to persuade him to - and get the very best price they can for a player whose head may have been turned by speculation.

If Brighton or ANO club said they were very interested in SB, could City play him for 90 mins.  - because we're asking them to increase their offer significantly and they want to be sure - and it might be worth 2m to the club, then they'd be fools not to, particularly as Baldock, though clearly not at his best, was very unlikely to be left out anyway.

my feeling is, if true something would of appeared brightons end from their ITK as of yet nothing,

also ali durdin and stockhausen would of been all over it like a rash, again not a peep from those two who are far more reliable then anyone on here

There are 25 pages from North Stand on Baldock transfer- several pages today in expectation of his arrival later today.

Their source? A link to Dafarms.......... never heard of him.

Looks to me as if the OP has got it wrong. I can't see Baldocks transfer mentioned anywhere in the media or on the clubs web page.

Until I see it confirmed officially I'll doubt the accuracy.

Agree. One possibility is the source got ahead of himself a bit when he told dafarms 'Baldock's gone to Brighton.'

Perhaps he'd heard City have indeed accepted a bid, SB's in the process of talking to them, and it's all being kept hush hush both ends until it's finalised?

Dafarms doesn't strike me as the sort of bloke who people would tell UTTER BULLSHIT (@ Red Tauntonian) to, and note several posters joined the thread soon after to announce they'd heard the same.

Personally I fully expect SB to leave, but I'll still be surprised if he ends up at Brighton.

Archived