IGNORED

Cotts The New Del Boy

That Louie Donowa goal

When I Say Delboy I mean the Fools and Horses one not McInnes. What I mean is previously Maynard and Albert for example last year in contract we expect first fee that comes along, but with Baldock we turn down 6 offers to get our valuation not theirs. Also he seems to know a good player when he see's like Elliott, Little and Freeman ect.

Have we now turned a corner in selling big, buying smaller bargains? If so is this down to Cotterill???

When I Say Delboy I mean the Fools and Horses one not McInnes. What I mean is previously Maynard and Albert for example last year in contract we expect first fee that comes along, but with Baldock we turn down 6 offers to get our valuation not theirs. Also he seems to know a good player when he see's like Elliott, Little and Freeman ect.

Have we now turned a corner in selling big, buying smaller bargains? If so is this down to Cotterill???

Do you actually think SC sits down and agrees the terms and conditions...or is this a wind up?

I can't imagine SC having anything to do with valuing players from the point of view of potential transfer deals, I'd suggest that's very much down to Burt and the board not the first team manager! But I'm pleased with our general transfer policy and the type of player we're bringing in. I like to think SC has his share of input into incomings along with Burt so he deserves credit there. Little, Elliott, Freeman, Ayling, Smith, Wilbs and Agard are all good business IMO.

No not terms and conditions perse but he must give board valuations on what he believe's players are worth.

With respect, I'm trying to work out at which point in a football managers career, they became financial experts and accountants...do you see where I'm going here? ;)

Is it not Keith Burt that should be getting praise for the quality of the scouting?

Aye, bit if a unsung hero but I think we're now seeing exactly why he was brought here.  He's the one I believe who does alot of the behind the scenes work on bringing players in and helping sort contracts ect - a thankless task.

Thankyou Burt!

From my understanding of it is that Burt and cotterill sit down and look over potential targets places to strengthen to squad, this includes rough valuations.

Then Burt goes away to the board discusses more of the financial side of things, comes back to sc another they talk some more, come up with a definite target (s)

then the board make contact with said targets club agree (or not) a fee, if they do they talk to the players agent and boom (or not)

Quite simple really (or not!)

With respect, I'm trying to work out at which point in a football managers career, they became financial experts and accountants...do you see where I'm going here? ;)

WIth respect when Ross McCormack moves for 75% of the value of Balotelli or Danny Welbeck, or more than Loic Remy I am also trying to work out at which point any financial expert or accountant is involved in a transfer deal... do you see where I am going here?

WIth respect when Ross McCormack moves for 75% of the value of Balotelli or Danny Welbeck, or more than Loic Remy I am also trying to work out at which point any financial expert or accountant is involved in a transfer deal... do you see where I am going here?

I totally agree... which is why football is 'business for the boys'.

There are financial industry experts lining up and applying to work for football clubs...they are rebuffed by those already in position, because they know they can do a better job than themselves and on cheaper wages. Football seems to employ from within it's ranks...they all look after one another.

Not many people realize that when doing your badges, right to the top, that the FA only spend one day on the courses discussing finance.

It's crazy when you think about it. All these multi millionaire owners and businessmen, putting all their faith and leaving all the judgement, to blokes who have played football most of their lives, and then sat a few badges and decided to become managers....it's like leaving a second hand car salesman in charge of Ferrari...

I am very happy with the business done in the close season. I am 90% happy with the team performance since the season started.

BUT

Am I alone in thinking that Mr Cotterill is getting, just ever so slightly, up his own backside with the self congratulatory tone of his latest posting on the bcfc website?

To be fair he's always like that. He even claimed that toward the end of the World Cup he fancied the Costa Ricans to go far pre tournament! Of course you did Steve!!!

Maybe that air of self belief/cockiness is responsible for the positive outlook on the pitch? If so I can put up with his Cotterillisms!

I am very happy with the business done in the close season. I am 90% happy with the team performance since the season started.

BUT

Am I alone in thinking that Mr Cotterill is getting, just ever so slightly, up his own backside with the self congratulatory tone of his latest posting on the bcfc website?

I dunno.  I didn't think he was being all that self-congratulatory, really; I mean, he's kind of right.

We started with our six new signings (seven if you count Elliott) this weekend, and has been doing similar most of the season.  So being we're unbeaten in the league, Cotts and the back room team (and in the article he talks about "we" regards transfers) deserve some credit in getting such a big influx of new players working together so well early doors.  

Confidence is infectious, so it is good to have some around the dressing room, unlike last year.

Wilbraham and dubi is pretty amusing but what a signing he's turned out to be so far, everytime I've seen him so far he's head and shoulders above most of the players on the pitch, his work rate alone is fantastic,

I hope it continues and it also goes to show we should never write players off because they are the wrong side of 30

Archived