IGNORED

New Stadium

Colombo Robin

Bristol Rugby will use the current changing rooms and enter the pitch via the Atyeo stand BCFC will use a new tunnel and changing rooms in the new Williams stand

No, both teams will use the new changing rooms and tunnel via the Williams. The atyeo internals will be slightly reconfigured and used by security, stewards, ground staff etc

it is being spruced up, I think new entrances to the upper stand are being installed as well

Yep the exits will be part of the upper tier I think.  I'm expecting it to pretty much resemble a new stand too.

• Admin

Yep the exits will be part of the upper tier I think.  I'm expecting it to pretty much resemble a new stand too.

Ah ok, I thought the new entrances were part of the new build of the lower section.

I honestly hadn't realised anything was being done to the top tier

Ah ok, I thought the new entrances were part of the new build of the lower section.

I honestly hadn't realised anything was being done to the top tier

Actually think you are right.

I'd imagine the lettering maybe removed though?

Picture12.png?o=1&res=13&cdn=ec&p=y&pid=

The new entrances / exits will actually be at the top of the walkways in the new lower tier, but they will also provide access to the upper tier. The roof is being extended to cover the new lower tier which will be on the same rake as the existing upper tier. It will then link up with the roof of the new south stand, which will give you an idea of the height of the new stand.

Very glad we are staying. Ashton Vale would have been no different to Pride Park the Ricoh or any other of the identical new builds in this country, souless and lacking any sort of character.. Personally cannot stand those types of stadiums but each to there own.

Very glad we are staying. Ashton Vale would have been no different to Pride Park the Ricoh or any other of the identical new builds in this country, souless and lacking any sort of character.. Personally cannot stand those types of stadiums but each to there own.

I'm beginning to come round to the view that the dog-emptiers did us a favour :o They are bustards, none the less.

Is the Atyeo getting a remodel so it looks like the rest of the stadium? All the new stands seem to have a modern white roof. The Corrugated rusty metal would look a bit odd next to that, no?

Pretty sure the Atyeo roof and structure etc is staying the same.. Only a 'refit' of the inside is being done..

I am still quite annoyed that they never considered rotating the ground. We could have had a far bigger stadium capacity of 30,000+. Put it down for costs of doing it but it would have been the same as Ashton Vale site and the club had already chosen the plan they wanted.

Anyway I have been playing around with this design again. Still not quite finished but I am getting there. This wasn't my original design it is done by another person but I altered it a bit. Just to show what could have been done.

aerialrotate1-Copy-Copy_zpsa0f5a8ac.png

I have done it in red now (so it won't show the rust).

You're right about those identikit stadiums, but I wouldn't have placed ashton vale in that bracket.

Whilst there were certainly elements of identikit, it was one of the better examples of new build stadia imo. The large red signature roof structure made it unique.

Still, happy we are staying put though.

I am still quite annoyed that they never considered rotating the ground. We could have had a far bigger stadium capacity of 30,000+. Put it down for costs of doing it but it would have been the same as Ashton Vale site and the club had already chosen the plan they wanted.

Anyway I have been playing around with this design again. Still not quite finished but I am getting there. This wasn't my original design it is done by another person but I altered it a bit. Just to show what could have been done.

aerialrotate1-Copy-Copy_zpsa0f5a8ac.png

I have done it in red now (so it won't show the rust).

and where the hell would we play while they were doing that?,

...and if we ever did reach the top flight again and, god forbid, ever had some relative success there, it wouldn't be big enough, and will cause a traffic and parking utter nightmare for fans and residents alike.

http://www.bristol-sport.co.uk/news/ashton-gate-stadium-backs-bristol-s-rail-network-plan/

Unless this gets the go ahead and we finally get a rail link to the stadium (albeit on a small branch line).

Thanks for this. That's interesting.

Seems unlikely we'll get around it then, although I am aware of some builds in my own area which would easily (appear to) contradict the above point. Not sure how they got through.

It must include some very specific parameters. Does light mean direct sunlight? At which angle of incidence can the top of a building be relative to the property concerned? Does this include garden or just house for example.

This issue was raised when City planned to build the Atyeo. The original proposal was to build a two tier stand but this was dropped due to the light problem it would cause for the houses. I don't think the two tier option ever made it to an official planning application. Probably City decided it wouldn't get passed by the council due to objections from the houses residents.

Did you actually look at the plans?! Ashton Vale was not your usual "souless bowl" design, it had a unique look and stands with differing architecture that I would have been proud to call our home. It also had the capacity to generate more revenue from corporate etc than Ashton Gate ever will.

I can't wait for the redevelopment to be completed but there is little doubt that it is the second best option.

I wonder how many of those houses he already owns. I was in Greville Smyths park yesterday ( being killed by a female trainer ) and saw that lots of youngsters wearing Bristol Sport attire both of red and blue coming to and going from or recieving deliveries into those houses.

I wonder how many of those houses he already owns. I was in Greville Smyths park yesterday ( being killed by a female trainer ) and saw that lots of youngsters wearing Bristol Sport attire both of red and blue coming to and going from or recieving deliveries into those houses.

If you are referring to SL, as I think you are, that is really interesting ! (I am not being sarcastic, by the way).

I am sure that if he has learnt anything over the last few years, it is that he needs to keep his cards close to his chest, on all things stadium related.

Archived