IGNORED

New Stadium

Colombo Robin

I wonder if any "ancient" artifacts were found when clearing the EE terrace mound ?

Ive been told there was a tunnel with evidence of Gazelle footprints, I thought they were native to Africa?

Also, strange messages written on the walls, the most common being 'kepinIt Cazuwall'. Sounds ancient Eygptian to me.

I wonder how many of those houses he already owns. I was in Greville Smyths park yesterday ( being killed by a female trainer ) and saw that lots of youngsters wearing Bristol Sport attire both of red and blue coming to and going from or recieving deliveries into those houses.

I have been told that every one of the houses behind the Atyeo has been owned by the club at some point in recent years.

Just to point out,

The old platform is still there at Ashton gate halt it wouldn't be costly to reopen that

The main cost would be bring the track up to commenter standards as well as resignalling and a remodeling parson street which would also bring the relief lines back into use at parson st and bedminster

There is a lot of work to the signaling that will take place in the next 10 years as the signaling will be controlled by the super panel at didcot,

If I do hear anything I will let you know ( dates etc)

Monkeh, I'm confused (I know that's not hard to do) but you say the track has to be brought up to commuter standard but why is it OK to currently run 1,000 ton freight trains on the line but not Class 150's.

Line speed

It's not fast enough

Oh yes, OK I understand that and the signalling issues and access to the mainline but I still think we make hard work of these things, I have visited a lot of northern towns and they all seem to pull together to get things done but this is Bristol/North Somerset/South Gloucestershire/Bath & North East Somerset!! 

Oh yes, OK I understand that and the signalling issues and access to the mainline but I still think we make hard work of these things, I have visited a lot of northern towns and they all seem to pull together to get things done but this is Bristol/North Somerset/South Gloucestershire/Bath & North East Somerset!! 

And the government love it, as they don't have to listen to or give any grants to those local authority areas, as the individual populations don't warrant it. Whereas cities like Bradford, which is smaller than Bristol, gain metropolitan status and increase it's chances of obtaining grants, by incorporating towns from well outside the area under it's umbrella. The same applies but not to the same extent, for Nottingham.

I feel we still suffer from the days when we were run by Labour in the 70s and had high council rates, when compared to neighbouring authorities, because, the city had invested in what was considered a white elephant, (the Royal Portbury Dock). It proved to be quite a good long term investment and the rates soon evened out once Avon CC had been disbanded in 1996. I think the perception lives on and people in those neighbouring authorities don't want to be associated with their big rowdy neighbour.

Archived