IGNORED

I'm Not Listening To The Forum 'sages' Anymore

RedM

Blimey. Ultra-positive!

Let's hope in 12 months time everything is still looking so rosy.

To match GJ of course, in 12 months time we'd be in the Championship and still unbeaten...

Why does SC have to match it? I hate comparing managers with others. They all have different tactics, humour and personalities so let's not discuss that.

We're only 8 games in...

Does BT strike you as being a pussy? Don't think he'd of got to the managerial hotseat at AG whilst bombing out most of the boozehounds from the Wilson era without being fairly confident and ruthless.

That's exactly my point, no he doesn't, which makes the statement that he would allow any interference in his role by anyone a nonsense, don't you agree?.

why are we complaining about money spent anyway, it was SL's money to waste not ours or even the clubs,

its nice having someone who can spend that much and write it off,

we could of gone into administration like leeds southampton coventry portsmouth and everyone else who chased the same dream we chased,

Utter hearsay. Like Carey's "divisive" influence.

I don't even bother to reply to those posts now. People repeating Chinese whispers from other people who don't even know the situation in the first place.

How do you know people haven't spoken in private to people at the Club.

Apparently everyone believes GJ had fisticuffs with a certain player...that's hearsay...it just fits when people like what they hear.

When it doesn't suit...they choose not to believe.

As they say...there is no smoke without fire.

Nearly everything you read in Autobiographies  and the media is 'hear say' as it often comes from a third party.

Just because it's not in print doesn't mean it's not true.

Apparently everyone believes GJ had fisticuffs with a certain player...that's hearsay...it just fits when people like what they hear.

Nearly everything you read in Autobiographies  and the media is 'hear say' as it often comes from a third party.

So how do you think that this particular piece of hearsay actually helps 1) a BCFC legend 2) the manager 3) the club 4) the fans?, do you believe even if it's true (which is doubtful) that BT would be happy to read it?, I have to say the GJ comparison is ridiculous he had already left when that rumour came out, but your hearsay/rumour is just shit stirring IMO and serves nobody especially at a time when things are going well.

So how do you think that this particular piece of hearsay actually helps 1) a BCFC legend 2) the manager 3) the club 4) the fans?, do you believe even if it's true (which is doubtful) that BT would be happy to read it?, I have to say the GJ comparison is ridiculous he had already left when that rumour came out, but your hearsay/rumour is just shit stirring IMO and serves nobody especially at a time when things are going well.

Just because we are doing well on the pitch now...doesn't mean we have to neglect other issues.

We need harmony throughout the Club...me saying it like it is on here, is going to make no difference to all the four things you mention...after all, we're all just a bunch of idiots on here...wouldn't you agree? ;)

Just for you EMB ;)

Years ago people believed that when threatened an ostrich would stick it's head in the sand thinking it was hiding from whatever dangers were around while all the time the biggest part of it's body was still sticking out in plain sight. Kind of a " if I can't see you, you can't see me " voluntary denial of the situation.

So if a person has their head buried they are trying to avoid dealing with a situation or realize the inevitable by pretending the problem or fact is not really there. With your head in the sand you can not hear or see what is happening around you so in your mind it really isn't happening at all.

Nearly everything you read in Autobiographies and the media is 'hear say' as it often comes from a third party.

Actually there's load of smoke without fire. On all sorts of things. In all areas of life, but especially on the Internet.

Eventually people get so blinded by the smoke they are prepared to accept rumours as fact.

Just because we are doing well on the pitch now...doesn't mean we have to neglect other issues.

We need harmony throughout the Club...me saying it like it is on here, is going to make no difference to all the four things you mention...after all, we're all just a bunch of idiots on here...wouldn't you agree? ;)

Just for you EMB ;)

Years ago people believed that when threatened an ostrich would stick it's head in the sand thinking it was hiding from whatever dangers were around while all the time the biggest part of it's body was still sticking out in plain sight. Kind of a " if I can't see you, you can't see me " voluntary denial of the situation.

So if a person has their head buried they are trying to avoid dealing with a situation or realize the inevitable by pretending the problem or fact is not really there. With your head in the sand you can not hear or see what is happening around you so in your mind it really isn't happening at all.

So you believe that BT would be more than happy to read that he is less than happy about his position at BCFC?

I thought the point of an Autobiography was it didn't come from a third party?

So you believe that BT would be more than happy to read that he is less than happy about his position at BCFC?

You've said that....not me. Putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 again fella.

Stop reading posts and interpreting them how you want to see it...rather than how they are meant.

Actually there's load of smoke without fire. On all sorts of things. In all areas of life, but especially on the Internet.

Eventually people get so blinded by the smoke they are prepared to accept rumours as fact.

I don't work with rumour... I only comment on what I know either first hand or from someone close to the person.

I actually talk to people...rather than go by what people talk about on the internet.

This is absolutely spot on.

Last time we went up, momentum and team spirit built by a good short-term manager tricked us all into believing we had a club that belonged at the top of the Championship. What we actually had was a club that belonged in League One adorned with one expensive bauble after another in the belief it would soon make the next step.

Cotterill, like Johnson, is exactly the right man to turn round a struggling club and build something positive with momentum. This makes him the right man for City for this season and probably next. However, this time the momentum must be harnessed and used to tide the club over whilst a longer term strategy is pursued.

Bringing in "5 pillars" and O'Driscoll 12-18 months ago was the right move at completely the wrong time. It's impossible to develop young players to play in the right way at a club that's in a downward spiral and without a solid core of senior players to help the youngsters. It was doomed to failure, but it wasn't a bad idea in itself.

With positive momentum generated by Cotterill, the logical next step will be to focus on the development further down the club. I hope that the development squads are being coached according to the ideals spoken by O'Driscoll and that players can and will be brought in to the first team carefully.

I'm prepared to believe, for the moment, that Cotterill can be the man to implement the long term plan as well as the short term, but if he can't then the board will need to be prepared to dispense with a successful manager for someone who will ensure the club is set up for long term success. It's a shame Sean O'Driscoll already had his go, because under better circumstances he'd be perfect.

No

You've said that....not me. Putting 2 and 2 together and making 5 again fella.

Stop reading posts and interpreting them how you want to see it...rather than how they are meant.

You said  "me saying it like it is on here, is going to make no difference to all the four things you mention" and no.1 of the things I mention was BCFC legend, how else is there to interpret it?.

You said  "me saying it like it is on here, is going to make no difference to all the four things you mention" and no.1 of the things I mention was BCFC legend, how else is there to interpret it?.

If you actually go back to my first post and read it properly, you wouldn't have come to the conclusion you have.

No point discussing it fella...because you and Red Robbo take umbridge to anything that is discussed, that may have come from the horses mouth or through a third party. Unless it's written in the media, you and him seem to dismiss anything that may have come from a different source. My last word on the subject.

If you actually go back to my first post and read it properly, you wouldn't have come to the conclusion you have.

No point discussing it fella...because you and Red Robbo take umbridge to anything that is discussed, that may have come from the horses mouth or through a third party. Unless it's written in the media, you and him seem to dismiss anything that may have come from a different source. My last word on the subject.

I have my own "horses" as you know, Spud.

We have our disagreements, but I accept you're a passionate fan who just wants the best for the club. No umbrage is ever taken.

I'm just staying out all this "BT" conjecture.

Generally, I think the club is better run than it's been for ages, probably ever. It's a process, but I'm happy with it.

I have my own "horses" as you know, Spud.

We have our disagreements, but I accept you're a passionate fan who just wants the best for the club. No umbrage is ever taken.

I'm just staying out all this "BT" conjecture.

Generally, I think the club is better run than it's been for ages, probably ever. It's a process, but I'm happy with it.

i'm with you here RR, for me I just don't see how this helps anybody especially the manager or BT himself and as KITR rightly pointed out BT is big enough to fight his own battles if there is actually a battle to be fought.

Archived