IGNORED

The Politics Thread

Barrs Court Red

I can't see why eating burgers would make anyone want to vote for anyone?

What constituency for you think they were trying to appeal to? McDonalds employees??

P's: it's the fact that you always seem to leap to the Tories defence on these thread's that lead me to make that assumption. Plus the fact that if anyone "hates" the Labour Party under our first past the post system the

Come on he did mention Obama and Obama is the new Nelson Mandela.

Come on he did mention Obama and Obama is the new Nelson Mandela.

Or is it Nelson Muntz?

BTW my phone malfunctioned during that last post.

I was saying normally - under our current first-past-the-post system - people who profess to "hate" Labour will naturally vote Tory. So you see why the assumption was made. Not being precious, but just drawing what would seem to me a fair and not insulting conclusion.

If you find being called a Conservative insulting then I'll apologise. :)

Or is it Nelson Muntz?

BTW my phone malfunctioned during that last post.

I was saying normally - under our current first-past-the-post system - people who profess to "hate" Labour will naturally vote Tory. So you see why the assumption was made. Not being precious, but just drawing what would seem to me a fair and not insulting conclusion.

If you find being called a Conservative insulting then I'll apologise. :)

I am very rarely insulted, it's assumptions I have a problem with, but if you really want to insult me brother just try calling me a ******* freemason.

Hehe. You haven't "taken the square" or whatever the bloody hell they call it?

Bunch of ***** and almost certainly how the wide ranging Hillsborough cover up was conceived and achieved, I can think of no other way that senior officers from all three emergency services, politicians and the press could all sing the same song from the same sheet.

PS:- Calling me a gashead would be on a par with calling me a freemason, I better mention that.

Bunch of ***** and almost certainly how the wide ranging Hillsborough cover up was conceived and achieved, I can think of no other way that senior officers from all three emergency services, politicians and the press could all sing from the same song from the same sheet.

PS:- Calling me a gashead would be on a par with calling me a freemason, I better mention that.

It's a funny thing Freemasonry. I always associate it with being a sort of dull, conservative (with a small c) local "worthy".

My grandad was one though, and he can hardly have used it to pull strings. He worked in Clarks pies on North Street and was as working class and South Bristol as they come.

Maybe these lodges are like golf clubs - you get the basic "all welcome" ones, and the "exclusive" social networking and snobbery ones.

Anyone on Otib, and prepared to risk Esmond's wrath, who'll explain Freemasonry to me?

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183) 

But it's okay, they put a Bible on the altar.

"You must conceal all the crimes of your brother Masons, except murder and treason, and these only at your own option, and should you be summoned as a witness against a brother Mason be always sure to shield him. Prevaricate [falsify], don't tell the whole truth in his case, keep his secrets, forget the most important points. It may be perjury to do this, it is true, but you're keeping your obligations, and remember if you live up to your obligation strictly, you'll be free from sin." (Edmond Ronayne, "Masonic Handbook," page 183) 

But it's okay, they put a Bible on the altar.

I can't think our Grampf committed much crime. Unless being a grumpy old sod was a criminal offence back in those days....

I can't think our Grampf committed much crime. Unless being a grumpy old sod was a criminal offence back in those days....

it's not about committing crime, it's about when called upon to show one's allegiance that's the problem and to them there is only one allegiance.

Kenneth Noye is a classic example of the criminality that you can get away with as a mason, especially when you consort with senior police officers, judges and even an MP.

it's not about committing crime, it's about when called upon to show one's allegiance that's the problem and to them there is only one allegiance.

Kenneth Noye is a classic example of the criminality that you can get away with as a mason, especially when you consort with senior police officers, judges and even an MP.

I'll confess I don't know too much about that case, but didn't he end up going to prison for life?

I realise he had hitherto managed to get away with stabbing a policeman to death in his garden, but wasn't that just jury nobbling rather than freemasonry?

PS: this is much more interesting topic of conversation than routine party political jibes!

Hmmm. Doesn't really say much though does it. Noye was a freemason, lots of corrupt police officers (and uncorrupt ones) are Freemasons. Noye was a gangster who'd have had a tame copper or two on the payroll, but obviously not that successfully or he'd not have been under surveillance for fencing the Brinks Mat gold. In the 70s, half of Scotland Yard seemed to be on someone or others payroll. I refer you to Bent Coppers by Graeme McLagan, a truly excellent piece of journalism.

One interesting aspect to the case I've read is that the M25 murder is routinely refered to as a "road rage killing" whereas those ITK say it was no coincidence that the two men started to fight - or that it happened to be witnessed by another career criminal (who was subsequently killed).

I said ...............

Sam Cam could be an '8'.

Can I have a seconder to my trouser motion?

TFR

There is something about her I agree. But whether I would want to go there after knowing Dave had been there before me is another question.

Oh what the hell, It's a yes from me.

There is something about her I agree. But whether I would want to go there after knowing Dave had been there before me is another question.

Oh what the hell, It's a yes from me.

Given Dave's old Etonian upbringing he might not have been there at all, his children might be grudge children, 'somebody had it in for him' and there is plenty with a grudge.

Given Dave's old Etonian upbringing he might not have been there at all, his children might be grudge children, 'somebody had it in for him' and there is plenty with a grudge.

That's a different spin on it which I hadn't thought about before, I don't feel so dirty anymore.

Fascinating these last few day with the Lib Dems.

Every day Nick Clegg is coming out and promising something new, it's like having your own version of the Lib Dems advent calendar.

Today he promises to make everybody healthy, wealthy and wise, hopefully tomorrow he will promise to tell the truth for once in his life.

Fascinating these last few day with the Lib Dems.

Every day Nick Clegg is coming out and promising something new, it's like having your own version of the Lib Dems advent calendar.

Today he promises to make everybody healthy, wealthy and wise, hopefully tomorrow he will promise to tell the truth for once in his life.

He could promise world peace, it doesn't matter he won't have to deliver on any of his promises will he?.

Exactly mate. He could promise to scrap tuition fees for students and know that...oh, wait, he did that already didn't he.

Actually, he promised not to put them up but fair point

It was very much a speech to the party faithful rather than to the electorate in general. He might as well have stood up there and said "pleeeeeaaaasse don't get rid of me!" Still, I think some of his bad rep is because we as a populous don't get the idea of coalitions very well and I think it's a concept we'll have to get used to

Well that's a wake up call for Labour. Scraping home against UKIP in one of its heartands.

Clacton nailed on to be called UKIP later on.

Ho hum..

A wake up call for Labour, but Heywood and Middleton was still a bigger issue for the Tories. Labour actually increased their share of the vote by 1%, so while it proves that UKIP can presently mobilise enough voters to run Labour close, they really don't seem to be taking large numbers of voters from them as they have previously claimed. Clacton was a predictable victory, though probably not by the margin seen, partly perhaps because of a very high turnout? I think Rochester could be interesting in a few weeks. The media are predicting a Tory hold, but could a crushing victory across the Thames estuary give them some momentum? And can they maintain that momentum into the general election next year. I still think they'll struggle to get more than 2 or 3 seats when it comes to the crunch; all of which Tory seats, all of which pointing to Prime Minister Ed come May, which I have very mixed feelings about

We've seen this "new alternative party" phenomenon - tapping into public distrust for the "old politics" - before though. They were called the SDP and they won a series of by-elections too.

And like UKIP, the SDP was populated by old politicians trying to repackage themselves as 'new' politicians. Same old, same old

We've seen this "new alternative party" phenomenon - tapping into public distrust for the "old politics" - before though. They were called the SDP and they won a series of by-elections too.

Distrust for the "old politics" has never run as deep as this before though. I do not trust any of them, not a party or a politician.

Distrust for the "old politics" has never run as deep as this before though. I do not trust any of them, not a party or a politician.

I agree this time it's different IMO, people really are fed up with hearing 'we will listen to the people and we will change', like **** they do, all of them same old same old, they are so far out of touch with reality it's frightening and as for the ******* bilge that is SPIN enough is enough answer questions you complete ****wits.

With the exception of the UKIP politicians last night, every single so called mainstream politician never answered one question, just spin after spin after spin and usually using the same sentences and phrases, they are taking the piss out of the voting public and really need to be taught a lesson once and for all.

Archived