IGNORED

I.s.

The Gasbuster

We can't endlessly fight everyone else's wars, even if we feel its morally right to do so.

The key for me is to eliminate the risk here at home.  I have plenty of well considered ideas but I'm not sharing most of them as they'll be considered racist or bigoted, because those who respond will bleat out before thinking.

We can't endlessly fight everyone else's wars, even if we feel its morally right to do so.

The key for me is to eliminate the risk here at home.  I have plenty of well considered ideas but I'm not sharing most of them as they'll be considered racist or bigoted, because those who respond will bleat out before thinking.

I get your point Cotswold, but who's war is it? IS are targeting Americans, Brits, French, and just about anyone else who stands in their way, pretty difficult to term it as a war against anyone in particular

Share your views, because I just don't see how this will ever end? Short of wiping them off the face of the earth, which is going to be incredibly difficult, and quite possibly against the law, I don't see what 'we' can do? I also don't want to live by life under Muslim law.......

if it wasn't for the west intervention in the region we wouldn't have to go back and fight all this,

the disposed dictaitors while not very nice kept all this in check, getting rid of those created a power vacum which in turn helped these terroists gain a powerbase,

I don't think we can stay out of this now after the iraqie govenment has requested aid from, but we should let Iran take the lead and in the short term get assand on side as well, 

boots on the ground will be needed and that should be arab boots with support from the west not western boots with support from the arabs

We don't though do we?  There's been no help for the white farmers in Zimbabwe, nothing done for the kidnapped Nigerian school girls.  The middle east always gets a reaction because of the oil and the US (Saudi, Iraq, Israel) v Russia (Syria, Iran) interests in the region.

I'm all for bombing IS into a scattered bunch of AK4- toting desperados and then letting the Iraqi and Syrian states wipe them out.

That of course means we have to swallow the realpolitik pill and stop trying to overthrow Assad in Syria.

They'd get ****** if they entered Baghdad. Unfortunately so would pretty much everyone living there.

IF Baghdad is truly threatened (I don't belive it is) the whole conflict dynamic will change. I think we'll see US marines on the ground by Christmas.

I was reading a piece by a Christian vicar based in Baghdad, he was saying they are 2km out of Baghdad, and that military personnel from the Iraqi army that he knows are already thinking about running.

if they go into Baghdad, and I think they will without much of a fight from the Army, there could be an utter bloodbath involving IS and and the majority Shia population!  

How anyone can get in the middle of that and try and take "ownership" of what will best be described as a cluster****, good only knows, one thing is for sure, I am glad I don't live there.

Oh the Iraqi army isn't worth a ****. It's the Shia militia that will resist, and they will wipe out Sunni neighbourhoods given the chance.

Iraq must surely be split into three otherwise this will carry on happening. Al-Queda in Iraq (now is) managed the same sort of uprising not long ago. That time the Sunni tribes turned on them, which is why they moved to Syria. Before that the Americans had numerous battles in Falluja. It was clear on both occasions the Iraqi forces weren't up to it.

Oh the Iraqi army isn't worth a ****. It's the Shia militia that will resist, and they will wipe out Sunni neighbourhoods given the chance.

Iraq must surely be split into three otherwise this will carry on happening. Al-Queda in Iraq (now is) managed the same sort of uprising not long ago. That time the Sunni tribes turned on them, which is why they moved to Syria. Before that the Americans had numerous battles in Falluja. It was clear on both occasions the Iraqi forces weren't up to it.

Trouble is who is going to do the splitting, extremists are flocking into the country, the borders are so wide open it seems very easy to get there.  the Shias militias will put up a staunch fight, but when the Sunnis have a never ending supply of martyr monkeys  travelling from all over the world to help, I can't see it ending well.  As long a borders are open, both in the area, and from the counties these loons are travelling from are open, then the blood bath will continue

of course, borders inmost countries will not be put on lock down for a variety of reasons, the biggest being money!

Stop the influx of fighters, the problems eventually goes.  I cannot see that happening unfortunately.

Trouble is who is going to do the splitting, extremists are flocking into the country, the borders are so wide open it seems very easy to get there. the Shias militias will put up a staunch fight, but when the Sunnis have a never ending supply of martyr monkeys travelling from all over the world to help, I can't see it ending well. As long a borders are open, both in the area, and from the counties these loons are travelling from are open, then the blood bath will continue

of course, borders inmost countries will not be put on lock down for a variety of reasons, the biggest being money!

Stop the influx of fighters, the problems eventually goes. I cannot see that happening unfortunately.

As I've said before, Turkey is the biggest culprit.

Its elected leader - who it seems was elected on a popular mandate the first time, but used electoral fraud to stay in power this year - is an Islamist out to desecularise the country. He is vehemently opposed to the secular (and Shia) Assad and wants him removed before Turkish soil can be used as a base for attacking IS. He is also happy to see the Kurds take a kicking because of Turkey's ongoing problem with Kurdish separatists.

The country's stance makes it hard to see how it can remain a member of Nato.

Its elected leader - who it seems was elected on a popular mandate the first time, but used electoral fraud to stay in power this year - is an Islamist out to desecularise the country. He is vehemently opposed to the secular (and Shia) Assad and wants him removed before Turkish soil can be used as a base for attacking IS. He is also happy to see the Kurds take a kicking because of Turkey's ongoing problem with Kurdish separatists.

Haven't heard much of it of late but it has been the position of both Cameron and Miliband to be in favour of Turkey's assession to the EU and with free access for their citizens to the rest of the EU. Probably no chance of happening given that most of the Catholic countries within the EU are set against it.

Haven't heard much of it of late but it has been the position of both Cameron and Miliband to be in favour of Turkey's assession to the EU and with free access for their citizens to the rest of the EU. Probably no chance of happening given that most of the Catholic countries within the EU are set against it.

My understanding, Calc, is that's very much on the back-burner and a non issue at the moment.

I won't attempt to remember without googling the Turkish pm's name, but he has said it is no longer a priority for his government. He is turning the country eastwards and southwards, rather than west. Plus they aren't keen on having to reach the required human rights and electoral transparency levels.

I realise the last is something of a joke, when you consider how Juncker got his job!

they won't join the EU because of northern cypris

Seems like they are 2km from Baghdad now, air strikes are doing very little and the Iraqi army are doing a great impression of the French!

of course air strikes are doing very little, 6 weeks on IS have not yielded an inch of land and now in fact they have advanced to the gates of Baghdad. As much as I detest him Galloway is correct this will only be won with troops on the ground and those troops need to come from Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iran initially with the west supplying the expertise, these 3 countries and others want the west to fight yet again for them, this their fight and not ours and between them they have far more than enough military might to achieve this, Saudi alone has over 700 war planes, over 1,000 tanks FFS and as Galloway says we should know we sold them much of this hardware and they have 250,000 front line personnel to operate these 'big boys' toys + sandals on the ground.

of course air strikes are doing very little, 6 weeks on IS have not yielded an inch of land and now in fact they have advanced to the gates of Baghdad. As much as I detest him Galloway is correct this will only be won with troops on the ground and those troops need to come from Saudi Arabia, Turkey and Iran initially with the west supplying the expertise, these 3 countries and others want the west to fight yet again for them, this their fight and not ours and between them they have far more than enough military might to achieve this, Saudi alone has over 700 war planes, over 1,000 tanks FFS and as Galloway says we should know we sold them much of this hardware and they have 250,000 front line personnel to operate these 'big boys' toys + sandals on the ground.

Well as long as IS are beheading western hostages, and recruiting British/American/French etc etc  to the cause, then it is our fight, along with those you mention, whether we like it or not.  We made it our fight by allowing people to become radicalised in this country and by our (correct imo) stance of not paying ransoms

Irrelevant. He's just adding some authority to the facts he's laying before your eyes. Furthermore, I've seen other educated ex-Muslims critique the Quran, and you could too if you did a bit of Googling.

The worrying thing though is when you have educated Muslims justifying the vile nonsense in the Quran, which again you can find in a few minutes via YouTube or Google.

Of course it is relevant.  He isn't adding authority if he isn't who he says he is.  

So many youtube videos get blindly believed.  

Archived