IGNORED

I.s.

The Gasbuster

Well as long as IS are beheading western hostages, and recruiting British/American/French etc etc  to the cause, then it is our fight, along with those you mention, whether we like it or not.  We made it our fight by allowing people to become radicalised in this country and by our (correct imo) stance of not paying ransoms

At the end of the day the arab states have got far more to lose, that makes it their fight with our back up and it will be adjudged far more 'just' with neighbouring arab states fighting IS and again I have to agree with Galloway the media and western political circus surrounding the Saudi involvements is a pathetic joke, there is no evidence to support that they have actually flown any sorties and if it's anything like the first gulf war, it won't be long before the Saudi government once more forces it's western poodles to allow it's pilot's to start claiming RAF kills, even the yanks wouldn't stoop so low to allow that.

The man was allegedly found 'innocent' of being a spy in a Sharia Court....yet they haeve still murdered him.

They could have got a 1 up-manship here with propaganda if they really wanted to.  They could have released him and tried to make a statement to the world that they arnt the barbaric murderers they are.

The whole religion is hypocritical and barbaric, and as for IS as a whole....the quicker they wipe them off the face of the earth the better.

Show no mercy

I guess this puts the religious nonsense of the thing in the sky looking out for us to bed.

Pray for this and that and everything will be fine, well, I can honestly say if there is an entity that created everything, it definately does not have anything to do with any religion that man has invented. This group are simply pieces of shit that need eradicating and only guns and missiles raining down on their sick minds will see these people off.

No amnesty for any of our own that return from these places, I would rather see them lined up and shot before they set foot on our streets and spew this religious shite again.

Terrible news for the mans family, sounds like he was a proper gent that would put others who are less fortunate than him before himself. One of lifes good guys horrifically slaughtered in the name of a religion.

I guess this puts the religious nonsense of the thing in the sky looking out for us to bed.

Pray for this and that and everything will be fine, well, I can honestly say if there is an entity that created everything, it definately does not have anything to do with any religion that man has invented. This group are simply pieces of shit that need eradicating and only guns and missiles raining down on their sick minds will see these people off.

No amnesty for any of our own that return from these places, I would rather see them lined up and shot before they set foot on our streets and spew this religious shite again.

Terrible news for the mans family, sounds like he was a proper gent that would put others who are less fortunate than him before himself. One of lifes good guys horrifically slaughtered in the name of a religion.

The problem is Screech that pretty much every 'book' that religions use as their 'handbook', is littered with barbaric acts, rape, incest, homophobia, sex discrimination and the like and fundaMENTALISTS will find justification in their despicable acts somewhere within them. I am fed up with religions talking about modernising, modernise your '*******' handbook first and instead of telling their followers to 'follow the 'good book', tell the world these passages have no place in the modern/real world/civilsed world, you only have to look at the Catholic church to see how far out of touch/slow to modernise religion is and that is the largest religion in what passes as the civilised world.

RIP Alan Henning.

The problem is Screech that pretty much every 'book' that religions use as their 'handbook', is littered with barbaric acts, rape, incest, homophobia, sex discrimination and the like and fundaMENTALISTS will find justification in their despicable acts somewhere within them. I am fed up with religions talking about modernising, modernise your '*******' handbook first and instead of telling their followers to 'follow the 'good book', tell the world these passages have no place in the modern/real world/civilsed world, you only have to look at the Catholic church to see how far out of touch/slow to modernise religion is and that is the largest religion in what passes as the civilised world.

RIP Alan Henning.

Yep.

They would need to give up control over people to become a modern face of religion, something they know cannot work.

Religion should have died out when it was discovered the Earth wasn't flat or the centre of the solar system.

Saddam Hussein would have seen off IS. But then things are so much better for the Iraqi people now, aren't they?

By now, Saddam may have stepped down in favour of his eldest son, Uday. 

Uday was a complete psychopath, he made Saddam look like a pussy in comparison.

For all we know, the carnage may have been worse with Uday in control (who probably would have restarted conflict with Iran).

By now, Saddam may have stepped down in favour of his eldest son, Uday. 

Uday was a complete psychopath, he made Saddam look like a pussy in comparison.

For all we know, the carnage may have been worse with Uday in control (who probably would have restarted conflict with Iran).

Possibly, but even he wouldn't have let IS occupy his country.

Possibly, but even he wouldn't have let IS occupy his country.

He was 69 when they hanged him. He'd not last forever. As I said elsewhere, the whole place was a sectarian tinderbox waiting to go off.

Because it's a hellhole now is no reason to pine for a dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people and started a war that killed more than a million.

He is also in a way the dad of IS. His brand of Sunni supremacism has been taken on by them. Lots of their senior people are former Ba'athists from his ruling elite.

Just as you'd not say, "good old Stalin wouldn't have let Chechnya kick off" so no-one should mourn a tyrant who was, it has to be said, one of the world's biggest *****.

He was 69 when they hanged him. He'd not last forever. As I said elsewhere, the whole place was a sectarian tinderbox waiting to go off.

Because it's a hellhole now is no reason to pine for a dictator who murdered hundreds of thousands of his own people and started a war that killed more than a million.

He is also in a way the dad of IS. His brand of Sunni supremacism has been taken on by them. Lots of their senior people are former Ba'athists from his ruling elite.

Just as you'd not say, "good old Stalin wouldn't have let Chechnya kick off" so no-one should mourn a tyrant who was, it has to be said, one of the world's biggest *****.

The 'he' I was referring to was Saddam's appalling son. And I wasn't mourning Saddam. Just pointing out the simple fact that there's been no effective government in Iraq since Saddam was overthrown.

The 'he' I was referring to was Saddam's appalling son. And I wasn't mourning Saddam. Just pointing out the simple fact that there's been no effective government in Iraq since Saddam was overthrown.

No, I realise that Aiz, and I realise you hadn't joined the Arab Ba'athist Movement of Iraq. I was just using your post as a starting pointfor my discourse .

My argument would be that there hadn't been an effective government in Iraq under Saddam. It's just he wasn't dopey enough to behead Westerners so we ignore the many thousands he did murder.

No, I realise that Aiz, and I realise you hadn't joined the Arab Ba'athist Movement of Iraq. I was just using your post as a starting pointfor my discourse .

My argument would be that there hadn't been an effective government in Iraq under Saddam. It's just he wasn't dopey enough to behead Westerners so we ignore the many thousands he did murder.

You are correct but one thing is for sure if either Hussein was still in charge, we now know that they had absolutely no WMD and certainly none that could be deployed for the destruction of the world in 45 minutes, Although the rest of the area would/are still sat on their oil rich cowardly arses waiting for the west to go in and do 'their' fighting (because let's face it they have the most too lose) I suspect Iraqi forces under which ever Hussein was in charge would be fighting and not running away and one piece of recent history might have stopped what is happening now, the 2nd and illegal Iraq invasion and also who knows maybe the west could have done another 180 degree turn and the Hussein's would again be our bestest buddy once more and we could sell him more arms.

As for the highlighted portion we have ignored it everywhere else it occurs including the small matter of a neighbouring country called Syria where all of this blew up in the first place, an overnight road to Dasmascus occurrence saw to that.

Also Iraq has not had an effective government since and perhaps another reason Iraqi forces are fairing so badly is they haven't been giving the weapons and other equipment that they have paid for.

You are correct but one thing is for sure if either Hussein was still in charge, we now know that they had absolutely no WMD and certainly none that could be deployed for the destruction of the world in 45 minutes, Although the rest of the area would/are still sat on their oil rich cowardly arses waiting for the west to go in and do 'their' fighting (because let's face it they have the most too lose) I suspect Iraqi forces under which ever Hussein was in charge would be fighting and not running away and one piece of recent history might have stopped what is happening now, the 2nd and illegal Iraq invasion and also who knows maybe the west could have done another 180 degree turn and the Hussein's would again be our bestest buddy once more and we could sell him more arms.

As for the highlighted portion we have ignored it everywhere else it occurs including the small matter of a neighbouring country called Syria where all of this blew up in the first place, an overnight road to Dasmascus occurrence saw to that.

Also Iraq has not had an effective government since and perhaps another reason Iraqi forces are fairing so badly is they haven't been giving the weapons and other equipment that they have paid for.

I'm less sure that jihadists wouldn't successfully challenge a 80-something year old Saddam. They challenged and won success in Syria against that dictator after all.

The thing with WMD's is Saddam was developing them. We know that from scientists who'd worked for the regime, and he had stocks of illegal chemical weapons - as used against the Kurds and Marsh Arabs. But the warheads project had to be scrapped due to the sanctions.

It goes to show that non-lethal coercion can work in such cases. If Saddam had been more open with the UN inspectors, he might not have met such an abrupt end too!

I'm less sure that jihadists wouldn't successfully challenge a 80-something year old Saddam. They challenged and won success in Syria against that dictator after all.

The thing with WMD's is Saddam was developing them. We know that from scientists who'd worked for the regime, and he had stocks of illegal chemical weapons - as used against the Kurds and Marsh Arabs. But the warheads project had to be scrapped due to the sanctions.

It goes to show that non-lethal coercion can work in such cases. If Saddam had been more open with the UN inspectors, he might not have met such an abrupt end too!

Like the illegal stock piles of chemical weapons that Syria have/had.

i'm sure they would have challenged an 80 year old Saddam, but the Iraqi forces especially it's so called officers would have thought twice about the cowardice that they have up until recently been showing.

it also shows had Bush and Blair been more patient with the UN inspectors war would almost certainly have been avoided, but as everybody actually knows, the decision for war had been made long before the dodgy documents and dodgy UN so called mandate were issued, Bush and Blair were going in come what may and everybody know it and they were wrong end of, if you want evidence read the testimony to the Butler review of Carne Ross the UK's UN delegation's middle east expert during the UN negotiations.

So stopped in their tracks at Kobani. Who said airstrikes wont work?

SAA pushing them back at De -Eizor? Kurds taking and holding ground in the north of Iraq. I'd say they've reached a high water mark.

Well, some people (on here) question whether air strikes will work.

Provide the Kurds with the heavy guns, artillery and perhaps tanks that they have asked for and need, and they will make a formidable foe for the IS scumbags. Continue with the air strikes against IS supply lines and infrastructure, and in time they will weaken.

People forget just how tough and courageous the Kurdish Peshmerga are, even the women fighters !

A recent report caught my eye about IS torturing a Peshmerga fighter. Not being content to leave his head half severed, they poured salt into his wounds, to compound his agony. Still he had the strength to denounce them, and spit at them. 

Had to laugh at the Kurdish protests over the weekend.

First they blocked the M4 Second Severn Crossing. I doubt IS have ever heard of this bridge; and doubt that it forms any part of their "mission plan". All this did was piss off some motorists ! 

And secondly, the "march" across College Green to City Hall. Just who were they protesting to ? I can only assume it Was Red Trousers !

Perhaps he might donate some bicycles, for the fight against IS ?

Well, some people (on here) question whether air strikes will work.

Provide the Kurds with the heavy guns, artillery and perhaps tanks that they have asked for and need, and they will make a formidable foe for the IS scumbags. Continue with the air strikes against IS supply lines and infrastructure, and in time they will weaken.

People forget just how tough and courageous the Kurdish Peshmerga are, even the women fighters !

A recent report caught my eye about IS torturing a Peshmerga fighter. Not being content to leave his head half severed, they poured salt into his wounds, to compound his agony. Still he had the strength to denounce them, and spit at them.

And why aren't the Turks helping? I thought they were in NATO, or is that just for show?

Archived