IGNORED

Steve Cotterill/best City Manager For A Long,long Time

Motorwayman

Completely agree about the current feel good factor. The march to the play off final against Hull is hard to top- trouble is that the result sort of took away the glory of getting there and then the 5 season decline that followed consigned this amazing achievement to the dustbin of history.

Mid table would not be giving us that same warm glow. It's because we're top, unbeaten, have bought well ( for once), have a currently popular manager , a stadium under major redevelopment and an owner who has reconnected to the club and fans.

A losing sequence would soon bring out the doubters- just wait!

Until SC has won us promotion, he is looking really good but has a long way to go before we can really say" Arise, Sir Steve".

A appreciate your comments...always never over the top and common sense.

I've said in previous posts...the hardest part for SC will not be getting us promotion, but what we do after that.

That will test the mettle of this Club and the manager.

As SC recently alluded too...being at a Club at the right time always helps.

The only thing I can be slightly critical of at the moment is his "substitutions by numbers policy", I haven't seen anything that suggests huge tactical thought behind his changes, they seem to be the same no matter what the situation is in the game. It's a small thing right now, but I can imagine those who are waiting to pounce making more of it if results slide.

He has turned a lame donkey into a pedigree race horse in just nine months!

That alone makes him rather special in my opinion. It took AD several seasons of avoiding relegation before he moulded a team capable of sustained success. Likewise Fred Ford took five years to get us up in 1966.

Terry Cooper worked a miracle to dig us out of the fourth and Joe Jordan 1989 had a very good side to go up.

So I am not saying he is the best of all yet but he is making us believe that things are possible.

PS. I am not a JJ lover but he also did pretty well in 2007-9.

Archived