IGNORED

Steve Cotterill/best City Manager For A Long,long Time

Motorwayman

Give the man some credit, its remarkable what he has done in such a short amount of time.

The man has bought in some fansatic players,most are capable of competing at Championship standard. The balance of the team is great and the unity he has brought to the club in less than one year is AWESOME!

I am not sure of his win percentage since he took over? I would imagine it has to be the best of any City Manager ever?

COYR

All the best

Players in our XI that Cotterill hasn't bought in

Fielding

Williams

Flint

Bryan

4 out of 11 with 1 coming through the youth setup

Just goes to show how fantastic his signings have been and how well they've gelled. Continue this run at Walsall!

You reds!!!!! :banana:

Totally agree with your comment, its not luck, the Manager has signed players that are all hard working, have quality,and a winning mentality! Compare his team rebuilding to Van Gaal!     

To hell with how much money we paid. We needed a manager to galvarnise the club and he has done that, we were a sinking ship until he came here and we chucked a lot of money about before he arrived and it never worked.

Sometimes you just need a manager who fits in well with the club and he does

Mute point, SL has backed all of his managers, most didn't spend wisely and proved themselves inept and the claim yesterday was the fee from Baldock pretty much paid for the 7 signings.

Absolutely.

Cotterill's net spend this transfer window is zero.

Absolutely.

Cotterill's net spend this transfer window is zero.

To be fair, the Baldock money didn't come in until after SL had backed Cotterill with the funds to buy the players we have signed and at the time it wasn't a foregone conclusion that Baldock was leaving.

The way I see it is we should still have a fairly large lump to spend in January if need be.

To hell with how much money we paid. We needed a manager to galvarnise the club and he has done that, we were a sinking ship until he came here and we chucked a lot of money about before he arrived and it never worked.

Sometimes you just need a manager who fits in well with the club and he does

This is basically what Steve Claridge said on the Football League Show.. I don't usually agree with Claridge but this time he and you are spot on 

which two then???

Noble whose ability was head and shoulders above all the others and Basso who was a useful goalkeeper.

Shame that Johnson wouldn't play him because he thought Noble was 'lazy'. He just didn't couldn't see that skill and ability are far more beneficial to any team than running around a lot.

I think people may have misunderstood me. I was not diminishing what SC has done in any way. I was merely saying the plaudits should go to the wider club, including board etc. We are extremely lucky to have SL in place, I doubt SC will have been so successful were he working for an owner like those at Blackpool, Leeds, Cardiff etc.

However, I agree that in terms of Bristol city SC is the best manager since GJ.

Come on get real ..... 

McCombe was brilliant for City as his reception v Doncaster shows

Fontaine did his bit for all but last season

McAllister was a loyal servant who always played well for City

Basso was not as good as we wll thought he was...... 

Lee Johnson was a vital cog in the play off push (I beleive that had he not been injured we'd have gone up automatically!)

I could go on....

Don't be so blinkered

Archived