IGNORED

Chesterfield

Alex_BCFC

Done very well so far and a decent win against Sheffield United yesterday.

But their keeper was sent off and from the highlights, their reserve one looked nervous.

They don't have a JPT game though like us so will be well rested up. Just hope we don't sit back like last few games.

Not sure how many of the first team will get a run out in the JPT.  Expecting to see a full team of fringe players get a run out with a few of the kids.

Cotts said on RB that at least 6 of the starting 11 from today have to play as its in the rules but I can see Pack, Burns, Wagstaff  JET and Cunningham come in for a 1st team run out

Cotts said on RB that at least 6 of the starting 11 from today have to play as its in the rules but I can see Pack, Burns, Wagstaff  JET and Cunningham come in for a 1st team run out

Do the rules say how long the players must be on the pitch?

5 minutes for frank then sub him?

Possibly the worst ever seen on tv.

I guess he got up shortly afterwards when play resumed ?

Should be fined for that.

It was ******* cringeworthy. He just kept going......flipping around on the floor like a beached dolphin.

Think we may see it again on Soccer am this Saturday

Their reserve keeper is only 16. Remember seeing him play earlier on in the season when their main one got sent off! Twice already guy seems a liability ... Hope we put a large amount of pressure on the kid early on and kill it off!

Also wouldn't mind seeing a goal celebration absolutely tearing the guy feigning injury to absolute shreds as it seems he is close friends with mark little by the post he put on instagram

Their reserve keeper is only 16. Remember seeing him play earlier on in the season when their main one got sent off! Twice already guy seems a liability ... Hope we put a large amount of pressure on the kid early on and kill it off!

Also wouldn't mind seeing a goal celebration absolutely tearing the guy feigning injury to absolute shreds as it seems he is close friends with mark little by the post he put on instagram

Alright gents (and ladies). Chesterfield fan here. Joined to just correct this post. 

He's 18 actually and not a reserve keeper as we don't have a reserve side. He's from the 'development' squad - sort of a youth team.

I think you may be confused - Tommy Lee hasn't been sent off before yesterday - that was the lad's league debut. He did seem rather nervous but whether he plays or we recall our 2nd choice from his loan at Accrington Stanley I don't know.

Alright gents (and ladies). Chesterfield fan here. Joined to just correct this post. 

He's 18 actually and not a reserve keeper as we don't have a reserve side. He's from the 'development' squad - sort of a youth team.

I think you may be confused - Tommy Lee hasn't been sent off before yesterday - that was the lad's league debut. He did seem rather nervous but whether he plays or we recall our 2nd choice from his loan at Accrington Stanley I don't know.

Hi, and welcome.

I think the point being made was that the No 1 he replaced had already been sent off before?

No real views on Chesterfield, other than they are doing well, and obviously a top scorer. What can we expect?

We try and play football. No hoof-ball at all as dictated by the manager. We will play 4-2-3-1 and I suspect it's not likely to be 0-0.

I think it's fair to say we'd be delighted with a point. It'd suit us to be underestimated but I doubt Cotterill is that daft.

No relevance to next week of course but our historic record in the city of Bristol is abysmal - though we have won two of the last three at your place. 

:grr:

Problem? If you saw the MK Dons 2nd half and Walsall you know that we did sit back. I didn't got to Fleetwood but I suspect the same was true at 3-2 up.

When we go for teams we actually cause them a lot of problems. After Walsall scored we woke up and decided we might like to win the game but it was too late and the sitting back had already cost us.

Problem? If you saw the MK Dons 2nd half and Walsall you know that we did sit back. I didn't got to Fleetwood but I suspect the same was true at 3-2 up.

When we go for teams we actually cause them a lot of problems. After Walsall scored we woke up and decided we might like to win the game but it was too late and the sitting back had already cost us.

I expect that the previous posters' frustration comes about from us having scored 13 goals in our last 5 games, yet being accused of sitting back.

At Wallsall you could clearly see the players struggling to see anything because of the bright sunshine directly in their eyes until the last 5-10 mins of the second half.

I'm sure this had some baring on the way we played for 35 mins in the 2nd half.

I expect that the previous posters' frustration comes about from us having scored 13 goals in our last 5 games, yet being accused of sitting back.

At Wallsall you could clearly see the players struggling to see anything because of the bright sunshine directly in their eyes until the last 5-10 mins of the second half.

I'm sure this had some baring on the way we played for 35 mins in the 2nd half.

THAT was what we were mentioning at the time, must have had some effect, surely !

We try and play football. No hoof-ball at all as dictated by the manager. We will play 4-2-3-1 and I suspect it's not likely to be 0-0.

I think it's fair to say we'd be delighted with a point. It'd suit us to be underestimated but I doubt Cotterill is that daft.

No relevance to next week of course but our historic record in the city of Bristol is abysmal - though we have won two of the last three at your place. 

Chesterfield come to Bristol as one of the 'chasing pack' if you will, therefore there will be no question of under estimation of your team, which continues to do very well particularly considering the financial restraints, an issue we all know that does not afflict us.

I'm sure Chesterfield will sort out their goal keeping issue, however I would add that if your reserve has gone out recently you may not be able to recall him, nevertheless the loan market or emergency loan market is available and I'm sure there will be someone competent between the sticks on Saturday even if it is the 18 year old!

City will attack you and if you allow it will attack you on the break, so yes I see goals as Chesterfield have an inform striker that can cause problems particularly as when we are ahead we seem to try and close games but fail, hence at the moment this is a problem that the team will continue to work on.

I wont wish you luck on Saturday as you know I don't mean it, but having worked for years with a Chesterfield fan in London I hope you do well this season (but not to well)

There will be a sell out or close so if you're coming buy your tickets in advance (our ground is being rebuilt so capacity is about 13k!)

Hope this all helps....I have no clue what boozers visitors go to, so cant help you there! perhaps someone else can

Cotts said on RB that at least 6 of the starting 11 from today have to play as its in the rules but I can see Pack, Burns, Wagstaff JET and Cunningham come in for a 1st team run out

6 of Saturday's line up have to start. Doesn't mean 1 or 2 of them can't be subbed early doors :whistle2:

Archived