IGNORED

Dewani Trial

myol'man

I think the state take the blame for this one.. the evidence against him and the way it was presented was laughable.

Home for Christmas and no more mental health issues...?

Why do people think this is a shocking verdict? The sum total of the evidence against him was the testimony of two convicted murderers and the fact that he was bi-sexual. Looking back through the thread, I think some peoples opinions on this have been coloured by the fact he is by all accounts a spoiled ******, but last time I checked, that's not admissible evidence in a murder trial. It's been a sham from start to finish

How can you 'think he did it', when a judge has explained that there is no evidence?!?

Thank god we don't have ducking stools in Bristol anymore. 

He did not 'get away with it', and they already have the murderer in prison on a life tariff.

:grr:

TFR

How can you 'think he did it', when a judge has explained that there is no evidence?!?

Thank god we don't have ducking stools in Bristol anymore. 

He did not 'get away with it', and they already have the murderer in prison on a life tariff.

:grr:

TFR

So you actually think he had nothing to do with it?!

We'll never know now if he did have any involvement - the evidence from the state certainly makes him look like he had no involvement. However I'd have like to seen him stand in the witness box and see what he really had to say.

So you actually think he had nothing to do with it?!

I'll answer. I don't know, I wasn't there. You don't know, you were not there. The judge doesn't know she wasn't there. She though has some facts to go on to make the decision.

Only people who know the truth are the accused and those already jailed.

Do you think he did it? If so what evidence do you have that the judge didn't?

I don't have a clue.

looks to me this was more about the police not doing their job and trying to frame someone rather then some one getting away with murder,

they had four years to put together a case and it sounded as if they did it in four minutes,

It sounds to me this was 3 people framing some one innocent in order to get a shorter sentance

Looks like a complete setup with a whole lot of lies being fed to the prosecution. Interesting the police officer in charge of the investigation was friends of the murder victim on facebook!  How unprofessional.

If he did or didn't do it,I can't believe this ever got to trial, all the evidence is flimsy at best, and out right lies at worst. Shocking.   

With all of those ripping into the guy,is it not in the realms of possibility he was setup by a unhappy suicidal wife?  It has as much credence and is the kind of substantiated accusation that he seem to have got  from many.. and judging by the setup from the police down to the murderers... on facts probably has more credence, even if completely made up by me!

You have to feel for the family of the victim, and the situation is terrible for them, although a murderer is in prison for the act.

As for the accused - four years of hell, for which, I presume, he will be suitably compensated - after all, the SA state have 'had their satisfaction' from this UK citizen.

No real winners - for want of a better word.

TFR

P.S. This is a victory for evidence based justice over MOB rule.

Suspect the number of blokes booking honeymoons to South Africa has quadrupled in the last few hours....

There was a Panorama on last year that systematically pulled apart the prosecution case point by point with extensive use of cctv. When I saw that I thought it'll be really hard to get a conviction. In fact it *almost* convinced me of his complete innocence.

I did think it was very strange though that the BBC went to so much effort to show him as not guilty when the majority of the media coverage seemed to lean the other way.

Thank goodness the world isn't governed by your eyes.

You don't have to go along with every court's verdict, Dave. SA has as bad a record of judicial mistrials as the US and as out there, it seems you can buy your way to freedom in its system.

I think he's guilty and got away with it too. I'd tell him to his face, should I ever meet him. Let's see him give evidence in a UK civil court facing an "in the balance of probabilities" verdict.

You don't have to go along with every court's verdict, Dave. SA has as bad a record of judicial mistrials as the US and as out there, it seems you can buy your way to freedom in its system.

I think he's guilty and got away with it too. I'd tell him to his face, should I ever meet him. Let's see him give evidence in a UK civil court facing an "in the balance of probabilities" verdict.

The US and SA, what about a bit closer to home? We probably have one of the most corrupt judicial systems in the Western world.

Archived