IGNORED

Looking Forward To Monday Night. (Merged Fa Cup Threads)

Roadrunner

Who would you want? - your flying in the league so would you rather have a cup run or go out early leaving you to ensure your good league form continues?

Personally a Bristol Derby would be a intersting distraction ... you'd realistacally beat us easily with the teams we both have , the potential for crowd trouble wouldnt do either side many favours, and a high risk of injuries from a cut and thrust derby  , so best avioded in my book.

Be good to see WSM get one of the Bristol Clubs though

I don't want Rovers. We have an important month of league fixtures and don't want our focus disrupted by the circus that would accompany a derby game.

Very well said guys. It is absolutely a distraction we do not need or want.

Very well said guys. It is absolutely a distraction we do not need or want.

My thoughts too.

No interest in playing them any time soon.

Home tie against someone we could realistically beat with a second string team (am I right in thinking the JOT rules RE regulars don't apply in the FA Cup).

Or York City away, as could make that match and have York supporting family.

No interest at all in playing Rovers, it would be a shite draw and the last thing we need at the moment.

Looking at the teams in the hat there are a plethora of potentially interesting ties to be had at this stage of the Cup without all the hassle and hype of a local derby.

Let's hope we land one of them.

Ok - so I have a Lithuanian colleague, and I try to teach her something new about our way of life everyday. This is normally a new swear word and where it's ok to use, where it goes in a sentence etc (useful stuff)

So, today at lunch we were chatting about what we got up to at the weekends, I said I went to Gloucester - FGR in the FA Cup.....turns out she's never heard of it, so today's lesson was about the FA Cup, and that tonight is the draw etc etc. She's never heard of a draw (what do they do in Lithuania?) so we set up a mock draw so she could see what it was all about, so she could get the buzz and tune in tonight to see who City get (she will end up a City fan if it kills me)

I can now reveal that the 22nd tie she drew out of the hat was:

Bristol R*vers - Bristol City

Other ties to watch out for, a derby for Plymouth - Exeter, and I guess that Orient - Dartford must be pretty much a derby?? WSM get Gillingham at home, Swindon go to Spennymoor / AFC Telford, FGR get a visit from Sheff Utd

There you go, no need to watch it now folks, the (Lithuanian) balls (folded up bits of paper) have spoken

Ok - so I have a Lithuanian colleague, and I try to teach her something new about our way of life everyday. This is normally a new swear word and where it's ok to use, where it goes in a sentence etc (useful stuff)

So, today at lunch we were chatting about what we got up to at the weekends, I said I went to Gloucester - FGR in the FA Cup.....turns out she's never heard of it, so today's lesson was about the FA Cup, and that tonight is the draw etc etc. She's never heard of a draw (what do they do in Lithuania?) so we set up a mock draw so she could see what it was all about, so she could get the buzz and tune in tonight to see who City get (she will end up a City fan if it kills me)

Other ties to watch out for, a derby for Plymouth - Exeter, and I guess that Orient - Dartford must be pretty much a derby?? WSM get Gillingham at home, Swindon go to Spennymoor / AFC Telford, FGR get a visit from Sheff Utd

There you go, no need to watch it now folks, the (Lithuanian) balls (folded up bits of paper) have spoken

You sure know how to show a lady a good time Woodsy they must be falling over themselves to get a date with you . ;0)

I reckon I could teach her a thing or two.

Go on Woodsy I dare you to try and explain to her 'Pollrumptious Daffock' 'UNAN' and 'Horse Puncher' :laughcont: 

Go on Woodsy I dare you to try and explain to her 'Pollrumptious Daffock' 'UNAN' and 'Horse Puncher' :laughcont: 

Unan quite possibly would mean something to her, don't even understand 'pollrumptious daffock' myself if I'm honest, another colleague told her the 'shitszu' 'shit zoo' joke at lunch time, I think it's best we leave punching horses for today, she is still scratching her head about the joke.....!!

Archived