IGNORED

Looking Forward To Monday Night. (Merged Fa Cup Threads)

Roadrunner

Not sure if it would count for FA Cup games as you have to give 15-25% don't you?

Would personally like to avoid the hassle, distraction and general likelyhood of it being blood and guts on pitch - loose a player to an injury and ask was it worth it?

I think Dave L confirmed the special dispensation of away fans limited to 1,100 extended to all cup games including the FA Cup.

The thing I don't like about the cups is drawing anyone we would play in the league this year. So anyone outside League one is good, with my preference for non-league. Not because we might beat them, but that's what the FA cup should be about.

We aren't going to win it, rather concentrate on the league. Let some deserving team draw us and give them a game to always remember and a pay day to match

1 - Accrington Stanley 2 - AFC Wimbledon

3 - Barnsley 4 - Bradford

5 - Bristol City 6 - Burton Albion

7 - Bury 8 - Cambridge

9 - Carlisle 10 - Cheltenham

11 - Chesterfield 12 - Colchester

13 - Coventry 14 - Crawley

15 - Crewe 16 - Dagenham & Redbridge

17 - Doncaster 18 - Exeter

19 - Fleetwood 20 - Gillingham

21 - Hartlepool 22 - Leyton Orient

23 - Luton 24 - Mansfield

25 - MK Dons 26 - Morecambe

27 - Newport 28 - Northampton

29 - Notts County 30 - Oldham

31 - Oxford 32 - Peterborough

33 - Plymouth 34 - Port Vale

35 - Portsmouth 36 - Preston

37 - Rochdale 38 - S****horpe

39 - Sheffield United 40 - Shrewsbury

41 - Southend 42 - Stevenage

43 - Swindon 44 - Tranmere

45 - Walsall 46 - Wycombe

47 - Yeovil 48 - York City

49 - Spennymoor Town or AFC Telford

50 - AFC Fylde

51 - Grimsby

52 - Norton or Shildon

53 - Warrington Town

54 - Alfreton or Lincoln

55 - Macclesfield or Wrexham

56 - Chorley or Halifax

57 - Altrincham

58 - Leek or Blyth Spartans

59 - Chester

60 - Gateshead

61 - Tamworth or Southport

62 - Bristol Rovers

63 - East Thurrock

64 - Forest Green Rovers

65 - Dartford

66 - Maidstone

67 - Gosport Borough

68 - Weston-Super-Mare

69 - Eastbourne Borough or Dover Athletic

70 - Weymouth or Braintree

71 - Worcester City or Greenwich Borough

72 - Canvey Island or Havant & Waterlooville

73 - Concord Rangers

74 - Basingstoke or Harrow Borough

75 - Aldershot

76 - Eastleigh

77 - Bromley

78 - Chelmsford or Barnet

79 - Nuneaton or Hemel Hempstead

80 - Woking

Playing Concord Rangers would have a nice historical ring to it...

80 teams = 40 games and the Bristol area has four teams involved; City, Rovers, FGR & WSM. There is a 1 in 27 chance of any two of those four being paired together.

Should all four progress to round two they'd form 10% of the draw; which would be a fine advert for the region and help dispel the myth we are a football backwater. There is a 1 in 13 chance of any two of those four being paired together.

80 teams = 40 games and the Bristol area has four teams involved; City, Rovers, FGR & WSM. There is a 1 in 27 chance of any two of those four being paired together.

Should all four progress to round two they'd form 10% of the draw; which would be a fine advert for the region and help dispel the myth we are a football backwater. There is a 1 in 13 chance of any two of those four being paired together.

Push it out to include Plymouth, Cheltenham, Exeter and Yeovil, Swindon and the chance of city playing them is about 10%.

I would imagine there would be a good chance of being on live TV being that (at the moment) we are the top ranking club in the draw.

It appears the BBC have a game on the Friday night and BT have 2 on Saturday evening. Not sure if that is it - FA website says the ties are to be played from 7th - 10th and I can't see why games will be on Sunday and Monday if not for TV. There may be one or two clashes due to ground shares etc but surely Sunday would be enough. With 3 ties on TV and 40 games all things being equal there is a 7.5% chance of any game being on TV but as you say we are currently the top ranked team in the competition and one of the biggest teams in the competition.

I also read somewhere that when it comes to TV viewing figures the Bristol teams (both us and Rovers) tend to "outperform" what our league positions/crowds would suggest we would get - basically loads of people will watch us on TV but can't be bothered to attend games. Another thing which I suppose may go in our favour is Bristol is a wealthy city with higher than average salaries therefore more disposable income and by extension more attractive to advertisers (and more likely to sign up to BT Sport to watch a game) but I'm not sure if that will figure in BT's thinking!

Weston away would be class!

Really? Surely we need to be thinking beyond Weston S Mare as being 'class', to be involved in the 1st round proper is bad enough, stuff the JPT and all the quaintness of all that non league minnow carp (blimey consecutive fish) what we need is to set our sights on is the Champions League , minimum, Weston , I ask you... :facepalm:   

Who would you want? - your flying in the league so would you rather have a cup run or go out early leaving you to ensure your good league form continues?

Personally a Bristol Derby would be a intersting distraction ... you'd realistacally beat us easily with the teams we both have , the potential for crowd trouble wouldnt do either side many favours, and a high risk of injuries from a cut and thrust derby  , so best avioded in my book.

Be good to see WSM get one of the Bristol Clubs though

Archived