IGNORED

Looking Forward To Monday Night. (Merged Fa Cup Threads)

Roadrunner

Looking forward to Monday night  19.00 BBC2 FA Cup 1st round draw. I have always loved the FA Cup. Would be wonderful to go on a run and reach the 5th or 6th round. I know some will say lets go out in the 1st round and concentrate on the league. With this squad I think we can do well in both.Who do I want in the 1st round? 

Concord Rangers or Weston Super Mare or Forest Green at home.

Eastleigh or Gosport away.

I've absolutely no interest in seing us drawing NLBR. Its clear to even the most deluded of sags that we are the only worthwhile team in Bristol. we've got nothing to prove by playing and beating them again (likely) and everything to lose by losing to them (unlikely).

Lets get Weston Super Mare away!

Nlbr at home so we can sing songs about Colin Daniels whilst wooping them 5 nil

Would be the worst possible draw for both clubs. Neither us or them need the distraction of a Bristol derby this season. As somebody else pointed out on another thread it's a massive no win situation for us anyway.

Win by a cricket score = "oh well, you're owned by a billionaire blah blah blah"

Win by a narrow margin = "it's a moral victory fer da Gas cos you're owned by a billionaire"

Lose, **** me, you'd never hear the end of it.

Some non league Northern club at home will do.

Would be the worst possible draw for both clubs. Neither us or them need the distraction of a Bristol derby this season. As somebody else pointed out on another thread it's a massive no win situation for us anyway.

Win by a cricket score = "oh well, you're owned by a billionaire blah blah blah"

Win by a narrow margin = "it's a moral victory fer da Gas cos you're owned by a billionaire"

Out of likes ,and I said something similar so.

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:

I would prefer us to get some northern non league team that we've never played before. I would like to see Yeovil or Weston get the Gas, failing that Rovers away to Port Vale, que Sir Colin of Daniel !

The Donkeys will be worried if they do :boxing:

Blimey, some people far too worried about a draw against Rovers.

Hope we get them and subsequently dispatch them with ease. Not wanting to risk losing or giving them a 'moral victory'? Do me a favour.

Unfortunately there's no guarantees in a cup match. You were probably one of the posters predicting before the JPT match last year that we were going to win 10-0. The point I was making is that if we 'dispatch them with ease' it will be seen as expected, if they fluke a win (as does happen sometimes in the FA Cup) it will be rammed down our throats for the rest of eternity. I'd prefer it if we didn't have the distraction when we've got a difficult month ahead.

Anyway, what's the favour you want doing?

Unfortunately there's no guarantees in a cup match. You were probably one of the posters predicting before the JPT match last year that we were going to win 10-0. The point I was making is that if we 'dispatch them with ease' it will be seen as expected, if they fluke a win (as does happen sometimes in the FA Cup) it will be rammed down our throats for the rest of eternity. I'd prefer it if we didn't have the distraction when we've got a difficult month ahead.

Anyway, what's the favour you want doing?

Not at all, I never go into a single game expecting a win by any margin.

Football is obviously unpredictable at the best of times, but I hope I will never, ever, be fearful of playing Bristol Rovers in case they beat us.

The 'dispatching them with ease' is obviously a hope, but it's always good to have a chance at beating them, no matter how low they languish.

The favour is that you publicly announce your happiness if we draw them, whether you mean it or not. Make me happy :D x

but I hope I will never, ever, be fearful of playing Bristol Rovers in case they beat us.

The favour is that you publicly announce your happiness if we draw them, whether you mean it or not. Make me happy :D x

I'm never 'fearful' of us playing Bristol Rovers or anything to do with Bristol Rovers, I just think that as they are clear underdogs the pressure is by far greater for us. I find league derbies against them far more enjoyable than cup matches against them when they have little to lose and we've got to hear about it for years if they spawn a result.

I am a 'cup half full' person when it comes to football. I will announce my happiness if we draw them AFTER we've beaten them ;)

Gashead in peace, agree completely with this post Peter. Whilst a lot of our lot are saying it would be a good draw for us i dont agree. 

Realistically you would probably beat us by 3 or so goals, probably more if it was at Ashton, plus with the extra allocation teams get with the fa cup more scope for trouble and for us that would tip the fa over the edge could potentially be points deduction/big fine.

You just know we are going to get Port vale away and a certain someone will score  :facepalm:

Gashead in peace, agree completely with this post Peter. Whilst a lot of our lot are saying it would be a good draw for us i dont agree. 

Realistically you would probably beat us by 3 or so goals, probably more if it was at Ashton, plus with the extra allocation teams get with the fa cup more scope for trouble and for us that would tip the fa over the edge could potentially be points deduction/big fine.

You just know we are going to get Port vale away and a certain someone will score  :facepalm:

Who, Chris Lines? :)

1 - Accrington Stanley 2 - AFC Wimbledon

3 - Barnsley 4 - Bradford

5 - Bristol City 6 - Burton Albion

7 - Bury 8 - Cambridge

9 - Carlisle 10 - Cheltenham

11 - Chesterfield 12 - Colchester

13 - Coventry 14 - Crawley

15 - Crewe 16 - Dagenham & Redbridge

17 - Doncaster 18 - Exeter

19 - Fleetwood 20 - Gillingham

21 - Hartlepool 22 - Leyton Orient

23 - Luton 24 - Mansfield

25 - MK Dons 26 - Morecambe

27 - Newport 28 - Northampton

29 - Notts County 30 - Oldham

31 - Oxford 32 - Peterborough

33 - Plymouth 34 - Port Vale

35 - Portsmouth 36 - Preston

37 - Rochdale 38 - S****horpe

39 - Sheffield United 40 - Shrewsbury

41 - Southend 42 - Stevenage

43 - Swindon 44 - Tranmere

45 - Walsall 46 - Wycombe

47 - Yeovil 48 - York City

49 - Spennymoor Town or AFC Telford

50 - AFC Fylde

51 - Grimsby

52 - Norton or Shildon

53 - Warrington Town

54 - Alfreton or Lincoln

55 - Macclesfield or Wrexham

56 - Chorley or Halifax

57 - Altrincham

58 - Leek or Blyth Spartans

59 - Chester

60 - Gateshead

61 - Tamworth or Southport

62 - Bristol Rovers

63 - East Thurrock

64 - Forest Green Rovers

65 - Dartford

66 - Maidstone

67 - Gosport Borough

68 - Weston-Super-Mare

69 - Eastbourne Borough or Dover Athletic

70 - Weymouth or Braintree

71 - Worcester City or Greenwich Borough

72 - Canvey Island or Havant & Waterlooville

73 - Concord Rangers

74 - Basingstoke or Harrow Borough

75 - Aldershot

76 - Eastleigh

77 - Bromley

78 - Chelmsford or Barnet

79 - Nuneaton or Hemel Hempstead

80 - Woking

You just know we are going to get Port vale away and a certain someone will score :facepalm:

No extra allocation at The Gate this season, with the redevelopment underway the club have some dispensation around the allocation of tickets, so if it's The Owls, The Rams, The Black Cats or THE HORSE ABUSERS, the number of tickets they'll get is greatly reduced.

No extra allocation at The Gate this season, with the redevelopment underway the club have some dispensation around the allocation of tickets, so if it's The Owls, The Rams, The Black Cats or THE HORSE ABUSERS, the number of tickets they'll get is greatly reduced.

Not sure if it would count for FA Cup games as you have to give 15-25% don't you?

Would personally like to avoid the hassle, distraction and general likelyhood of it being blood and guts on pitch - loose a player to an injury and ask was it worth it?

Archived