IGNORED

Block E/f

mightyreds89

The club will want the "Eastenders" to congregate in the South Stand ie: as far away as possible from away fans.

I expect the Dolman A/B to be redesignated as the Family Stand area to prevent the EE relocating there once the Ateyo becomes away fans only.

Either that or there will be some restrictions in place as there are for the Williams Block A as no new S/T's were sold or any seats sold online for this block this season, and they're are always lots of empty seats there - even when it's a so called sell out.

I was surprised the E Enders allowed themselves to be basically shoved into a small sterile corner that was always going to be a bit crap once the old EE was demolished.

Not being funny but the club have booted existing STs out to accomodate the EEers, giving them cheaper tickets than anyone else and turning a blind eye to standing. I'm not sure too many clubs would do the same.

Not being funny but the club have booted existing STs out to accomodate the EEers, giving them cheaper tickets than anyone else and turning a blind eye to standing. I'm not sure too many clubs would do the same.

there were few - if any - ST in E block, wasn't that one reason it was chosen? As for standing , I'm watching the manc derby at the moment....3000 man u all stood up, plus one block of city next to them, It happens at lots of grounds.

the point is the atmosphere would be better if they had been allowed to move almost anywhere else. Williams A or Dolman A being best, although there would have been a few more existing ST's there, not that many though to make it impossible

there were few - if any - ST in E block, wasn't that one reason it was chosen? As for standing , I'm watching the manc derby at the moment....3000 man u all stood up, plus one block of city next to them, It happens at lots of grounds.

the point is the atmosphere would be better if they had been allowed to move almost anywhere else. Williams A or Dolman A being best, although there would have been a few more existing ST's there, not that many though to make it impossible

Dolman block A is closed so a lot moved to b block. Still 4 of my mates moved to dolman no problems so it's not like the club forced them I feel it was more they match the existing price and that's where they said those tickets would be

there were few - if any - ST in E block, wasn't that one reason it was chosen?

It worked summat like this .. The chaps [H block Eastend] who got the Eastend open sent the scouts out v MK Dongs into the Williams .. It was empty almost, the Lions bar was there as liqor was required for thirsty men .. So space for a few hundred and the Lions bar = H block Eastend and ?? .. There was room elsewhere in other stands .. The club leapt all over the idea of E and made it so the room elsewhere in other stands wasn't.

I moved from the dolman to the eastend in 2012 and was a season ticket holder in the eastend until It got knocked down. Now back in Dorman block d . Although  the Williams may sing more and are more concentrated I think your underestimating the power of the atyeo and Dolman. Block b do get the whole of the Dolman going and when the team needs the fans, every block from every stand makes their voice heard. I don't think the e/fs blocks are a problem not being close to the away fans.

Surely the point is we all had the choice to sit where we want. The only issue outside block E/F is you can't buy a seat someone's already paid for and you pay the standard rate rather than a significant discount.

Both options sound pretty fair to me.

to be fair if I had to sit down in that block all game I wouldn't of been able to move after the game, they are some of the smallest and most uncomfortable chairs ever so standing it is then.

Surely the point is we all had the choice to sit where we want. The only issue outside block E/F is you can't buy a seat someone's already paid for and you pay the standard rate rather than a significant discount.

Both options sound pretty fair to me.

It was not clear at the relocation meeting how little choice fans would have. The staggered nature of sales, and priority [ quite right] to existing season holders reduced choice further for groups small, large and possibly very large. There was no opportunity to sit where fans wanted as whole blocks in stands which originally had space where excluded from new sales to fans in other stands.

There are fans in the Williams E-F who would have paid more to be elsewhere, if the relocation process, which was difficult for the club to organise and fans to understand had been different.

The point should be what is next. How do the BS - BCFC proceed in future to ensure the best outcome for fans!

Forget about the Eastend, it is gone along with any bold and brave plans to create a support base that is colourful and unique.

What is being asked of the club is for theme to be open and engage thoroughly with support in the manner Jon Lansdown stident promise. As you point out most fans are never on OTIB, which is why there has been a constant request from fans including another today for more information for fans.

I'd be pretty convinced that however the club proceeds regarding seating it will be in the best interests of the club and Bristol Sport ... Bristol Sport and those leading the ground redevelopment area of expertise is based upon hotels and restaurants ... They are not fans.

The club will never ever be able to do this. These things are not created they are developed naturally by the fans. From what I have seen across europe the type of stadium has little or no influence on this. I do believe that rail seating will help, it allows for fluency and movement within the ground but even some all seater stadiums have wonderful support within them, but we can only do what is legal for now.Decrying the fact that the developers are experts in development is an unfair criticism, the future of this club is dependent on the future of Bristol Sport and the income generated. While there is bound to be disappointment that any new ground does not look and feel like the "Old Gate" many aspects of the ground have been desperate for upgrading for years. Personally I would rather embrace the changes and make the best of them, rather than rail against them.

The club will never ever be able to do this. These things are not created they are developed naturally by the fans. From what I have seen across europe the type of stadium has little or no influence on this. I do believe that rail seating will help, it allows for fluency and movement within the ground but even some all seater stadiums have wonderful support within them, but we can only do what is legal for now.Decrying the fact that the developers are experts in development is an unfair criticism, the future of this club is dependent on the future of Bristol Sport and the income generated. While there is bound to be disappointment that any new ground does not look and feel like the "Old Gate" many aspects of the ground have been desperate for upgrading for years. Personally I would rather embrace the changes and make the best of them, rather than rail against them.

That is another to all together. A now demolished stand was an excellent stand for colourful support. It was BCFC's rules [not national regs] that would not allow fans initiatives to develop naturally. What Bristol City fans see at the clubs linked to City fans such as Dortmund and Tilburg is support that is related to design - Yellow Terrace/Kingside and their clubs foresight to allow fans to develop their own ideas. Fans at other clubs e'g Place or Liverpool are allowed to put on displays to which BCFC fans are not .. This is going off on a tangent, if you are really interested in knowing more contact WTMS.

What has been consistently asked from last year for is for fans to see the changes. Fans will make up their own minds and come to informed decisions v ?? At this point Bristol Sport and the FC are breaking precedents seen at any other club in the Country.

Bristol Sport are not experts in the field of being fans.

Your expectation is shared. These designated areas at this point will be will be created by people who have little or , no expertise of being fans.

It has already been made clear that where fans can make a mark it will have to fit in with Bristol Sports vision of what the area should be i.e. Professional. Another view of this can be that professional = sanitised.

A reason amongst reasons new stadia lack atmosphere is because of the lack of fan involvement in their design. We / Us cannot have a huge influence on that, and without seeing detail and images of what BS/BCFC intend fans cannot help to affect the dynamics of these stands.

To a certain extent you can't blame them. Speaking as someone who has stood on the East End for long periods of my City supporting life, for every fan/group like yours there were always others who having been given an inch tried to take a long mile. I hope there will be areas for flags and the great graffitti murals that were allowed in the past, I look forward to singing my heart out (even in my advancing years) but I really don't want to be lumped in with people who want to treat the place like a bear pit and an excuse to get aggressive with stewards and even each other.

Slightly melodramatic.

Hardly .. BCFC was founded by working men with moustaches and played football with a ball so heavy it could knock down bridges, fans owned it, clubs have members ... Now Uncle Steve has some mysterious outfit called BS running the show who are putting a logo of a fanny over what was once BCFC's gaff. This club is turning into one odd sketch off the pitch when fans can't know what the erection being erected behind one goal is.

I am actually quite pleased with the amount of input we have as fans at this club. It isn't as if we are treated like the fans at Newcastle or Cardiff.

Do fans at clubs like Arsenal have the kind of access and input on decisioning some people here seem to crave?

Personally, I think it is great to have access to a channel to input my thoughts on any matter, whether that is direct via a survey or by contacting a fans liaison officer, or indirect via supporters trusts who can offer a view on my behalf.

Beyond that, I do not demand to be asked for my sign off on every matter. I don't care who they recruit to clean the toilets, I don't feel qualified to design a stadium within a set cost budget and my opinion on the design of next seasons shirt is irrelevant because i will no doubt differ in my taste to the next fan.

My club might get some decisions wrong, but they make those decisions based on the information available at the time. That information will include market research but that will have to be one factor, not the only factor.

Meanwhile this forum is perfect evidence that people don't agree on many things, so why should I expect the club to keep everyone happy all of the time?

Hardly .. BCFC was founded by working men with moustaches and played football with a ball so heavy it could knock down bridges, fans owned it, clubs have members ... Now Uncle Steve has some mysterious outfit called BS running the show who are putting a logo of a fanny over what was once BCFC's gaff. This club is turning into one odd sketch off the pitch when fans can't know what the erection being erected behind one goal is.

Oh come on, you'll have us back playing in the park next, what is it with people and progress? I am nearly 53 years old and probably in the generation that is usually considered to be stuck in their ways, but I find this kind of nostalgia for the "good old days" depressing in the extreme. I lived through the 60's and 70's at this club and I remember that Harry Dolman hardly listened to the board let alone the fans. 

In comparison SL and his son are comparatively democratic, it seems people are happy to take his money as long as they can tell him how to spend it, but if you asked every fan at the game on Saturday how they wanted it spent, you would probably get 10,000 different answers. Never mind whether it's a business or a club, you can't run anything like that.

• Admin

I am actually quite pleased with the amount of input we have as fans at this club. It isn't as if we are treated like the fans at Newcastle or Cardiff.

Out of interest what input have "we" pit in that has been listed to?

Ps not correct in comparing a third tier side against Prem sides

Do fans at clubs like Arsenal have the kind of access and input on decisioning some people here seem to crave?

Personally, I think it is great to have access to a channel to input my thoughts on any matter, whether that is direct via a survey or by contacting a fans liaison officer, or indirect via supporters trusts who can offer a view on my behalf.

Beyond that, I do not demand to be asked for my sign off on every matter. I don't care who they recruit to clean the toilets, I don't feel qualified to design a stadium within a set cost budget and my opinion on the design of next seasons shirt is irrelevant because i will no doubt differ in my taste to the next fan.

My club might get some decisions wrong, but they make those decisions based on the information available at the time. That information will include market research but that will have to be one factor, not the only factor.

Meanwhile this forum is perfect evidence that people don't agree on many things, so why should I expect the club to keep everyone happy all of the time?

Arsenal fans knew what their new ground would look like before moving from Highbury. Fans at any club in the Country have renders to study of new stands before stands are demolished, and when they are being built. Even Vincent Tan and Cardiff released images for fans of the latest development prior to it being built!

If you check the Q&A regarding the South stand every question is met with a "I can't answer that."

Questions regarding South stand images = "I can't answer that."

Questions regarding seating arrangements = "I can't answer that."

That is from a club who said they were going to fully engage, consult at every step etc. Bristol City are not being asked to enter into some German style 51% fan ownership model, they are being asked to release images and information for the Supporters of this club.

Out of interest what input have "we" pit in that has been listed to?

Opening the eastend, tolerating standing in the williams, a plane red home shirt, a purple away shirt, the end of music after a goal, dropping premium rate call charging on phone bookings, thatchers on sale in the ground...hell we even get to pick man of the match.

• Admin

Opening the eastend, tolerating standing in the williams, a plane red home shirt, a purple away shirt, the end of music after a goal, dropping premium rate call charging on phone bookings, thatchers on sale in the ground...hell we even get to pick man of the match.

Would disagree on 99% of those - not even sure the club can anything about the EE, remember SL at the time WAS dead against the idea

From petition to opening the Eastend to pay on the day took a period of five years to achieve. Revisiting the history there is of no benefit as it is hardly a glowing example of co-operation between fans and club.

Supporter involvement in the design and selection of the clubs shirt is being decreased by BS - BCFC. Again that is no glowing example of co-operation between fans and club.

Archived