IGNORED

Block E/f

mightyreds89

It seems to me that this gets raised no matter which part of the ground the "singers" go. Maybe the truth is that there isn't large percentage of fans who like to sing long periods of the game. I don't see this as an issue personally, our away support always tends to be pretty vocal which is when the team need support the most.

I thought the whole crowd recognised points in the game today where the team needed or deserved encouragement and almost everyone joined in with chants at those times, other than that they were just enjoying a good performance. 

I can't help think that blocks E/F of the Williams should have all sat at the opposite end near the away fans.... There's a good number of singers but just too far away from the rest of the ground/away fans.... Singing and noise is wasted on no one and drifts out of the ground.....

Simples. The club wouldnt want 'trouble' located so near to away fans. 'Trouble' is not wanted at AG. The fact it would instantly create a better atmosphere is insignificant as BCFC wont want to deal with the issues of voiciferous home fans near to away fans. The fact its completely segregated should enable it to happen but as Bristol is a soft city it wont. I cant wait until the away fans are fully housed in the Atyeo. Blocks a/b of the dolman will be rammed and the atmosphere will intensiphy. Bring on season 2016/17!!!

Simples. The club wouldnt want 'trouble' located so near to away fans. 'Trouble' is not wanted at AG. The fact it would instantly create a better atmosphere is insignificant as BCFC wont want to deal with the issues of voiciferous home fans near to away fans. The fact its completely segregated should enable it to happen but as Bristol is a soft city it wont. I cant wait until the away fans are fully housed in the Atyeo. Blocks a/b of the dolman will be rammed and the atmosphere will intensiphy. Bring on season 2016/17!!!

Yeah the away support wil only be a coins throw away from us, then let out right onto the park.

It'll be just like the olden days!

E-F is not very good. IF there had been more opportunity undoubtedly many fans would have positioned themselves in the Dolman and opposite end of the Williams. Some of the posts here about the old days won't help inspire the club to look beyond where they increasingly look like they want you to go i.e. South stand.

I've asked a number of times why no one can make an atmosphere without having to sit directly next to the away fans, no one seems to know.

• Admin

I've asked a number of times why no one can make an atmosphere without having to sit directly next to the away fans, no one seems to know.

It's not so much being next to the away fans, more the fact that the most vocal group are positioned next to an open area where noise drains away

The atmosphere in the Williams is reasonable minus the away fans, but the stand is unlikable. I am in the stand with friends and family including young children, it has a mundane feel.

More choice post redevelopment for fans away from just the clubs designated singing area will be a good thing.

I ve got the dolman block b going for seasons. The dolman always use to have a great atmosphere until fans started to go in the Eastend as it's a lot cheaper and plus next to away fans.

The fact is in our new stadium will be a great opportunity to get all the singers together. There will always be a better atmosphere next to away fans as the banter between fans is great. I am sure there will still be atmosphere in the rest of the stadium.

You're making it sound like we only sing next to away fans.

It's not so much being next to the away fans, more the fact that the most vocal group are positioned next to an open area where noise drains away

From the other side of the Williams it's certainly loud. In the Atyeo it might not be but then it never was with the distance from the East End.

You're making it sound like we only sing next to away fans.

No I'm agreeing with you that we don't, it's this bizarre theory that gets peddled out a lot.

From the other side of the Williams it's certainly loud. In the Atyeo it might not be but then it never was with the distance from the East End.

It feels like an empty stadium in E. It needs some pepper, chilli's and Fat Northerners to laugh at to spice it up ... Apart from Legends WHICH YOU CAN'T GET IN HALF THE TIME tis rubbish.

No I'm agreeing with you that we don't, it's this bizarre theory that gets peddled out a lot.

Ok sorry.

Williams E/F has been poor the last two games now, it seems to be turning in to your typical sing when your winning type fans.

It seems like a lot of fans are finding stressful at the top rather then fun.

We're going to come up against a lot of of teams that will be hard to break down at home, so we might as well just get behind them and enjoy it.

The club pretty much co-ordinated the move to the other side of the Williams (to where the away fans are) and I don't think they've done anything wrong - these are fans that campaigned to get back into the east end on the grounds that it's our noisier fans' spiritual home, keeping them up that end of the ground made sense, I guess it fit in nicely with not many STs being bought in blocks E/F in previous years.

Also, if the noisiest fans are furthest from the away fans, isn't the theory that everyone between the two will want to join in? Even if it's raining down with banterous chants that probably aren't appropriate for kids - it's not a bad thing to show some controlled passion.

The ground seemed to liven up about 30 seconds before we scored yesterday, the Oldham fans taunted our fans and we all responded - then we scored and the atmosphere's intensity grew - when that happens, nerves feed the singing and some players feel the energy of the fans and give the extra 10%

We did have a quiet one yesterday, we've only failed to score in the first half 4 times this season(?) Bradford was the same, as was Orient - other than a goal in that opening period when we have bombarded pretty much everyone's goal nothing seems get the fans going for more than 5 minutes.

Does anyone else think that if we kept out intensity up as fans, the players wouldn't let the pressure drop when we're leading and would stop conceding as many?

The club pretty much co-ordinated the move to the other side of the Williams (to where the away fans are) and I don't think they've done anything wrong - these are fans that campaigned to get back into the east end on the grounds that it's our noisier fans' spiritual home, keeping them up that end of the ground made sense, I guess it fit in nicely with not many STs being bought in blocks E/F in previous years.

At the relocation meeting it was not made clear what the clubs intent was. What was discussed on the fans side was a limited [smaller] relocation from the Eastend to the Williams, and the expectation from fans present was that supporters could also still move into the other end of the Williams. It only became apparent post meeting that opportunity would not exist.

The suggestion of using Williams E was based upon several factors - space [it was almost empty], it being used previously by groups such as the YSC, and the Legends bar facility. Around 70 fans trialed the section last season v Mk Dons, the consensus post match was that is was worth further enquiry and that the section had "limited" potential, a potential for hundreds, not all from the Eastend! If it had been known what the clubs intent was at the relocation meeting the suggestion of using block E would have not been put forward by the same individuals present, the block is extremely limited, and cannot be described as widely popular post relocation amongst those inhabiting it.

A lesson can be learned here post redevelopment. One size does not fit all, and that choice should be present for sections rather the "Singing section". It appears that both BS/BCFC and the Supporters trust are placing a large emphasis on the South stand as being THE option. The Supporters trust should be urging BS/BCFC to provide as much information for fans as possible, then make suggestions in unison with fans rather on behalf of supporters who have yet to see the design of the South stand and its details.

Naturally most fans will sing across the ground when were doing well or 2-0 up, the fact is the atmosphere is always created by a group of fans sat in a certain area. I feel that block a and b of dolman will be one of those areas once new stadium is finished. The only other area will be where the previous eastenders decide to sit. And I would imagine most ateyo fans will relocate to the new stand behind the goal having that as a singing area aswell. I for one am looking forward to it when the ateyo is away fans.

Would be interested to know what the fans in Williams are thinking of doing?

Not there yesterday, listened on Radio Bris.....

The City came through loud and clear it sounded like the whole Gate was rocking during one particular period singing a ' Wurzel Medley ' .... Cider Drinker, Drink Up etc...

Best bit was just before the goal, Oldham singing who are you. We respond with were bristol city were top if the league, and then goal!!!!!

Naturally most fans will sing across the ground when were doing well or 2-0 up, the fact is the atmosphere is always created by a group of fans sat in a certain area. I feel that block a and b of dolman will be one of those areas once new stadium is finished. The only other area will be where the previous eastenders decide to sit. And I would imagine most ateyo fans will relocate to the new stand behind the goal having that as a singing area aswell. I for one am looking forward to it when the ateyo is away fans.

Would be interested to know what the fans in Williams are thinking of doing?

The club will want the "Eastenders"  to congregate in the South Stand ie: as far away as possible from away fans.

I expect the Dolman A/B to be redesignated as the Family Stand area to prevent the EE relocating there once the Ateyo becomes away fans only.

Either that or there will be some restrictions in place as there are for the Williams Block A as no new S/T's were sold or any  seats sold online for this block this season, and they're are always lots of empty seats there - even when it's a so called sell out. 

I was surprised the E Enders allowed themselves to be basically shoved into a small sterile corner that was always going to be a bit crap once the old EE was demolished.

I was surprised the E Enders allowed themselves to be basically shoved into a small sterile corner that was always going to be a bit crap once the old EE was demolished.

By the time "all" the details became apparent there was no/or little other alternative.

The club will want the "Eastenders" to congregate in the South Stand ie: as far away as possible from away fans.

I expect the Dolman A/B to be redesignated as the Family Stand area to prevent the EE relocating there once the Ateyo becomes away fans only.

Either that or there will be some restrictions in place as there are for the Williams Block A as no new S/T's were sold or any  seats sold online for this block this season, and they're are always lots of empty seats there - even when it's a so called sell out.

Expect the South stand to house a family section, and singing section.

Fans at this point should not be expecting, they should be informed.

The club will want the "Eastenders" to congregate in the South Stand ie: as far away as possible from away fans.

Either that or there will be some restrictions in place as there are for the Williams Block A as no new S/T's were sold or any seats sold online for this block this season, and they're are always lots of empty seats there - even when it's a so called sell out.

Surely not people can sit where they want too. Making any part of the top of dolman family stand would surely be silly as they are sure to be one if the expensive tickets I would imagine family stand will be either bottom tier of dolman or Williams or South stand corner.

The new south stand won't be as cheap as the Eastend will it??

Archived