IGNORED

Jpt

TheRedHalf

If we get Gillingham again, I'm wondering; what is the record for number of times we've had to go to play the same side away in one season competitively?

Know that cup replays/play-offs might make it less than unusual, but still interested, as if we got them away or progressed and got them over two legs (big if; no presumption here), that would make it three times in three competitions we've gone to their place in a season, which I can't remember happening before.

Realise at the top level that some teams who frequently make the later stages of domestic or European Cups end up going head-to-head frequently, but not seen it happen to us before.

If we get Gillingham again, I'm wondering; what is the record for number of times we've had to go to play the same side away in one season competitively?

Know that cup replays/play-offs might make it less than unusual, but still interested, as if we got them away or progressed and got them over two legs (big if; no presumption here), that would make it three times in three competitions we've gone to their place in a season, which I can't remember happening before.

The 89-90 promo season, we plated Reading FIVE times. H&A in the League, H&A in the League Cup and away in the LDV (as the JPT was then).

All three games at Reading were draws whilst those in Bristol were away wins.

The 89-90 promo season, we plated Reading FIVE times. H&A in the League, H&A in the League Cup and away in the LDV (as the JPT was then).

All three games at Reading were draws whilst those in Bristol were away wins.

Thanks for that.

Nice to see that was a promo season; I'll take any GOOD omen we can get....

We played Cambridge in the cup 17 times as kept drawing I seem to remember.

Then we played Warsaw in the play-offs on a Saturday afternoon and twice on the Sunday away in Poland.

Also remember playing Swansea three times in a week about 15 years ago!

I know very few on here care about the Micky mouse cup but when is the draw for the next round? And who else is in the draw?

Very few care at this stage of the competition, as shown by the low gate. Amazingly, should City reach the final, there will suddenly 50,000 "fans" who want a ticket.

Would rather we got knocked out and could focus more on the league and FA cup. We can't continue playing in three competitions without it seriously effecting our form.

I can understand the logic of this, but I'd rather go for the paint cup, rather than the FA cup, as we have a chance of getting to Wembley. A Wembley final would also generate a fair bit of cash

While i dont particularly care if we win the cup im one of the fans that would go to each game that i can, seeing city is difficult for me money wise and ive already overspent by going to the games i have. So as long as i can afford it i go to any game i can whether its paint pot cup fa cup or the league. If we did make it to the final I will be going regardless because a day at wembley is a day at wembley regardless

Would rather we got knocked out and could focus more on the league and FA cup. We can't continue playing in three competitions without it seriously effecting our form.

A valid point, but I do not believe that, realistically, our run in the FA Cup is going to last more than 2 or 3 more matches - idem the JPT (4 including the final).

Very few care at this stage of the competition, as shown by the low gate. Amazingly, should City reach the final, there will suddenly 50,000 "fans" who want a ticket.

That's great for two reasons ;

One - the money generated

Two - if just 1% of that crowd then become regulars at The Gate that increases our average attendance by 5 % !

I'm enjoying this season so much (so far) that I can get excited about the JPT for the first time since, er, ever.

Wouldn't be nice to see some silverware in our new South Stand? Ok only JPT cup but surely better than Gloucestershire six toe trophy.

We can win this so why not go all out as both a team and as the fans?

Let's hope the only  trip to Wembley this season is for this cos pray offs for me has bad memories 

It's a competition we have a realistic chance of winning, generates revenue for the club and who doesn't like a day out at Wembley watching City. It also gives us an opportunity to give game time to squad players who aren't getting a lot of game time in the league.

Ridiculous comments from the nay-sayers. We're not too good to play in the thing, that's why we're playing in it.

Archived