IGNORED

The Price Of Success?

Nogbad the Bad

I personally don't think 2-3 hours of an average person's pay is that too much to watch some of the best players in the world.

Do you honestly care if you truly support your team?

I hate being patronised by talksport et al, who constantly ram down my throat that the Premier League must be amazing because sergio Aguerro plays for Man City. Does he? Sorry, i didn't realise it mattered.

Do you not just enjoy football? I do. I love watching games on a sunday or saturday. When i watch the team i love it makes it even better.

completely agree with mike clitoris, on a side note mike, you recently mentioned that although you live in Weston you support Gloucestershire at cricket ! very commendable, Jordan tansley also lives in Weston and supports Gloucestershire, have you two ever met ? you'd have plenty to talk about, you both support city and despite living in a town full of Somerset supporters you both suppose Gloucestershire ! if by any strange chance you also supported Liverpool it be almond as if you were one and the same person ! Do you like Liverpool mike ? please tell !

At first it was funny, now it's just obsessive and a tad stalky

Not knowing the ins and outs of the German model of football (half owned by the fans?). What's stopping just our club going down that route? We seem fairly forward thinking as a club what with the safe standing and pushing for alcohol on the terraces. This would surely be a brilliant bit of publicity with the climate football is in at the moment.

I read recently that Bayern Meunchen were asked about ticket prices which are generally about 15 to 20 Euros per match. The question was, should they increase them.

Their reply was that if they increased ticket prices, they believed attendance levels would drop and they forecast that the net increase in revenue would be around 2 million euros per annum.

This they said was not worth it if it meant losing regular support and this money could easily be made by extra off the field income.

Much the same could be said for many English Premier clubs.A 25% reduction would be such a small percentage of their income, that most clubs would hardly notice it.

Not knowing the ins and outs of the German model of football (half owned by the fans?). What's stopping just our club going down that route? We seem fairly forward thinking as a club what with the safe standing and pushing for alcohol on the terraces. This would surely be a brilliant bit of publicity with the climate football is in at the moment.

Steve Lansdown.

The Supporters Trust have repeatedly asked him for "fan" representation at board level and also some kind of process for the ST to own a stake in the club but he is not interested in this at all.

I read recently that Bayern Meunchen were asked about ticket prices which are generally about 15 to 20 Euros per match. The question was, should they increase them.

Their reply was that if they increased ticket prices, they believed attendance levels would drop and they forecast that the net increase in revenue would be around 2 million euros per annum.

This they said was not worth it if it meant losing regular support and this money could easily be made by extra off the field income.

Much the same could be said for many English Premier clubs.A 25% reduction would be such a small percentage of their income, that most clubs would hardly notice it.

I guess this is the thinking behind the new stadium and the investment in Bristol Sport as a whole. 

completely agree with mike clitoris, on a side note mike, you recently mentioned that although you live in Weston you support Gloucestershire at cricket ! very commendable, Jordan tansley also lives in Weston and supports Gloucestershire, have you two ever met ? you'd have plenty to talk about, you both support city and despite living in a town full of Somerset supporters you both suppose Gloucestershire ! if by any strange chance you also supported Liverpool it be almond as if you were one and the same person ! Do you like Liverpool mike ? please tell !

Who actually gives a sh*t?

I know it's not going to get the champagne corks popping but this was against a backdrop of clubs (Bradford, Barnsley) spending desperate sums on over-the-hill players in the hope of staying up and then collapsing when they got relegated, ending up near-bankrupt and in the third or fourth divisions.

Isn`t this exactly what happened to us the last time we got to the top!

He probably does Timothy, but does it really matter?

A short term ban for JT was in order, a lifetime ban probably over the top.

If this Mike Litoris character starts abusing people in Tansleyesque fashion I'm sure the mods. will sort him out.

We're here to talk football, Bristol City in particular, put your obsession aside and join in with that.

Given the awful car crash that is the Premier League I'd be happy to consolidate in the Championship and stay there tbh.  Especially if it means I can still afford a season ticket.

We still get to play on a Saturday afternoon, we get 23 league home games .....

Although never wanting City to lose at any level from U5's to first team- I really couldn't give a damn about getting to the prem. 

To me football is about being passionate and the football teams should be a focal point within the community.

It maybe a slightly romantic view but give me an annoyed JET shoving a swindon player so hard it shakes the grandstand over players sulking because the club didn't get them a birthday cake and shake their hand.

I'd love City to take the premiership by storm and show that we could be successful as well as holding our club and fans values. But in all honesty I just want to enjoy watching city play regardless of what league we are in.

The point is nogbad tansley was originally given a short ban, he then breached that ban by posting under a false name for which he was given a life ban ( the same as riaz ) I've made my point and I'll leave it now just wanted to show tansley that despite the fact that he is by far the most intelligent person on the forum ( to quote himself )/he doesn't fool everybody !

The point is nogbad tansley was originally given a short ban, he then breached that ban by posting under a false name for which he was given a life ban ( the same as riaz ) I've made my point and I'll leave it now just wanted to show tansley that despite the fact that he is by far the most intelligent person on the forum ( to quote himself )/he doesn't fool everybody !

I'm beginning to think you're Tansley and we are all part of a little game whereby you brainwash the lot of us into talking about you rather than football.

Damn.... it started.

:rofl2br: Yes, I remember that very well.

I don't see the need for life bans except in really exceptional circumstances, and if Mike Litoris behaves himself and provides us with a few chortling gems like that then no one will be complaining.

If Litoris wants to stay on here I expect him to be a very anonymous, humble, and unconfrontational poster, with no name calling at all.

So, what are your thoughts on the price to be paid for City getting to the PL then Timothy?  :dunno:

This is a real paradox of being a football supporter these days.

I truly want success for Bristol City, but I don't want the 'prize' that would come with it.

What would be best would be winning the Championship and then saying 'no thanks' to the premier league, although it will obviously never happen.

The only other way would be to refuse to pay the obscene wages, refuse to sign overpaid journeymen on a vastly overhyped reputation alone and keep ticket prices reasonable. They would probably get hammered every week but would at least get hammered with integrity intact!

We paid obscene wages and signed overpaid journeyman in the Championship, never mind the promised land! ;)

We paid obscene wages and signed overpaid journeyman in the Championship, never mind the promised land! ;)

And our time there was a lot less enjoyable than it should have been because of it.

Our last period in the Championship and the associated spending created a need to try and raise income from the fanbase which led, to my mind, to the biggest disconnect between fans and club there has ever been. Something that is only now beginning to be repaired.

Wel nogbad in the season that we lost to hull in the p off final I went to a supporteers meeting with s l and he said that if we went up the price of season tickets would not go up so I guess that still applies, personally I've got no interest in the premier league and I doubt if id actually go much, I just don't fancy sitting in a stadium full of plastics who are only their to watch Rooney or whoever, having said that id still like us to get their, it would mean so much to sl to achieve his dream and it would so p the sags off !

Are we chasing a dream as a club the realisation of which many City supporters would not only find abhorrent, but wouldn't be able to afford to watch anyway?

Personally I've got no time at all for the money fixated Premier League, and will be quite content if City never get there.

Last time we were in this division, someone on this forum asked "Do you want City to play in the Premiership"? The majority of fans declared that's overpriced and would be quite content for City to be a strong Championship team that every few years had a good cup run.

Then we got promoted and came within 90 mins of the Premiership and so many people changed their opinions and did want City in the Prem.

If YOU posted on that thread seven or eight years ago, have your views changed since your reply then?

Last time we were in this division, someone on this forum asked "Do you want City to play in the Premier League"? The majority of fans declared that's overpriced and would be quite content for City to be a strong Championship team that every few years had a good cup run.

Then we got promoted and came within 90 mins of the Premier League and so many people changed their opinions and did want City in the Prem.

If YOU posted on that thread seven or eight years ago, have your views changed since your reply then?

i would love City to be in the Prem ,showing others the right way to go about things.

I'm sure Uncle Steve would n't abandon us to the altar of greed and corruption. :nono:

Wel nogbad in the season that we lost to hull in the p off final I went to a supporteers meeting with s l and he said that if we went up the price of season tickets would not go up so I guess that still applies, personally I've got no interest in the premier league and I doubt if id actually go much, I just don't fancy sitting in a stadium full of plastics who are only their to watch Rooney or whoever, having said that id still like us to get their, it would mean so much to sl to achieve his dream and it would so p the sags off !

mate, dont take this personally but why dont you start another thread?

We were supposed to be talking about the premier league.

Archived