IGNORED

Stupid / Annoying / Pointless Sayings

The Gasbuster

My good lady has started saying 'throw someone under the bus', that pisses me off

She has a friend who doesn't have holidays, she has vacations, that pisses me off

Another of her friends used the expression 'pay cheque'. I told her that pisses me off, it's a pay slip. There is nothing cheque like about it, you can't take it to a bank and cash it

If I am washing my car on the drive; it seems inevitable that either a neighbour or a passer by shouts out "You can do mine after, if you like.....hahahaha !".

Similar if painting a fence, it is almost a certainty that some wag will comment  "You missed a bit there, mate, hahaha !"

How bleedin' hilarious, on both counts. :disapointed2se:  

My good lady has started saying 'throw someone under the bus', that pisses me off

She has a friend who doesn't have holidays, she has vacations, that pisses me off

Another of her friends used the expression 'pay cheque'. I told her that pisses me off, it's a pay slip. There is nothing cheque like about it, you can't take it to a bank and cash it

I have a friend that gives gifts not presents, that pisses me off.

I work with a bloke who is a 100% knob and he pisses me off

"......and Doncaster will play number 63, Bristol City." pissed me off tonight.

What is it with people putting a "look" after everything.  "I went to see our Ma, look.  She gets everso lonely up there on her own, look."   :nono: Just stop it, stop it immediately.  Is it a Bristolian thing?  I hope these people don't do it when they're conversing with the blind.

"Can I get" seems to have replaced "can I have" in shops/pubs etc. Also, slightly off topic, but when I first started work, you used to be told  "Go and ask for a long weight / left-handed screwdriver / bucket of steam..etc"...does this still happen?...

Skirting board ladder or down to the Post Office for an oral agreement form

Pay check - it's American :facepalm:

Tim Wonnacott linking arms with Bargain Hunt contestants saying .......

'... join us again for more bargain hunting, yes? ... YES!! ' -while simultaneously performing a group kick towards camera...

God, do I not like that! ... Arrrghhh!!!

Christ, that programme is shit !!

I work up north and they say 'while' when talking about time. I.e. I am working 9 while 5.

Stupid tossers

Same as in Latin. "Dum" means both."while" and "until".

When modern light-controlled level crossings first appeared they had a sign reading "WAIT WHILE LIGHTS FLASH". This was not a Good Idea in the North-East and East Anglia :(

Tim Wonnacott linking arms with Bargain Hunt contestants saying .......

'... join us again for more bargain hunting, yes? ... YES!! ' -while simultaneously performing a group kick towards camera...

God, do I not like that! ... Arrrghhh!!!

I hate the overuse of the words 'achieve' and 'yield' on Homes under the Hammer....also that shit music they play whenever the estate agents turn up....and the constant use of puns by the two dribbling d1ckheads that present the programme.

I have a friend that gives gifts not presents, that pisses me off.

I work with a bloke who is a 100% knob and he pisses me off

I've recently seen loads of M&S tv adverts for their 'Gifting Weekend' wtf is that??

And all the Welsh stuff on here is very funny yet so true. My best friend at school was French, but learnt most of her English from her very Welsh sister-in-law who adopted her...God she had an odd accent and weirder sayings by the time Bristolian was thown in too!

I hate the overuse of the words 'achieve' and 'yield' on Homes under the Hammer....also that shit music they play whenever the estate agents turn up....and the constant use of puns by the two dribbling d1ckheads that present the programme.

So why watch it?

When my missus says 'do whatever you want' when she actually means 'do what I want you to do or its over' :laugh:

On a serious note, it makes me absolutely rage how Americans say 'I could care less' instead of the correct 'I couldn't care less'.

The point seems lost on them that they are actually saying that they COULD care less, and thus DO care about what they're trying to say they don't care about.

Facepalm.

Archived